The Nature  Boy

Kanye West defends his support for Trump: 'Liberals can't bully me'

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, OptimusSpice said:

The liberal mindset seems to have devolved into such delusional narcissism it's almost scary. Gaslighting and twisting everything, unable to even entertain the idea that they might be wrong. It's like the cheater who deflects and turns being confronted into an attack on the one confronting them. When the logic and evidence is clear, they have to pull in unrelated issues to muddy the conversation and they get progressively more agitated and even violent, pulling out made up situations created in their own head "because their instinct tells them it's true" so it must be fact! The entire time acting as if they are the victim. It's impossible to reason with a narcissist. They want the freedom to do what ever they want, but they don't want to be held accountable or face the consequences of those choices. 

Are we talking about Donald Trump or the left? :rofl:

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline

Republicans worship Donald Trump, but believe the Democratic party is full of narcissists. :rofl: 

If I told people years ago that this would happening in 2018. I think they would have sent me to the psych ward for sure. 

June 14, 2013 RFE

Acknowledging that someone is doing well at their job - in spite of all the obstacles his opponents are trying to put in his way is far from worship.  I don't care for him on a personal level, I wouldn't have coffee with him or have him in my social circle.  He absolutely runs his mouth and could use more decorum.  His personality leaves a bit to be desired.  However, the Presidency is not a popularity contest.  I don't care if he's not charismatic.  I care if he's doing his job well.  He is.  Clinton was one of the most charismatic Presidents we've seen in decades.  He knew how to talk to people.  He had a way with the public, the media, and foreign dignitaries that was commendable.  Yet his character still leaves much to be desired.  He still abused the position he was in and engaged in inappropriate behavior with his staff (among the myriad of other things he did that I think were no good for the country).  He did some things well and there were plenty of things he did that I disagreed with.  I wasn't a fan of his presidency but I can still acknowledge things he did well.  TBH - I think Hillary is shadier than he is.  I do think they are both criminals, but most politicians are.  And yes, I can acknowledge that there is likely some criminal/shady skeletons in Trump's closet too - and no - that doesn't make it okay.  Should investigations reveal sufficient evidence to prosecute, I would support that.  Clinton didn't do as much damage to the nation as Obama - whose presidency is one that I can't find much of anything positive about.  Trump plays a role.  It's the same one he's had as a public image long before his campaign even begun.  He popped off at the mouth, ranted and hollered, was the big "meanie head" businessman rich guy (just watch 1 episode of The Apprentice).  He's smart enough to maintain that image.  He knows that the media will disagree with anything he ever does or says regardless, so why bother trying to change a well established image?  When things get "slow" he throws them another bone to go crazy over, then he returns to getting things done.  And he is absolutely getting things done.  I can't really fault him for that strategy.  Job approval is far from worship.  No one has ever likened Trump to a god (that I'm aware of, please correct me if I'm wrong) - however I have seen Obama referred to as a god, a savior, a prophet, a hero (though I can't for the life of me see why). 

Which party is it that defaults to worship of their leaders?

http://obamamessiah.blogspot.com/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/3375593/Barack-Obama-Hes-been-sent-by-God.html

man brandishing an Obama placard marched back and forth in a state of feverish excitement, shouting: "He's been sent by God. I'm not saying he's Jesus, but he could fill Moses' shoes."

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2018/06/09/week-media-bias-history-obama-sort-god

Such was the case for Newsweek editor Evan Thomas on June 5, 2009. While talking about Barack Obama, he rhapsodized: “Obama’s standing above the country... above the world. He’s sort of God.” There you go. “Sort of God.” 

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/matthew-archbold/8-most-hilarious-and-unsettling-obama-as-deity-metaphors

The Obama-as-God metaphors have been rampant the past half decade. 

Timeline

The worship of Trump is so complete, that Trump just has to say something to his adoring fans, and they immediately repeat it, as if they thought of it themselves. 

June 14, 2013 RFE

Filed: Timeline
19 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

The worship of Trump is so complete, that Trump just has to say something to his adoring fans, and they immediately repeat it, as if they thought of it themselves. 

Mind throwing out some links to examples, rather than your own personal feelings?  I’d like to see some of this worship myself, that I may understand your POV better.

Edited by Satisfied

6 hours ago, OptimusSpice said:

The liberal mindset seems to have devolved into such delusional narcissism it's almost scary. Gaslighting and twisting everything, unable to even entertain the idea that they might be wrong. It's like the cheater who deflects and turns being confronted into an attack on the one confronting them. When the logic and evidence is clear, they have to pull in unrelated issues to muddy the conversation and they get progressively more agitated and even violent, pulling out made up situations created in their own head "because their instinct tells them it's true" so it must be fact! The entire time acting as if they are the victim. It's impossible to reason with a narcissist. They want the freedom to do what ever they want, but they don't want to be held accountable or face the consequences of those choices. 

I ensure that I have a diverse social group because just like anyone, if all I ever hear is agreement with my pov, then I don't learn, I don't grow as a person, and I can fall into a more closed mindset. I encourage others to present different opinions.  I'm more than willing to say that I hadn't thought about it that way, or I didn't know that. I was wrong. Etc. Etc. I'm more interested in WHAT is right not WHO is right. The problem I have been seeing, is that the discussion is not staying in the realm of reason and logic. The countering arguments are not backed with fact. I'm not going to aquiesce to illogical, emotionally based arguments.  "Because I don't like him!" is not grounds for impeachment.  "Because I don't like Trump" is not grounds for automatically disqualifying his appointments/nominees.  "Because I don't agree with you" doesn't mean you can censor my first amendment right to speak.

I'm not party affiliated, but I do find that the liberal mindset is moving further away from valid rational arguments and becoming increasingly more emotionally based. I find the conservative mindset to be more willing retain reason. There will always be outliers in both extremes. But the rate at which I see the Democratic party moving as a whole into the extreme is disturbing. I have hope though. Because even among the liberally minded people I know, as many as are going off the rails, are those who are jumping off that ship. I'm grateful for our constitution. It was written for times such as these. 

"The liberal mind set" 

Your first 3 words are the problem.

There's nothing wrong with being liberal or conservative, but there is something wrong when you try to paint the other side as crazy 99% of the time. 

extemism has always been the problem. The same thing can be said about religion. Is Islam violent relgion? No... But they do have some really violent extremist that cause alot of problems.

2 hours ago, Póg mo said:

The worship of trump is so ridiculous that's its beyond liberal and conservative, because he is neither. 

Just an arrogant non-selfmade billionaire that wants to pad his ego and pockets. 

Why trump supporters can't or won't see it.

Who knows. 

22 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

"The liberal mind set" 

Your first 3 words are the problem.

There's nothing wrong with being liberal or conservative, but there is something wrong when you try to paint the other side as crazy 99% of the time. 

extemism has always been the problem. The same thing can be said about religion. Is Islam violent relgion? No... But they do have some really violent extremist that cause alot of problems.

Did you even read my post?  Or did you simply shut down at the first 4 words and assume what the rest of my post would say?  Where exactly did I "paint the other side as crazy 99% of the time"?  When did I say it was wrong to be of either mindset?  Did I not specifically state that I deliberately have opposing mindsets within my social circle because I value them?

If we can't use the words "liberal mindset" or "conservative mindset" (notice I specifically did not use the commonly associated political parties), then what common language terms should we use to describe the way a group of people think politically?

Part of the problem we've all be discussing is the shift further towards the extreme left (or commonly accepted "side defined as Liberal").  If it were merely the usual smatterings of "extremism" here and there, we wouldn't even be bothered to discuss it.  It's the fact that the "extremism" is gaining momentum, it's not just the media or leaders spouting the typical eye roll worthy nonsense - it's a belief system that is taking hold among the population in a way that is truly beginning to threaten the  basic rights afforded by the US Constitution.  I'm seeing (as have others in the forum) a complete lack of tolerance for dissent from my friends who subscribe to what they would call "a liberal political mindset".  Yes, some are saying "wow, if the Democratic party continues to go into the extreme, I'm leaving it" and others have said "the Democrats have gone too far into the extreme as a party and I'm leaving it" but there are still a significant number who are spewing forth such rage and hate, happy about the violence, happy about the shredding of basic constitutional rights, AND refuse to allow any disagreement or discussion.

Are we not allowed to discuss it when it's not "a few extremists" but rather "a rapidly growing portion of our general population"?  I'm not sorry - I won't minimize the threat to the US Constitution that is growing.  

"and there was no one left when they came for me" will not be said of me.  I will speak.  I will actively engage.  I will uphold my oath.

35 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

The worship of trump is so ridiculous that's its beyond liberal and conservative, because he is neither. 

Just an arrogant non-selfmade billionaire that wants to pad his ego and pockets. 

Who knows. 

as was asked of Pog Mo - would you please provide something - a link or two - anything to support your statement?  

If you can show me examples of this worship, perhaps I'd be able to see it better.  If it is merely your opinion that Trump supporters worship him, okay that's cool too, you're entitled to that opinion.  It remains just that though - an opinion, not a fact.

Discourse between multiple viewpoints is critical to the success of our nation.  The balance between multiple views is the only thing that will truly keep us on course.  Reason and logic must govern the debates, because as well they should, these issues stir the emotions of those involved deeply.  We cannot simply surrender ourselves to heat of our emotions or we will get nowhere.  

aristotle1-2x.jpg

4 hours ago, OptimusSpice said:

as was asked of Pog Mo - would you please provide something - a link or two - anything to support your statement?  

If you can show me examples of this worship, perhaps I'd be able to see it better.  If it is merely your opinion that Trump supporters worship him, okay that's cool too, you're entitled to that opinion.  It remains just that though - an opinion, not a fact.

You won't get what we are asking for, based on past experience. 

I feel much the same way as you about Trump.  No matter what, I want to see him succeed for the sake of our country.  I was shocked when he announced his bid for president; thought it was a joke at first.  But considering the alternative,  I'm very glad he won.  I think Hillary would have continued the damage that started under Obama.   Thankfully, the tides are a-turnin'.

Some people don't seem to grasp the concept that wishing Trump to fail is much like wishing the pilots of your plane to die at altitude.  Doesn't make sense to me.

11 hours ago, Boiler said:

I certainly feel for Don Lemon, he was hit hard by the election and is suffering big time, hopefully CNN Health Insurance is sufficiently comprehensive that he can get proper treatment.

Several of my minority (actual majority at work)  friends at work, were up in arms at about it at work. One particular guy, no one likes made reference to it in the meeting, in an I am high and stupid kind of way. Another black co-worker, who is like a brother to me and we can talk about anything, explained to me it was embarrassing for black people. I asked him why they should be embarrassing just because they had  the same skin tone?  I explained I was not embarrassed for my race when Trump tweeted something stupid.

5 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Who knows. 

I dont care if he is a two headed monkey in a circus side show. Isis is all but gone, NK is not firing Missiles over Japan, we have a much improved Nafta deal, Unemployment is a record low, wages are up, the Stock market is up dramatically since he took office,  Due to tax cuts business are investing and Tax revenue is at an all time high,  consumer confidence is through the roof,  Blacks have the lowest unemployment ever . I could go on and on but you get the point. 

23 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

I dont care if he is a two headed monkey in a circus side show. Isis is all but gone, NK is not firing Missiles over Japan, we have a much improved Nafta deal, Unemployment is a record low, wages are up, the Stock market is up dramatically since he took office,  Due to tax cuts business are investing and Tax revenue is at an all time high,  consumer confidence is through the roof,  Blacks have the lowest unemployment ever . I could go on and on but you get the point. 

All thanks to Obama.  Or so my liberal friends tell me.

And they don't like it when I remind them Obama had eight years, and failed, whereas Trump has had more than one year.