Jenn!

Consular Denials

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I just wanted to make sure that nobody from ME/NA misses this thread from the K1 forum. It's an article by attorney Ellis regarding consular denials...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...wtopic=6769&hl=

Great link Jenn!! thx

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Noura - thanks for the FYI, I'm gonna do that tonite when I get home. I'm sure the history is on bcz I didn't even know I had one so there was no way I could turn it off :dance:

I totally hear what your saying about the divorce thing. What happened to you and me is completely human! But how do you even explain that to someone that won't even listen?

There was another piece of interersting info in that link about the burden that falls on the falls on the counselor to deny a case. It was saying that if the case gets approved in the US with the evidence submitted, they can't deny the case and or should not put it on AR unless they find some evidence that was not originally presented.

Is that a good think? I'm thinking it is...???

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello

I really dont see what the big deal is USC divorce all the time They divorce on a monday and get remarried on a tuesday

I was reading a post eailer today and the guy was flying overseas and he was waiting on his divorce papers before he leaves so he can get married overthere and he said that if they did not before he left he was going to have them sent to him but he going to stay there 2 months and get married

so people do that all the time i would not even worry about it

dont stress over it

Timeline

It's really common here for sure, but over there it's not. I'm not sure why they would consider it a "red flag" but thats why I am freaking out. I never thought it was a red flag before. I would have never even thought knowing his family was a red flag!

I could be overreacting (I do that alot), but its so hard being in limbo. I know my wait can't compare to what others have gone through, but its still hard. I wish I could just jump on a plane and go see him, but it's so much more complicated for me and I can't do that. :crying: Even if I do go, I'd be forced to spend time with my family there and have really strict rules about seeing him. :crying: For me, it's a no win situation.

It's probebly just one of those weeks for me. :lol: Somedays, you are fine and somedays it really gets to you. THis is has been one of the more difficult weeks for me.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Port...I am ever so comforted with my Skinny Cow ice cream :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Now isn't that a joke! Who ever got skinny eating ice cream? If that would work I'd be eating gallons of it!

I'm sorry you're having a depressed day Princess. All I know to do in a situation like this is to try to make someone laugh. So here goes.

Tonight I was looking through my sons Senior Memory Book, that he had to prepare for his senior English class. On the last page he has a picture looking down at his sneakers, with the caption:

Don't dog someone till you've walked a mile in his shoes;

That way, when you've dogged him, he's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

None of us can truly know how any of the others feel, since we aren't living their life. All we can do is try to compare what we've been through to what they're going through and try to empathize. The only positive thing I can draw out of this waiting is that it gives you a reference to compare to from your own life when you are trying to be there for someone else going through a similar experience.

I hope your tomorrow is brighter. (F)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It's really common here for sure, but over there it's not. I'm not sure why they would consider it a "red flag" but thats why I am freaking out. I never thought it was a red flag before. I would have never even thought knowing his family was a red flag!

I could be overreacting (I do that alot), but its so hard being in limbo. I know my wait can't compare to what others have gone through, but its still hard. I wish I could just jump on a plane and go see him, but it's so much more complicated for me and I can't do that. :crying: Even if I do go, I'd be forced to spend time with my family there and have really strict rules about seeing him. :crying: For me, it's a no win situation.

It's probebly just one of those weeks for me. :lol: Somedays, you are fine and somedays it really gets to you. THis is has been one of the more difficult weeks for me.

Exactly...it IS common here...and if we are the ones that are getting divorced and re-marrying, then why are we being judged by the standards of the beneficiary country? One other thing that really bothers me is the long time between visits. This is not Europe, this is the US! We have a limited amount of vacation each year. I get 3 weeks a year, so I take those 3 weeks to be with my husband. Since my vacation is accrued it means that I won't be able to do it again for at least another year. So how can we be judged on that one as well? Afterall, if we take longer we lose our jobs. If we lose our jobs then we don't qualify for the Affidavit of Support. What do they want from us??

<venting again...sorry>

:lol:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

LOL@Liz....skinny cow ice cream is actually quite good...100 calories, 2 grams of fat...satisfies that darn sweet tooth when it comes around. I agree the name of it is funny.

Morocco4ever...the worst part is not that we are being judged by our beneficiary's country...we are being judged by our own. It's the US embassy that conducts these interviews and they should be aware of the divorce rate in the US. It's a double edged sword all the way!

My parents immigrated here in the 70's, start to finish, green cards in hand, 3 months! In any case, we are at their mercy and really nothing we can do but be prepared :crying:

I've got accrued vacation ready to go, no financial problem either. But can I go? NO.... :crying::crying::crying: I wish I could hop on a plane like some of you gals here have done...

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

JP, just fyi, you *can* print a phone record from Skype that reflects the duration, date, and time of your calls as long as the *history* is on, which it should be unless you turn it off manually. At least it's something...

And yes, I hear ya on the divorce thing. Different scenario, but I, too, met Said only 6 weeks after my divorce was final. I had been separated for 7 months, but my marriage was over long before we even separated. How does one explain to a CO if necessary? :blink: Also, he had been separated for almost 3 yrs, but divorce wasn't final until few months ago b/c he missed the court dates due to work early on, then just never rescheduled it until he realized he'd *have* to have it for our papers and marriage. #######????

Noura

Noura,

I would not worry too much about the divorce thing. I had been separated for 6 years but had not filed for divorce (my ex kept me on health insurance). I didn't file for the actual divorce until one month before going to Morocco, and the divorce was not final until AFTER my trip. I included a short explanation attached to the divorce decree that I had been separated six years and Abderrafie and my desire to marry him were my motivation to actually finally file for divorce. No questions were ever asked.

Rebecca

Edited by rhouni

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for the link Jenn!

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.