midwinterrose

​🇨🇷​Pura Vida​🇨🇷​ Costa Rica Filers

240 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, oflyingbunnyo said:

Hello hello hello! 

I just got recently approved today at my interview and I couldn't be any happier 😊!

I was just wondering if you guys could give me some insights into when you received your visas as me and my fiance have some plans and we would like to know around when should we expect to receive them, they told me in the interview that they'd give me the visa around 10 business days but have you guys got it any sooner? 

Thank you in advance! 

I had my interview in May and by the next Day it was changed to “issued” and it only took 3 days to receive it! We had a very quick turn around 

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!! We hope you are doing great. We are on the AOS Interview part of the process. The Interview notice talks about how I have to bring my CR Birth Certificate to the interview. As you all know CR birth certificates expire after 3 months. Also, you know how the last original copy of the Certificate is kept by the consulate in CR. Did any of you have problems presenting just a copy of it? 

On 11/25/2019 at 1:56 PM, Luis P said:

Hi everyone!! We hope you are doing great. We are on the AOS Interview part of the process. The Interview notice talks about how I have to bring my CR Birth Certificate to the interview. As you all know CR birth certificates expire after 3 months. Also, you know how the last original copy of the Certificate is kept by the consulate in CR. Did any of you have problems presenting just a copy of it? 

Hello! I haven't found anything about the CR birth certificate expiring? I've just re-read through my husband's certificate/apostille and don't see anything about that. The police record is the one I've found to expire after 3 months.

Have you gotten the police record yet? My husband got one from his local Registro Judicial (San Carlos) not from San Jose. We're consulting with a lawyer who says we need one specifically for tramites internacionales from San Jose. 

24 minutes ago, Luis P said:

Hi! Yes, he needs to go to the San José Supreme Court building and get it there, it comes with a couple more official signatures and it says that it is meant for tramites internacionales. The document takes 48 hours to be ready. He can request it online and then show up with an ID to pick it up.- 

Thank you so much! One more question - did you get the police record apostilled? We're submitting to the NVC and there seems to be conflicting information.

Wishing you the best with the interview!

• 1 month later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi there @ALL

Does anybody here have gone through the interview process under an F1(Adult son of US Citizen) visa category? 

Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
13 hours ago, tonyzg97 said:

Hi there @ALL

Does anybody here have gone through the interview process under an F1(Adult son of US Citizen) visa category? 

Thanks!

I completed the process almost 1 yr ago (April, 2019) under an F2B (adult son of permanent resident) The interview went pretty smoothly, lasted like 5min.  They just asked basic questions, jobs we both held in the US? How long we had been employed for? Etc They allowed the petitioner (my mother) to be at the interview as well, which was nice. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Dprz22 said:

I completed the process almost 1 yr ago (April, 2019) under an F2B (adult son of permanent resident) The interview went pretty smoothly, lasted like 5min.  They just asked basic questions, jobs we both held in the US? How long we had been employed for? Etc They allowed the petitioner (my mother) to be at the interview as well, which was nice. 

Awesome! Thanks for your prompt response! Today I got my IL so my interview will be Feb 24th, did not know parents could come in, probably will have Dad come down to see if he is able to get in.. Thanks again for your answer if something else pops up I will ping you for feedback!

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi! We are currently filling the I-129f and we have a question! 

How should we write addresses? Should they be in english or spanish? 

In the letter of intent they say to put the address of the US Embassy in CR but I can’t find their address in english only in spanish even though their whole page is in english which is what makes me even more confused.

Edited by gelali

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, gelali said:

In the letter of intent they say to put the address of the US Embassy in CR

This is a new one to me.

No salutation or address other than perhaps "To Whom It Concerns:" has ever been necessary in the letter of intent.

The reason that the embassy's address is in Spanish is because it's located in a Spanish-speaking country.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
10 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

This is a new one to me.

No salutation or address other than perhaps "To Whom It Concerns:" has ever been necessary in the letter of intent.

The reason that the embassy's address is in Spanish is because it's located in a Spanish-speaking country.

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

I am referring to where it says [embassy address]. 

Edited by gelali

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
15 minutes ago, gelali said:

https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

I am referring to where it says [embassy address]. 

Ah.  You need nothing except the date of your letter, the generic salutation, and the text of the letter (of course with your name/signature).  All the stuff above that is unnecessary.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 month later...
Timeline

If we send the K1 I-129F right now will it be processed or do we have to wait until they start opening the embassy here in CR for interviews in order for them to get our package after we get the NOA1 approved? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.