The Nature  Boy

Kanye West defends his support for Trump: 'Liberals can't bully me'

55 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

Who said it wasn't acceptable, and who is the voice of the left? Did I miss a vote? 

look all around you. As far as voices of the left , you are pretty much the designated survivor. So yes you are the voice of the left 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

look all around you. As far as voices of the left , you are pretty much the designated survivor. So yes you are the voice of the left 

True, right leaning folks don't like opposing opinions. Deep down they know their political ideology is doomed, but must keep with the program, less they face the painful reality.

Hopefully the boomers will soon loose their lock on political power, even if they think they can lock out reform with their take over of the supreme Court. 

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

12 minutes ago, Póg mo said:

True, right leaning folks don't like opposing opinions. Deep down they know their political ideology is doomed, but must keep with the program, less they face the painful reality.

Hopefully the boomers will soon loose their lock on political power, even if they think they can lock out reform with their take over of the supreme Court. 

You are right, we don't like opposing opinions, but amazingly we can tolerate them without a spastic outlash, wearing of foolish hats, harassing opposition in public. Maybe that's been out greatest mistake, being the silent majority. It's been seen as acceptance, weakness and not caring rather than quiet strength.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/herschel-walker-calls-for-cnn-to-fire-don-lemon-over-racist-kanye-west-criticism

Herschel Walker calls for CNN to fire Don Lemon over ‘racist’ Kanye West criticism

On 9/20/2018 at 1:14 PM, Póg mo said:

Kanye West while talented, is a little bit crazy. Bless his heart.

Kanye was talented from the underground to his graduation album.. ever since then he's been really sub par. 

You can't be rich AND make hip hop. 

Edited by Keith & Arileidi

6 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Kanye was talented from the underground to his graduation album.. ever since then he's been really sub par. 

You can't be rich AND make hip hop. 

I know Pac is dead, but he was rich and made hip hop. How about Puff and Jay-Z

1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

I know Pac is dead, but he was rich and made hip hop. How about Puff and Jay-Z

Pac and big had really short careers back in the 90s. When industry was wayyy different and involved way less money. 

they were starting to become pretty commerical compared to their early years. 

Jay z has been biting other rappers for years, so arguably he's never really embraces hip hop at its core. While P Diddy, doesn't even get talked about in authentic hip hop circles because he's just a below average producer. 

Jay z and Diddy profited off the culture the most but you shouldn't confuse artistic craft with business. 

9 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Pac and big had really short careers back in the 90s. When industry was wayyy different and involved way less money. 

they were starting to become pretty commerical compared to their early years. 

Jay z has been biting other rappers for years, so arguably he's never really embraces hip hop at its core. While P Diddy, doesn't even get talked about in authentic hip hop circles because he's just a below average producer. 

Jay z and Diddy profited off the culture the most but you shouldn't confuse artistic craft with business. 

Jayz is one of the most wealthy people in entertainment, but you are right P and JZ are both corporation business types now. Of course the 3rd leg is fixing to rot in prison. Suge got 28 

6 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

Jayz is one of the most wealthy people in entertainment, but you are right P and JZ are both corporation business types now. Of course the 3rd leg is fixing to rot in prison. Suge got 28 

Bad people deserve bad things lol. 

#karma

6 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

I've never considered either of them in terms of artistic craft, but both are great at self-promotion

I can agree with this.. 

Self promotion is where the money is at

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 10/11/2018 at 6:45 PM, Póg mo said:

Interesting, i once dated a girl that was an extreme lefty which she showed all the time, I was more reserved with my political views, but I could have and did tolerate her views.  When she found out I was right of center she broke up with me immediately.  No tolerance at all for an opposing political view.  I have a friend in Arizona that has neighbors that are hard left, any opposing political view that they hear automatically is met with hostility, no tolerance at all.  Of course these are only anecdotal, but it is amazing how much tolerance I find on the right compared to the Left.  

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
25 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Interesting, i once dated a girl that was an extreme lefty which she showed all the time, I was more reserved with my political views, but I could have and did tolerate her views.  When she found out I was right of center she broke up with me immediately.  No tolerance at all for an opposing political view.  I have a friend in Arizona that has neighbors that are hard left, any opposing political view that they hear automatically is met with hostility, no tolerance at all.  Of course these are only anecdotal, but it is amazing how much tolerance I find on the right compared to the Left.  

There are several million anecdotes out there, believe you me.

I had a friend from many years ago on FB, and he is pretty far left.  Any time we would argue, he ended up accusing me of thinking I was right, and never admitting I was wrong.  So he would delete my posts off his feed.

When I pointed out that he was doing the same thing (never conceding his political view point, never admitting a thing good about Trump), he said that was different,  because he has the correct POV.

The liberal mindset seems to have devolved into such delusional narcissism it's almost scary. Gaslighting and twisting everything, unable to even entertain the idea that they might be wrong. It's like the cheater who deflects and turns being confronted into an attack on the one confronting them. When the logic and evidence is clear, they have to pull in unrelated issues to muddy the conversation and they get progressively more agitated and even violent, pulling out made up situations created in their own head "because their instinct tells them it's true" so it must be fact! The entire time acting as if they are the victim. It's impossible to reason with a narcissist. They want the freedom to do what ever they want, but they don't want to be held accountable or face the consequences of those choices. 

I ensure that I have a diverse social group because just like anyone, if all I ever hear is agreement with my pov, then I don't learn, I don't grow as a person, and I can fall into a more closed mindset. I encourage others to present different opinions.  I'm more than willing to say that I hadn't thought about it that way, or I didn't know that. I was wrong. Etc. Etc. I'm more interested in WHAT is right not WHO is right. The problem I have been seeing, is that the discussion is not staying in the realm of reason and logic. The countering arguments are not backed with fact. I'm not going to aquiesce to illogical, emotionally based arguments.  "Because I don't like him!" is not grounds for impeachment.  "Because I don't like Trump" is not grounds for automatically disqualifying his appointments/nominees.  "Because I don't agree with you" doesn't mean you can censor my first amendment right to speak.

I'm not party affiliated, but I do find that the liberal mindset is moving further away from valid rational arguments and becoming increasingly more emotionally based. I find the conservative mindset to be more willing retain reason. There will always be outliers in both extremes. But the rate at which I see the Democratic party moving as a whole into the extreme is disturbing. I have hope though. Because even among the liberally minded people I know, as many as are going off the rails, are those who are jumping off that ship. I'm grateful for our constitution. It was written for times such as these. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I certainly feel for Don Lemon, he was hit hard by the election and is suffering big time, hopefully CNN Health Insurance is sufficiently comprehensive that he can get proper treatment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”