NowAndThen

When to Schedule interview?

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone-

I have just scheduled my medical appointment today (earliest apt. was 19th October, for anyone interested. Also: be very specific and clear giving your email address to them. My address was put down wrong twice, but it was easily sorted).

The CEAC website indicates my application is at the embassy (London), and "ready". I understand I need to leave at least 5-10 working days between medical and interview, which is fine. I also have all my relevant documents I need with photocopies. I do not have any physical letter or email from the embassy giving instructions, only the "ready" status on CEAC and the emailed letter from the NVC giving the case number and advising us the application was sent to the embassy, etc.

Is it safe to arrange my embassy interview? I understand the basic risk of something going wrong with the medical delaying the process, but as of this moment, is there any reason to not arrange the interview for a date in November, a good amount of working days past my medical?

Thanks everyone. 

Hey there,

I'm in the same position and same place (london) as you!

I have just scheduled my interview for 15 days after my medical. I don't have any paperwork from the embassy yet, so I'm hoping giving them just over a month will be enough time :)
I'm not sure if you actually need to have that packet because you make your appointment online and you're supposed to print and bring that confirmation page with you.. can anyone clarify on this??

I'm pretty sure all they send to you is a letter saying that they have your application and that you need to do X, Y and Z.

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

10 minutes ago, chlosicles said:

Hey there,

I'm in the same position and same place (london) as you!

I have just scheduled my interview for 15 days after my medical. I don't have any paperwork from the embassy yet, so I'm hoping giving them just over a month will be enough time :)
I'm not sure if you actually need to have that packet because you make your appointment online and you're supposed to print and bring that confirmation page with you.. can anyone clarify on this??

I'm pretty sure all they send to you is a letter saying that they have your application and that you need to do X, Y and Z.

Have just noticed on my confirmation page from booking the interview it says you will need to bring either the letter or email sent to you from the consular.

Consular is NVC or embassy??

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:
31st Jan 2018 | NOA1 Received: 13th Feb 2018 | NOA2 Received: 15th Aug 2018 | At NVC: 4th Sep 2018 | At Embassy: 21st Sep 2018 | Medical: 15th Oct 2018 | Interview: 30th Oct 2018 | K1 Issued: 2nd Nov 2018 | Flight to him<3: 4th Dec 2018 | Wedding<3: 21st Jan 2019

AOS JOURNEY.
AOS sent: 26th Feb 2019 | NOA1 Received: 28th Feb 2019 | Biometrics: 27th March 2019 | EAD/AP: 29th July 2019 | GC Interview: 16th Oct 2019 | GC Approved: 17th Oct 2019 GC Received: 23rd Oct 2019

6 minutes ago, chlosicles said:

Have just noticed on my confirmation page from booking the interview it says you will need to bring either the letter or email sent to you from the consular.

This thread may be of help- although it is a couple of years old. Lots of people saying they did not receive a "letter" from the embassy and just took the NCV email. 

21 minutes ago, chlosicles said:

I'm going to try and contact the embassy and see if I can get clarification. Googling the phrase "THE LETTER YOU RECEIVED FROM THE CONSULAR SECTION" results in many people who have been in the same boat. I say do not panic- if I hear anything I will post it here. From what I've seen people haven't received a letter, and they recommend bringing the documents you would take anyway- DS-160 confirmation page, NVC email, and the rest. 

On 9/20/2018 at 8:26 PM, chlosicles said:

Just got a letter today from the embassy. It literally says to follow a link to apply for the visa, with nothing else. It contains information on the bottom that I already had: case number, visa category. My case was updated on the CEAC website on the 20th therefore I anticipated a letter soon. Looks like I was right!

33 minutes ago, NowAndThen said:

Just got a letter today from the embassy. It literally says to follow a link to apply for the visa, with nothing else. It contains information on the bottom that I already had: case number, visa category. My case was updated on the CEAC website on the 20th therefore I anticipated a letter soon. Looks like I was right!

When did your petition get to the embassy? Mine got there 20th September and not had anything through mail yet..

K1 JOURNEY.
I-129F sent:

AOS JOURNEY.

1 hour ago, chlosicles said:

When did your petition get to the embassy? Mine got there 20th September and not had anything through mail yet..

Mine got there September 11th I think. It updated to 20th a few days ago, and just today updated to the 24th. I say you’ll probably get something within a week or so- however it is just a single letter. Keep you eyes peeled on the CEAC website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.