Jenn!

Consular Denials

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I just wanted to make sure that nobody from ME/NA misses this thread from the K1 forum. It's an article by attorney Ellis regarding consular denials...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...wtopic=6769&hl=

Timeline

Thanks Jenn...I read it yesterday and it is very informative...my only cocern was the experiation of the petition after 4 months...maybe I have to re read it but I got the impression that even approved petition in the post interview stage may lose their validity if the consular offices do not apply the extension...did I got that wrong? What do you think or any one else who would like to comment...Thanks for sharing..

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Other Timeline
Thanks Jenn...I read it yesterday and it is very informative...my only cocern was the experiation of the petition after 4 months...maybe I have to re read it but I got the impression that even approved petition in the post interview stage may lose their validity if the consular offices do not apply the extension...did I got that wrong? What do you think or any one else who would like to comment...Thanks for sharing..

Extremely informative site - I'm so glad we're beyond that process. I have to say I was worried about that 4-month expiration as well. Our k1 petition expired 10/27/05, but husband (fiance at the time) interviewd 10/11/05, and put on AR. I immediately emailed casa with my concern that the case would expire, they said it wouldn't since the officer automatically extends the case, but I would as a rule, email them anyway. Nothing is automatic in casa. My husband got his visa 1 day before expiration ont he the 26th.

interesting...

Timeline

thanks for sharing Prena, but another question pops into my mind on the same subject ..How do you count the 4 month period? Is it since the date of original submission or the date on the NOA2 (approval notice)? I will be e-mailing Casabalanca today just to remaind them of our existance......

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Timeline

Thanks Jenn...After reading that article yesterday I realized that it is so important to keep track of all the small details as it may backfire at any time...and with Casabalnca being one of the problematic places one must be prepared for the worse...

Citizenship (N-400)

DONE!!!

Thanks so much for the link, Jenn, I had missed it...

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Thanks so much for the link, Jenn, I had missed it...

Sharon

How did biometrics go today? What all do they do? Just fingerprints or more?

We got there, she looked at his passport and the paper they had sent, then they gave him a number. When they called that number, he waited in a separate part of the waiting room for about another 10 minutes. Then they brought him back to apparently yet ANOTHER waiting room (they seem to be using the Disneyland strategy of not letting you know how many people are in front of you!) Majid said they just looked at his papers, had him do digital fingerprints of each of his fingers, then took a photo and that was it. We were in and out in about an hour, so it wasn't so bad.

He was all worried they'd be asking him questions, but it was very straightforward. I hope you get your appointment soon, Liz!

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:crying::crying::crying:[b] OK IM OFFICIALLY FREAKING OUT![/b] :crying::crying::crying:

I read this in the article:

On the petitioner’s side, here is a brief and, by no means, complete list of reasons I have seen used to justify the return of family-based IV petitions and K petitions to DHS.

1. A very brief courtship followed by a plunge into matrimony;

2. A marriage ceremony arranged only a short time after petitioner arrives in the beneficiary’s country and they meet for the first time;

3. No common language;

4. Petitioner resides with family members of the beneficiary in the US;

5. Petitioner is employed by or has a business relationship with a relative of beneficiary;

6. Petitioner submits phone records that show he uses a residential phone number that is listed in the name of another person.

7. US divorce followed very quickly by an engagement to foreign beneficiary is often a red flag for consular officers.

8. There is little or no documentary evidence of the relationship prior to the actual engagement.

9. Long gaps of time between the petitioner & beneficiary being together in person.

10. Failure to disclose previous marriages;

11. Failure to disclose previous petitions filed on behalf of other beneficiaries.

Well to be exact, I got engaed exactly 4 months after my divorce was FINAL. I met him right after I left my ex, and NO I did not leave my ex for him.

I only went to Jordan once, and that's the only time I can go. In my case, I can't travel alone. My family would have to come becuase of our traditions.

They keep mentioning ties in the US to the benifiary. Well I don't live with them, and I don't work for them, and I'm certainly not using their phone. BUT...in my letter of intent to marry him and his letter of intent to marry me. We stated that we were friends at first and we began to trust each other more when we found out there was a comman marriage in our family. At the time we met, we found out that my cousin was engaged to his cousin. The way we met was a total fluke! Are they gonna hold this against me???? :help:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

That's awesome Sharon. I'm not holding my breath for the appointment here any time soon. I wish we'd get it though. I finally had my promotion review today and after my boss went through heck & high water to get me promoted 2 levels to where I should be, HR kicked it back a level and took 2/3 of the pay raise away. He was really upset when he told me but there's nothing he can do now. He can give me the other level in about 6 months, but I don't expect it for at least another year - this promotion took him over 5 years of promising to finally get for me. Poor Abdel wants to work and help so bad it isn't funny. We're not hurting, but we had really hoped to be able to continue our renovations while he wasn't working, and now we won't be able to do much more for a while.

Ok, back to topic. This was an awesome article. I'm going to make sure my friend sees it when she gets back from Morocco next week. She needs to be sure her attorney sees it too.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:crying::crying::crying:[b] OK IM OFFICIALLY FREAKING OUT![/b] :crying::crying::crying:

I read this in the article:

On the petitioner’s side, here is a brief and, by no means, complete list of reasons I have seen used to justify the return of family-based IV petitions and K petitions to DHS.

1. A very brief courtship followed by a plunge into matrimony;

2. A marriage ceremony arranged only a short time after petitioner arrives in the beneficiary’s country and they meet for the first time;

3. No common language;

4. Petitioner resides with family members of the beneficiary in the US;

5. Petitioner is employed by or has a business relationship with a relative of beneficiary;

6. Petitioner submits phone records that show he uses a residential phone number that is listed in the name of another person.

7. US divorce followed very quickly by an engagement to foreign beneficiary is often a red flag for consular officers.

8. There is little or no documentary evidence of the relationship prior to the actual engagement.

9. Long gaps of time between the petitioner & beneficiary being together in person.

10. Failure to disclose previous marriages;

11. Failure to disclose previous petitions filed on behalf of other beneficiaries.

Well to be exact, I got engaed exactly 4 months after my divorce was FINAL. I met him right after I left my ex, and NO I did not leave my ex for him.

I only went to Jordan once, and that's the only time I can go. In my case, I can't travel alone. My family would have to come becuase of our traditions.

They keep mentioning ties in the US to the benifiary. Well I don't live with them, and I don't work for them, and I'm certainly not using their phone. BUT...in my letter of intent to marry him and his letter of intent to marry me. We stated that we were friends at first and we began to trust each other more when we found out there was a comman marriage in our family. At the time we met, we found out that my cousin was engaged to his cousin. The way we met was a total fluke! Are they gonna hold this against me???? :help:

This important part is you did disclosed this at the time of application. So when your application is approved and fianlly sent to the consulate for interview you should be completely protected against any revocation due to this information. Try to Relax. It's the truth of your relationship...you can't describe it any other way.

As for me, I have a red flag I wasn't even aware of. I left a 6 year marriage before I met Farid. Was filing for the divorce before we met. But the divorce didn't finalize till Novemeber and October was when I first went to Morocco to meet my love in person. I went back again in January to marrry. So our courtship to marriage is very short as well. 2 RED Flags!! LOL But really it's in God's hands.

I-130 for CR-1

CSC

01/31/06 :: I-130 mailed

03/01/06 :: NOA1

05/09/06 :: NOA2

NVC

05/31/06 :: NVC case # assigned

06/12/06 :: AOS bill & DS-3032 generated

06/14/06 :: Emailed Choice of Agent

06/16/06 :: Email from NVC saying Choice of Agent accepted

06/19/06 :: IV Bill Generated

06/23/06 :: AOS Bill recieved

06/24/06 :: AOS Bill returned to NVC

06/26/06 :: IV bill recieved

06/27/06 :: IV Bill returned to NVC (NVC accepts 07/12/06)

07/15/06 :: I-864 Recieved (NVC didn't report it was generated)

07/17/06 :: I-864 Returned to NVC

07/17/06 :: DS-230 Generated

07/00/06 :: DS-230 Recieved (I was away in Morocco to visit my Love)

07/29/06 :: DS-230 Returned to NVC (NVC accepts 07/31/06)

09/05/06 :: RFE Generated (Mailed 09/09/06)

09/11/06 :: RFE Recieved (reqested a copy of biographical page of passport, I sent this with the DS-230))

09/12/06 :: RFE Returned (sent them what they asked for..for the second time!)

10/05/06 :: Case Complete

I-129F for K-3

03/02/06 :: I-129F Mailed

03/09/06 :: NOA1 (recieved 03/15/06)

03/21/06 :: Touched USCIS Recieved I-129 says 60-90 days for processing

07/03/06 :: RFE IMBRA Recieved

07/04/06 :: RFE IMBRA Returned (I did not send the second one)

08/07/06 :: NOA2 Approved

08/15/06 :: Petition sent to Casablanca & Case # assigned

09/01/06 :: Packet 3 Arrives INTERVIEW DATE SEPTEMBER 22nd!!

09/22/06 :: Successful Interview!! WOO HOO

10/12/06 :: Visa IN Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

The evidence is exactly what I am worried about! I mean when we met, I never anticipated we would be getting engaged, it just transpired. I never saved e-mails from the early part of our relationship. We have a few, but not many. I mean there were no language barriers for us so we spoke on Skype most of the time, which ofcourse there are no phone records.

Now I'm wondering, with my divorce, and knowing his family here, maybe they will think his family put me up to this! The whole thing of his family and my family having a connection was what I thought our strongest point. No offense to anyone here, but I would have never trusted him if it was not for that.

Seriously, I had just gotten out of a very bad relationship and was not looking for anything at all. But what do you do when your soulmate falls into your lap? I'm seriously freaking out here...4 months no answer for the CSC...still has to go to Jordan which is gonna take forever too!

His aunt is flying to Jordan in June and I want to make a binder for him full of all the documemts he will have to take to the embassy for the interview so that he doesn't forget anything. Can any of you give me some reccomendations of what else I should include besides e-mails, photos, phone records. :help::help::help:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

JP, just fyi, you *can* print a phone record from Skype that reflects the duration, date, and time of your calls as long as the *history* is on, which it should be unless you turn it off manually. At least it's something...

And yes, I hear ya on the divorce thing. Different scenario, but I, too, met Said only 6 weeks after my divorce was final. I had been separated for 7 months, but my marriage was over long before we even separated. How does one explain to a CO if necessary? :blink: Also, he had been separated for almost 3 yrs, but divorce wasn't final until few months ago b/c he missed the court dates due to work early on, then just never rescheduled it until he realized he'd *have* to have it for our papers and marriage. #######????

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.