NowAndThen

Medical before Embassy Letter

17 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

On the CEAC site, my application is "ready" (updated last week). I know this means I should expect some sort of letter from the embassy (London) physically posted to me (?)

We had previously received an email letter from the NVC informing us of our case number and that the application was being sent to the embassy (now of course received at the embassy).

Is it safe to now go ahead and complete the DS-160, arrange and attend the medical, and arrange the embassy interview even though I haven't received a physical letter from the embassy yet, or should I wait until I receive that letter before planning anything?

Best wishes to everyone in the same boat. 

24 minutes ago, NowAndThen said:

Hi everyone,

On the CEAC site, my application is "ready" (updated last week). I know this means I should expect some sort of letter from the embassy (London) physically posted to me (?)

We had previously received an email letter from the NVC informing us of our case number and that the application was being sent to the embassy (now of course received at the embassy).

Is it safe to now go ahead and complete the DS-160, arrange and attend the medical, and arrange the embassy interview even though I haven't received a physical letter from the embassy yet, or should I wait until I receive that letter before planning anything?

You should be safe to go ahead to complete the DS160 and arrange your medical and interview ( medical first allow 7-10 days for interview after) interviews at London currently have about a 6-8 week wait for an available slot.

Edited by AmandaandChayne

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
23 minutes ago, NowAndThen said:

Hi everyone,

You can use the letter from NVC as @AmandaandChayne said. I believe medical in UK also needs the police certification so don't forget that. 

1 minute ago, Naes said:

You can use the letter from NVC as @AmandaandChayne said. I believe medical in UK also needs the police certification so don't forget that. 

You need originals and photocopies of the following:

Unexpired passport valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry into the United States;

Two color photographs which meet Department of State specifications. These photographs must be full-face and taken within the last six (6) months.

Birth Certificate: Obtain the original, or certified copy (provided by the issuing authority), of the birth record of each family member (yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under the age of 21, even if they are not immigrating with you.  If the children are deceased, so state giving year of death). Note:  We will not accept the short form version of a UK birth certificate.  The certificate must list both parents’ names;

If your birth certificate is unavailable you should obtain a certified statement from the appropriate government authority stating the reason why the record is not available. With the certified statement you must obtain secondary evidence. For example:

• An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant’s mother, stating the date and place of birth, both parent’s names, and the mother’s maiden name.
  • An adoption decree for an adopted child; or
  • A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth and both parent’s names providing the baptism took place shortly after birth.

If applicable, obtain the original or a certified copy of your adoption certificate. The certificate must show date and place of adoption, along with the names of the adoptive parents. This certificate must be issued by a public authority and show that a public record exists of the adoption.

If you have resided in the United Kingdom for 6 months or more since the age of 16, you are required to obtain a police certificate from the ACPO Criminal Records Office (ACRO).  Further information is available from their website at www.acro.police.uk.

Note: UK police certificates are valid for 12 months only.  Failure to present all necessary and valid police certificates at the time of the interview will incur significant delays to your application.

If you use a different name from the one shown on the birth certificate, you must produce a document explaining the use of such a name. Evidence includes, but is not limited to baptismal certificate/record, a deed poll and/or school records showing early use of name;

If you have previously been married you should be prepared to submit evidence of the termination of the marriage (i.e. divorce decree or death certificate).

Required for all countries where you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16 and any country where you have been arrested, even if you were not resident there.  U.S. police certificates are not required.  Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable or are obtained directly by this office.  Fingerprints are required for certain countries. A list of UK police stations who can provide fingerprinting services is available from the Embassy website, here. (PDF – 337kb) Foreign police certificates are valid indefinitely, unless you have returned to reside in that country or has been arrested since the issuance of the certificate;

If you have been been convicted of a crime you must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that you may have subsequently benefited from an amnesty, pardon or other act of clemency or the United Kingdom Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.

Court records should include: Complete information regarding the circumstance surrounding the crime of which you were convicted and the disposition of the case, including sentence or other penalty or fine imposed;

If you have served in the military forces of any country you must obtain your military record.  On the day of the visa interview you will be required to furnish either your discharge papers or evidence of terminal leave from the forces.

Note: Military records from certain countries are unavailable. For further information, please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit.

K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form.  However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set for that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer.

All documents not in English must be accompanied by an official, certified translation in English. The translator must provide  a signed statement confirming that the translation is accurate.  Only one copy is needed. The translation does not need to be notarized.

Note: Applicants are also required to bring the original document, in the original language.

Petition Affirmation Letter (if applicable)

Visa fee K visa applicants – $ 265.00

event.png

Oh and don't forget to print the confirmation when you've submitted your DS160 you'll need that.

event.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, AmandaandChayne said:

You need originals and photocopies of the following:

Unexpired passport valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry into the United States;

Two color photographs which meet Department of State specifications. These photographs must be full-face and taken within the last six (6) months.

Birth Certificate: Obtain the original, or certified copy (provided by the issuing authority), of the birth record of each family member (yourself, your spouse, and all unmarried children under the age of 21, even if they are not immigrating with you.  If the children are deceased, so state giving year of death). Note:  We will not accept the short form version of a UK birth certificate.  The certificate must list both parents’ names;

If your birth certificate is unavailable you should obtain a certified statement from the appropriate government authority stating the reason why the record is not available. With the certified statement you must obtain secondary evidence. For example:

• An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant’s mother, stating the date and place of birth, both parent’s names, and the mother’s maiden name.
  • An adoption decree for an adopted child; or
  • A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth and both parent’s names providing the baptism took place shortly after birth.

If applicable, obtain the original or a certified copy of your adoption certificate. The certificate must show date and place of adoption, along with the names of the adoptive parents. This certificate must be issued by a public authority and show that a public record exists of the adoption.

If you have resided in the United Kingdom for 6 months or more since the age of 16, you are required to obtain a police certificate from the ACPO Criminal Records Office (ACRO).  Further information is available from their website at www.acro.police.uk.

Note: UK police certificates are valid for 12 months only.  Failure to present all necessary and valid police certificates at the time of the interview will incur significant delays to your application.

If you use a different name from the one shown on the birth certificate, you must produce a document explaining the use of such a name. Evidence includes, but is not limited to baptismal certificate/record, a deed poll and/or school records showing early use of name;

If you have previously been married you should be prepared to submit evidence of the termination of the marriage (i.e. divorce decree or death certificate).

Required for all countries where you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16 and any country where you have been arrested, even if you were not resident there.  U.S. police certificates are not required.  Police certificates from certain countries are unavailable or are obtained directly by this office.  Fingerprints are required for certain countries. A list of UK police stations who can provide fingerprinting services is available from the Embassy website, here. (PDF – 337kb) Foreign police certificates are valid indefinitely, unless you have returned to reside in that country or has been arrested since the issuance of the certificate;

If you have been been convicted of a crime you must obtain a certified copy of each court record and any prison record, regardless of the fact that you may have subsequently benefited from an amnesty, pardon or other act of clemency or the United Kingdom Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.

Court records should include: Complete information regarding the circumstance surrounding the crime of which you were convicted and the disposition of the case, including sentence or other penalty or fine imposed;

If you have served in the military forces of any country you must obtain your military record.  On the day of the visa interview you will be required to furnish either your discharge papers or evidence of terminal leave from the forces.

Note: Military records from certain countries are unavailable. For further information, please contact the Immigrant Visa Unit.

K and Diversity visa applicants are not required to provide an I-864 Form.  However, they must show evidence that they are not likely to become public charges while in the United States. There is no set for that this evidence must take but use of the form I-134 is an efficient way to provide this information to the Consular Officer.

All documents not in English must be accompanied by an official, certified translation in English. The translator must provide  a signed statement confirming that the translation is accurate.  Only one copy is needed. The translation does not need to be notarized.

Note: Applicants are also required to bring the original document, in the original language.

Petition Affirmation Letter (if applicable)

Visa fee K visa applicants – $ 265.00

You need all these for the medical? 

2 minutes ago, Naes said:

You need all these for the medical? 

Nope for the medical you need:

At the time you attend the medical examination, you will be required to provide the following:

• Photo identification (e.g. driving licence, passport);
  • 4 photographs which meet Department of State requirements;
  • For applicants aged 16 and over, a UK police certificate (known as an ACRO) issued within the past 6 months;
  • Vaccination records, which can be obtained from your regular healthcare provider. If you are unable to obtain your vaccination record, you should consult with the panel physician at the time of your appointment.  The vaccination chart is available here, as a PDF (187Kb);
  • Completed medical questionnaire, which can be downloaded here, as a PDF (680Kb).

sorry if I wasn't clear!!

event.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, AmandaandChayne said:

Nope for the medical you need:

At the time you attend the medical examination, you will be required to provide the following:

• Photo identification (e.g. driving licence, passport);
  • 4 photographs which meet Department of State requirements;
  • For applicants aged 16 and over, a UK police certificate (known as an ACRO) issued within the past 6 months;
  • Vaccination records, which can be obtained from your regular healthcare provider. If you are unable to obtain your vaccination record, you should consult with the panel physician at the time of your appointment.  The vaccination chart is available here, as a PDF (187Kb);
  • Completed medical questionnaire, which can be downloaded here, as a PDF (680Kb).

sorry if I wasn't clear!!

Ok wow you scared me for a second :D I was like "what happens at this medical!!?"

Just now, Naes said:

Ok wow you scared me for a second :D I was like "what happens at this medical!!?"

LMAO sorry!! in my eagerness to help the poster prepare I forgot to say you need this for medical and this for interview.

just  been adding all my belongings to "To take, to take over interim, last flight, to buy there, big to sell, little to sell, skip (rubbish)" lists and got a little contemplative, first of my contracts I'm not renewing to avoid termination fees ends on Sunday too.

event.png

Timeline
Just now, AmandaandChayne said:

LMAO sorry!! in my eagerness to help the poster prepare I forgot to say you need this for medical and this for interview.

just  been adding all my belongings to "To take, to take over interim, last flight, to buy there, big to sell, little to sell, skip (rubbish)" lists and got a little contemplative, first of my contracts I'm not renewing to avoid termination fees ends on Sunday too.

I've slept in my newly wed friend's guest room for a good 3 months :D Oh good times.

Just now, Naes said:

I've slept in my newly wed friend's guest room for a good 3 months :D Oh good times.

Oh my days rather you than me!!! pop in to the April thread and say hi, we don't know if we are twitchy or pessimistic or optimistic one day to the next, my estimates have gone a couple of months out now.

event.png

Timeline

Oh my days rather you than me!!! pop in to the April thread and say hi, we don't know if we are twitchy or pessimistic or optimistic one day to the next, my estimates have gone a couple of months out now.

Let me check how things are processing recently before making any assumptions, but from what I see; even though they are still taking long, there is a better balance and a good average. I wouldn't be surprise to see April starting in 2-3 weeks.

Just now, Naes said:

Let me check how things are processing recently before making any assumptions, but from what I see; even though they are still taking long, there is a better balance and a good average. I wouldn't be surprise to see April starting in 2-3 weeks.

I agree, thing is with an NOA1 date of 25th they seem to have got to about 18-20th of each month then moved to the next month over the last few so erring on the side of pessimism to stop myself doing my fiancés head in when our projected date passes :lol:

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved the UK Regional forum, from K1 P&P - As the Medical differs from Country to Country.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I agree, thing is with an NOA1 date of 25th they seem to have got to about 18-20th of each month then moved to the next month over the last few so erring on the side of pessimism to stop myself doing my fiancés head in when our projected date passes :lol:

Moving on to the next month is not a bad thing. I like it when they moved on to the next month then stuck with the previous one. I do think they move faster on you when they are on your month and the next one.

However, let'S move this to April topic later as we are accidentally hijacking the topic :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.