749 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, Shubiepinky said:

Hey just wondering what are the documents my fiancé needs to send me to take them with me to my interview 

2 hours ago, naitisha said:

hello guys!

I got my approval for my NOA2 today!!

can anyone share how long does it take for the interview in mumbai embassy?

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing
https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB%20IV%20Packet%204%20for%20Ks%20January%202015%20Revision_001.pdf

Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number.

Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

The website address for Hyderabad is

https://www.migrationmedicine.com/ just in case if someone needs

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I wanted to ask you one thing - when the US Petitioner goes with the beneficiary for the interview - do they need to do something in specific to go inside for the interview?

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:21 AM, A_R said:

Hi,

I wanted to ask you one thing - when the US Petitioner goes with the beneficiary for the interview - do they need to do something in specific to go inside for the interview?

Bring your passport for identification. The guards outside will direct you. Let them know that you are a USC and they will show you the entry point. Some Embassies will let the USC in and some don't. Once inside sometimes you can stand at the interview window with your beneficiary and sometimes they ask you to sit and wait. Again, each is different.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I had my interview on November 9,2018 and got approved. You can read the review here:

https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=25021

I would like to thank each and everyone here for all the guidance, help and support. Thanks a ton!!!

Edited by A_R

Timeline
On 11/10/2018 at 3:12 PM, Lonegirl said:

How was your interview?

Hi,

I had my interview on November 9,2018 and got approved. You can read the review here:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 11/11/2018 at 8:56 AM, A_R said:

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank each and everyone here for all the guidance, help and support. Thanks a ton!!!

Congrats! Very happy for you both. Sounds like you had a hard interview.

Edit: one question that might help others here: did you provide any pictures of engagement or other ceremonies? Is that why he grilled you on that topic?

Edited by Amit&Julie

Timeline
1 hour ago, Amit&Julie said:

Congrats! Very happy for you both. Sounds like you had a hard interview.

Edit: one question that might help others here: did you provide any pictures of engagement or other ceremonies? Is that why he grilled you on that topic?

Hi @Amit&Julie

Thanks so much. Yes I would say it was hard. Actually more than hard it was a rapid fire in the sense he didn’t want to give me anytime to think or make up answers but since I was very very well prepared I didn’t have any issue at all.

To answer your next question I hadn’t provided any single photo of any ceremony or anything because we didn’t do anything like that. But I think because of what happens in India generally he grilled me a lot. He had my original i129f package and at times was verifying my answers with what I had said in my Declaration of How we met. I was actually quite surprised how much he grilled me on the marriage/ceremony in India part plus he was also very interested in knowing my next 6 months plans for entering US and marriage in US to a very detailed level. 

Strange..huh?

Timeline
51 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi @Amit&Julie

Thanks so much. Yes I would say it was hard. Actually more than hard it was a rapid fire in the sense he didn’t want to give me anytime to think or make up answers but since I was very very well prepared I didn’t have any issue at all.

To answer your next question I hadn’t provided any single photo of any ceremony or anything because we didn’t do anything like that. But I think because of what happens in India generally he grilled me a lot. He had my original i129f package and at times was verifying my answers with what I had said in my Declaration of How we met. I was actually quite surprised how much he grilled me on the marriage/ceremony in India part plus he was also very interested in knowing my next 6 months plans for entering US and marriage in US to a very detailed level. 

Strange..huh?

Interesting. Sounds like he is wise to the local customs and "jugaad" that people might attempt to beat the system. Thanks for sharing. And again, congrats!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Amit&Julie said:

Interesting. Sounds like he is wise to the local customs and "jugaad" that people might attempt to beat the system. Thanks for sharing. And again, congrats!

Yes it seemed so to me.

How are you doing? 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, A_R said:

Yes it seemed so to me.

How are you doing? 

We're good. :) Just waiting for Amit's EAD and AP to come, maybe they'll arrive in a couple of months. He's adjusting to life here pretty well--just experienced his 2nd winter snow storm!

When's your POE and wedding?

Timeline
On 11/13/2018 at 1:57 AM, Amit&Julie said:

We're good. :) Just waiting for Amit's EAD and AP to come, maybe they'll arrive in a couple of months. He's adjusting to life here pretty well--just experienced his 2nd winter snow storm!

When's your POE and wedding?

Oh cool.

My POE will be somewhere in December end nad just a small legal wedding after that.

I will be moving to Boston and it will be extremely cold then there.

Just waiting for my passport now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I filled out DS160 and made payment.

Now I am trying to book the appointment at Mumbai embassy and latest date available is JAN 31, 2019.

I would like to get earlier dates in DEC. Is there any limitation for rescheduling the interview dates(if available) ?

Thanks

GC Received : April 2021

I - 751

Documents Sent : 1/27/2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone I want to discuss one thing we got our noa2 approved on Aug 2 2018

got the medical done got my pcc from London and Singapore but I am still waiting for my pcc from India 

My interview is on November 23 2018 

I have read somewhere that once they approved ur case it only valid for 4 months from that date and my our case was approved on August 2 2018 so as per that date our case will expire on December 2 2018 

i am so confused now what to do 

and what are the options we have 

how can we push the date of expiry of our application and how we can reschedule our interview date too 

we would be so thankful if someone would help us out of this problem 

thank you so much please help us out 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shubiepinky said:

Hi everyone I want to discuss one thing we got our noa2 approved on Aug 2 2018

got the medical done got my pcc from London and Singapore but I am still waiting for my pcc from India 

My interview is on November 23 2018 

I have read somewhere that once they approved ur case it only valid for 4 months from that date and my our case was approved on August 2 2018 so as per that date our case will expire on December 2 2018 

i am so confused now what to do 

and what are the options we have 

how can we push the date of expiry of our application and how we can reschedule our interview date too 

we would be so thankful if someone would help us out of this problem 

thank you so much please help us out 

Hi ,

What is the approval date on your NOA2 - August 2nd? If yes still you need not worry because you are having your final interview before your NOA2 expires. I think you are good to go and need not worry.

Those people have to worry whose NOA2 date is expiring and they cannot get any interview dates. 

Plus in your case it’s too late to get any date now as your interview is next week.

I have heard if the NOA2 is expiring and no appointment dates are available then the Embassy may extend your NOA2 period upto a year.

But don’t you worry and concentrate on your interview. All the best!!!

P.S. To change your appointment you need to log in to the ustraveldocs website where you originally booked your appointment and reschedule it, but I don’t think you will need it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.