Jovanni

Questioning St. Lukes medical eval K1 Sputum test

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone after months and months of waiting noa2 petition approval collecting documents scheduling interview we are at stop due to SLEC medical 

my fiancé went for her medical last weeks ago everything looks fine they asked her to return the next day for immunizations well the next day they said she has to go for "sputum collection" apparently the X-ray was inconclusive so after the devastating news she broke down and kept questioning why or what happened overall she healthy no signs or symptoms of TB my concerns are they didn't consult with her as to what they found or show her the X-ray didn't give her a X-ray report like they do here in the states even she did request ok thats fine for whatever reason so they had her schedule to come back in 2 weeks they didn't have openings this week do a 3 day sputum collection and then wait 8 weeks for cultures to come back yeah so delays

so after feeling devastated I kept comforting her nothing is wrong you are ok we just have to follow the rules so a few days later I had her go to her private doctor to order a chest X-ray we got the report and X-ray everything is clear and normal and she did the sputum smear and nothing came back all negative just feel like st lukes is not doing things right and have the power to just do random testing I know they won't accept other results but wanted her to do that for her own piece of mind she said she couldnt do the sputum testing at st lukes because they are fully booked this week questioning again maybe they just putting everyone for sputum testing 

has anyone had similar recent experiences at st lukes luckily my fiancé lives a hour away but still hassle I can only imagine people coming from so far away and st lukes having no consideration for them I know its a process to follow and a 2 month delay hope and praying we will be together before the holidays god bless   

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Jovanni said:

Hello everyone after months and months of waiting noa2 petition approval collecting documents scheduling interview we are at stop due to SLEC medical 

my fiancé went for her medical last weeks ago everything looks fine they asked her to return the next day for immunizations well the next day they said she has to go for "sputum collection" apparently the X-ray was inconclusive so after the devastating news she broke down and kept questioning why or what happened overall she healthy no signs or symptoms of TB my concerns are they didn't consult with her as to what they found or show her the X-ray didn't give her a X-ray report like they do here in the states even she did request ok thats fine for whatever reason so they had her schedule to come back in 2 weeks they didn't have openings this week do a 3 day sputum collection and then wait 8 weeks for cultures to come back yeah so delays

so after feeling devastated I kept comforting her nothing is wrong you are ok we just have to follow the rules so a few days later I had her go to her private doctor to order a chest X-ray we got the report and X-ray everything is clear and normal and she did the sputum smear and nothing came back all negative just feel like st lukes is not doing things right and have the power to just do random testing I know they won't accept other results but wanted her to do that for her own piece of mind she said she couldnt do the sputum testing at st lukes because they are fully booked this week questioning again maybe they just putting everyone for sputum testing 

has anyone had similar recent experiences at st lukes luckily my fiancé lives a hour away but still hassle I can only imagine people coming from so far away and st lukes having no consideration for them I know its a process to follow and a 2 month delay hope and praying we will be together before the holidays god bless   

BIG waste of time going to a private doctor for X-rays, their machines are not anywhere near as good as those used by St. Luke's. 

St. Luke's follows CDC requirements.  TB kills and the Philippines is in the top 10 for TB.

Follow the process, after 3 day culture and not positive it is 60 days more for the culture..

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

10 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

BIG waste of time going to a private doctor for X-rays, their machines are not anywhere near as good as those used by St. Luke's. 

St. Luke's follows CDC requirements.  TB kills and the Philippines is in the top 10 for TB.

Follow the process, after 3 day culture and not positive it is 60 days more for the culture..

didnt feel like it was a waste of time but when your loved one feels hopeless and scare you would do anything to comfort her and reassure her everything will be ok so thats what i did 

i see top of the line machines at st lukes extension what makes them different than others she had her private doctor who works at st lukes medical center in quezon close to where she lives order a x ray at that place negative everything normal 

yeah just sticking with the process no choice 

Edited by Jovanni

3 hours ago, Jovanni said:

didnt feel like it was a waste of time but when your loved one feels hopeless and scare you would do anything to comfort her and reassure her everything will be ok so thats what i did 

i see top of the line machines at st lukes extension what makes them different than others she had her private doctor who works at st lukes medical center in quezon close to where she lives order a x ray at that place negative everything normal 

yeah just sticking with the process no choice 

Well @Hank_ is making assumption in the attempt for you to consider all expects. From his experience Hank has seen a few cases that reflect yours. I know Hank and is reply is a realistic approach do to many factors, two of which he points out; The quality of the equipment and the outcome of untreated TB. I too, support his answer to you. Sometimes our answers are some of those that people just can't wrap their arms around because they are to emotionally connected. Just human emotion and nothing wrong here. Just follow the process. Remember, "He who has the gold, gets to make the Rules" and right now SLEC has the gold.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there... Just to share my experience as I had the same situation too.. I had my Medical Feb 14, 2018 and had my Sputum test on Feb 26,27,28 was held for 2 months for the Sputum Culture... during that time, it was like 90% of all the applicants undergone Sputum test... it was like 200 applicants everyday having the Sputum test for 3 consecutive days, and I feel sorry for those who are from very far provinces, they even had to cancel their flights back home and rent apartments or stay in hotels longer (which are expensive)... anyways, that time I was so depressed because I’m a professional nurse, so working in a hospital requires me to have X- Rays every 3-6 months (both Philippines and Abroad- with much more high quality X-Ray machines) and I was always clear, but with St. Luke’s was the VERY FIRST TIME that they seen something on my lungs... and THEY WON’T accept any previous X-Rays or any proof from other hospitals or Doctors’ notes that you are cleared... They only insist on their own X-Ray readings...i even questioned the doctor but they insisted and the way they answered me was in a monotone robot like explanation as if it was a memorized script but yet there was nothing I can do so I just complied with them... and waited until April 27 and it came out Negative... Now, I’m already here in US, and had my X-Rays done just to be sure if I have something— surprisingly my X-Rays were clear and even the US Doctor was wondering about my St. Luke’s results.. 

Well anyway,just don’t feel too bad about it, you were not the only one who have the same situation, actually MOST applicants are in the same burden... just think positive about your results and be patient...everything will be ok... time flies fast anyway! Best wishes... 

Edited by lovemeow

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.