749 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Nikki&pat said:

if its a holiday on friday(good friday) they'll take up interviews on thursdays 😌

I meant Medical and VAC (Finger print) not the Visa Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 9/29/2018 at 11:25 AM, Knome said:

thanks a lot for sharing your experience and providing info...me n my fiance are same sex couple and v also had previous marriages that too with opposite sex ... idk how our case is going to be now :( we are march 19 K1 filers and we havent got any updates on NOA2.... we are jus feeling so restless day by day

Wishing both of you the best of luck!!! This must be doubly hard because there are no other same sex couples here to share stories with. I support you - keep me updated!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, LoriandSwaroop said:

Wishing both of you the best of luck!!! This must be doubly hard because there are no other same sex couples here to share stories with. I support you - keep me updated!

Thanks a lot....we got an RFE for petitioner s passport size photo...which v replied back on 17 th oct...still waiting for NOA2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, pknick said:

The extra characters are if the beneficiary has any dependents.. I guess u guys might have figured it out but since this a forum I wanted to write explicitly bcoz there will be record for future viewers

@pknick  Actually I didn't know that. But thanks for informing. Since I am the only one it is 01 , I'm guessing people who go with kids would have 02 or 03?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Knome said:

Thanks a lot....we got an RFE for petitioner s passport size photo...which v replied back on 17 th oct...still waiting for NOA2

Hi @Knome 

Just sharing my experience. I got my NOA2 approval in 9 months . Without any RFE or anything. My case is very simple - we are of different sex ,I fulfilled all the requirements needed. I gave all my documents even a lot in surplus but still it took a gruesome 9 months for my approval to come. I think it's just luck, I saw all my December filers get their approval and some even got their visa and were in US before I got my approval. It was heart breaking.

After my date passed on USCIS website, I was very proactive - immediately contacted my Senator ,followed up with them. It was very very difficult to keep patience and hope but try everything that you can. Since you have submitted your RFE on Oct 17th only, it will minimum take 2 weeks to 1 month. If your case has passed the normal processing times you should contact your Senator after waiting for 3 weeks.

All the best and hope you get your approval soon. There are still people of December along with me who are waiting for their approval and that is just sad and many before you. Just try an d keep hope. 

Once you get your approval you will eventually forget this time.

Best of luck !!!!

Edited by A_R

Timeline
17 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I would say your Embassy is not a problematic Embassy. There are tons of your countrymen leaving all the time so I wouldn't concern myself with this issue. Your overthinking this process. It's so easy but everyone makes it so hard on themselves by created something there that is not there.

Thanks a lot @Greenbaum  your experience and unending help to all of us is really admirable. My Salute to you !!!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi @Knome 

Just sharing my experience. I got my NOA2 approval in 9 months . Without any RFE or anything. My case is very simple - we are of different sex ,I fulfilled all the requirements needed. I gave all my documents even a lot in surplus but still it took a gruesome 9 months for my approval to come. I think it's just luck, I saw all my December filers get their approval and some even got their visa and were in US before I got my approval. It was heart breaking.

After my date passed on USCIS website, I was very proactive - immediately contacted my Senator ,followed up with them. It was very very difficult to keep patience and hope but try everything that you can. Since you have submitted your RFE on Oct 17th only, it will minimum take 2 weeks to 1 month. If your case has passed the normal processing times you should contact your Senator after waiting for 3 weeks.

All the best and hope you get your approval soon. There are still people of December along with me who are waiting for their approval and that is just sad and many before you. Just try an d keep hope. 

Once you get your approval you will eventually forget this time.

Best of luck !!!!

Ohh wow that was a long journey of patience ... But all worth....we also hav all the patience of the world for each other..lets c wen it comes...thank you so much for sharing...its really motivating 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Knome said:

Ohh wow that was a long journey of patience ... But all worth....we also hav all the patience of the world for each other..lets c wen it comes...thank you so much for sharing...its really motivating 

Good, and in any case you are still within processing times. Don't worry .I know all of us want to get approved asap but don't be impatient. Think about the people who have waiting so so so much longer than you..

All the very best of luck to you !!!

P.S. I know you may not like what I am saying but as a person who has waited 270 days to get the NOA2 - I can say how difficult and torturing the wait is.

But now my interview is on November 9th ☺️☺️

Timeline
18 minutes ago, A_R said:

Good, and in any case you are still within processing times. Don't worry .I know all of us want to get approved asap but don't be impatient. Think about the people who have waiting so so so much longer than you..

All the very best of luck to you !!!

P.S. I know you may not like what I am saying but as a person who has waited 270 days to get the NOA2 - I can say how difficult and torturing the wait is.

But now my interview is on November 9th ☺️☺️

Naaah...i really appreciate watever u hav shared and i value it...

I really wish you all the very best for interview !!

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

I got approved on 12th oct . I haven’t recieved my passport yet .. no changes on ceac . Still showing the same status application recieved . Last update on 19th oct  . No changes . Nothing I don’t know y  

what’s going on ? 

Even people interviewed on the same day got their passports after three to four days . 

No information 

M so tensed 😶

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Aman Veer said:

I got approved on 12th oct . I haven’t recieved my passport yet .. no changes on ceac . Still showing the same status application recieved . Last update on 19th oct  . No changes . Nothing I don’t know y  

what’s going on ? 

Even people interviewed on the same day got their passports after three to four days . 

No information 

M so tensed 😶

Hi @Aman Veer  first of all congratulations.

Secondly, Had the CO clearly told you - you were approved??  

Have you tried calling the consulate or visited and asked  ?

Also, Aman Veer  - Please update your VJ timeline to help you better.

@Greenbaum  Kindly advise is this normal ? As I also think it shouldn't take this long?

Anybody else - face something like this?

7 minutes ago, A_R said:

Hi @Aman Veer  first of all congratulations.

Secondly, Had the CO clearly told you - you were approved??  

Have you tried calling the consulate or visited and asked  ?

Also, Aman Veer  - Please update your VJ timeline to help you better.

@Greenbaum  Kindly advise is this normal ? As I also think it shouldn't take this long?

Anybody else - face something like this?

Theirs is just taking a little longer to get. Panic will set in but not for another week or so. More patience is needed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
Just now, Greenbaum said:

Theirs is just taking a little longer to get. Panic will set in but not for another week or so. More patience is needed.

Okay , thanks could this be just random or maybe something specific in your experience?

Timeline
On 10/21/2018 at 9:42 PM, Shubiepinky said:

You need to carry your appointment confirmation 

your letter from NVC which is telling u the case number they just need ur case number from that but I carry the photocopy of that too and passport photocopy with original passport and Two passport size photographs and u don’t have to do fasting so u can eat and drink even before ur medical 

Hi @Shubiepinky 

I am going for my medical to Max, Delhi on  31.10.18. Can you tell me at the medical did they ask you for any documentation regarding  the i129F package or NOA2 approval letter or anything of such sort?

I am carrying  passport + photocopy, photographs, NVC letter, visa appt letter, Email copy of my P4 plus my all medical records. Anything else needed?

After how many days did yo get your reports?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.