edp333

April K3 Filers

690 posts in this topic

Kim, at least you got some movement. I am very happy for you. They are not asking for much, you can send it in quickly and get your approval. Yeah! :dance:

I think edp333 is right on. Copy of passport should do, but call to ask. Also, ask if they have your previous divorce decree, if not then they lost it and you must send it again. If they have it, then maybe they want a copy of your previous marriage cert to show the name change.

Cheers and good luck

:thumbs:

Well, my friend USCIS held up to there word. I received the fax and this is what they are requesting. I can't believe our applications are being held up because of this request:

On my birth certificate is my maiden name and I had been married before to USC. Obviously we got divorced however, I continued to use my married name. The question is the I need to submit documentary evidence to establish my maiden name and ex married name is the same person ! WHAT THE HELL??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Right now I am so furious after these people have every bit of information on you!! They know more about you than what you know about yourself. All day I have been sick like a dog worrying myself on what else they would need. Also, to top it off they want photo Identifications. What kind of photo do I need for when I was a baby??? How do I proceed? Any help will greatly be appreciated..

Thanks,

Kimberely, I assumed you had already sent in a copy of your passport, but I see it is optional:

3. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship. You may use a copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS.

4. A copy of your marriage certificate (If not in English then again get a translation)

5. If either you or your spouse were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated.

I scanned my passport and sent it in with my petitions anyway. I still suggest calling the RFE line in the morning to be sure if this is the type of governmental photo ID CSC is requesting.

Even if your lawyer sent in your divorce decree, there is no gaurantee it did not get lost. Sending in a copy of both sides of your previous marriage certificate and divorce should satisfy CSC.

Good luck.

Ed

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi,

I think this FAX # deal is bogus. USCIS communicate by mail ONLY.

They don't fax like that. What is next they will call your cell phone to see how you feel?

It is a stunt by the person answering the phone to calm you down or not.

If a laywer with good experiance did your paperwork I'm sure they are all right.

Maybe I am wrong. I just do not trust those folks who answer phone because its is a different strory each time you call them and ask for status.

:blink:

Well, my friend USCIS held up to there word. I received the fax and this is what they are requesting. I can't believe our applications are being held up because of this request:

On my birth certificate is my maiden name and I had been married before to USC. Obviously we got divorced however, I continued to use my married name. The question is the I need to submit documentary evidence to establish my maiden name and ex married name is the same person ! WHAT THE HELL??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Right now I am so furious after these people have every bit of information on you!! They know more about you than what you know about yourself. All day I have been sick like a dog worrying myself on what else they would need. Also, to top it off they want photo Identifications. What kind of photo do I need for when I was a baby??? How do I proceed? Any help will greatly be appreciated..

Thanks,

Here is the response to USCIS, the Senators Office and Congressmans Office:

Hello, yesterday night I emailed you some information because I received a request from USCIS for additional information. I did not sleep last night because I am so, disgusted and disheartened with this entire process. Everyday when I wake up I think could this be the day for USCIS completing our documents to finally bring my husband and family here to the United States. But, the day begins and ends and no response for 6 months to the day of when we filed our application. I receive a request for additional information from USCIS that is my maiden name and my previous married name if I am the same person. I find this VERY OFFENDING. After we have submitted my social security number, copies of my USA Passport, copies of my divorce decree, copies of my current marriage, copies of documents translated from Spanish to English, copies of our wedding photos, copies of travel documents. What really bothers me the most in order to receive a USA passport which is Homeland Security Regulations you need to submit original birth certificate in order to obtain an USA passport. I was never questioned by Homeland Security my maiden name is XXXXXXXXX and my passport was processed with my ex married name of XXXXXXXXX. USCIS has my entire life history sitting in front of them and to question me if I am the same person after waiting six months to day is inexcusable!

When I submitted our application on April 12, 2007 we were delayed from the very beginning because of the enormous responses from HB1 Visa. USCIS did not have enough staff to keep up with the HB1 or the other applications being submitted. Which resulted for our applications to be forwarded to California for processing and I was advised because they have additional staffing to process faster.( Our I-129F NOA even states this information of processing faster. ) Our Notice of Action took 1 month before I even received it and I was told by several people it should have only taken approx. 2 weeks at most. Now, I have been told the Notice of Action form is taking 6 to 8 weeks for the applicant to receive it.

Then there was system problems in California and more delays. Then there was a talk about legalizing illegal people and USCIS stopped processing applications until they had a better understanding on how to move forward on the processing applications. However,

I wanted to make sure we had an Attorney and made sure every document and translation was exactly what was needed and sent with our applications to avoid any types of problems with the process. Nevertheless, for reasons out of control I feel we have been punished every step of the way! Also, I have seen applications being approved that were sent after our applications at California Service Center when the Notice of Actions form

States they process in the order they receive them. (Not True information!!)

Then other service centers started sending California applications and more backlogs in California Service Center. Out of all the Service Centers California is sinking with applications and I do not understand why USCIS is not recognizing the HUGE problem there? Looking over the other Service Centers for USCIS; California Service Center is behind approx 2 months to the other Service Centers to complete and approval Spousal Visa. For some reason the Spousal Visa is put behind and the K-1 for fianance and work Visa are more of a priority. I am amazed that a work visa is approved in a couple of months and then their family can come to America weeks after the approval. When we are American Citizens and we have waited for more than a half a year and you receive a request if you are the same person. When you have been born and raised in the Country and submitted more documentation and I believe USCIS knows more about me than I know about myself!

I am offended by this! I am embarrassed and disgusted that I have to speak to my family and explain because of my Country I need to give more information and MORE TIME WASTED to complete our documents because they need to know if I am the same person. My god I know I can’t change anything but, I would only hope so, from your office can make a difference for the American people that are experiencing such a nightmare process to bring there families here to the United States. I am one of there own people and its just unacceptable. I need to have some answers and clarification on this. I can’t even concentrate anymore because this has impacted my life so much for something that is very important to me. Please help my family resolve this.

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

Te amo mucho mi gran amor!!!

I-130 Application: (Filed 222 days ago) Reached 7 MONTHS

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

05/09/2007 recieved NOA I from CSC (Reached 6 MONTHS 195 days from NOA I)

05/18/2007 Filed I-129F at Chicago Office ( Filed 186 days ago) 6 MONTHS!!

05/20/2007 rec'd NOA (184 days ago for NOA I ) REACHED THE 6 MONTH MARK!!

BOTH APPLICATIONS APPROVED 11/20/2007 THANK YOU MY GOD!!

11/20/2007 Date of NOA 2 email

11/26/2007 Date of hard copy of NOA 2

12/12/07 Date NVC receives paperwork

12/14/07 K3 is sent to Lima Peru, received case number from NVC.

12/17/07 Lima Peru Embassey receives K3

01/04/08 My Honey's Medical

**** I leave today to reunite with MY HONEY!!!! ****....

01/15/08 LEAVING FOR LIMA PERU!!!

01/17/08 8:15 AM Date of Interview in Lima, Peru with my honey!

INTERVIEW WAS APPROVED!!!!

***2008 is with My Honey***********

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

They don't fax like that. What is next they will call your cell phone to see how you feel?

If a laywer with good experiance did your paperwork I'm sure they are all right.

Maybe I am wrong. I just do not trust those folks who answer phone because its is a different strory each time you call them and ask for status.

Thanks,

I would advise you as strongly as possible, not to send the response you posted here, to USCIS.

They just want documentation that shows Jane Maidenname became Jane Marriedname by marrying Bill Marriedname. You get copy of the marriage certificate showing Jane married Bill and you have it covered. If your divorce certificate from Bill Marriedname showed you as Jane Maidenname, as many do, I would have thought that would be sufficient. If not, and the divorce decree only showed married names then their is a disconnect. These people are just doing their jobs like the task oriented bureaucrats they are. Instead of poking them with a stick, just feed them what they ask for. If you can throw in a copy of picture ID's in both names that would be icing on the cake, but not required.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

I would advise you as strongly as possible, not to send the response you posted here, to USCIS.

They just want documentation that shows Jane Maidenname became Jane Marriedname by marrying Bill Marriedname. You get copy of the marriage certificate showing Jane married Bill and you have it covered. If your divorce certificate from Bill Marriedname showed you as Jane Maidenname, as many do, I would have thought that would be sufficient. If not, and the divorce decree only showed married names then their is a disconnect. These people are just doing their jobs like the task oriented bureaucrats they are. Instead of poking them with a stick, just feed them what they ask for. If you can throw in a copy of picture ID's in both names that would be icing on the cake, but not required.

My divorce decree only shows my ex married name and the previous marriage license shows my maiden name. I will make copies of the divorce decree and the previous marriage license to send to USCIS.

Kimberly

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Timeline
Kim, at least you got some movement. I am very happy for you. They are not asking for much, you can send it in quickly and get your approval. Yeah! :dance:

I think edp333 is right on. Copy of passport should do, but call to ask. Also, ask if they have your previous divorce decree, if not then they lost it and you must send it again. If they have it, then maybe they want a copy of your previous marriage cert to show the name change.

Cheers and good luck

:thumbs:

Thanks,

Kimberely, I assumed you had already sent in a copy of your passport, but I see it is optional:

3. Copy of the Birth certificate for the US Citizen (front and back) or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship. You may use a copy of your naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship issued by USCIS.

4. A copy of your marriage certificate (If not in English then again get a translation)

5. If either you or your spouse were previously married, submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated.

I scanned my passport and sent it in with my petitions anyway. I still suggest calling the RFE line in the morning to be sure if this is the type of governmental photo ID CSC is requesting.

Even if your lawyer sent in your divorce decree, there is no gaurantee it did not get lost. Sending in a copy of both sides of your previous marriage certificate and divorce should satisfy CSC.

Good luck.

Ed

Urge,

I have already sent the divorce decree, the passport, the social security number, the marriage paperwork. Its just so very frustrating these people have more information about me then anyone. Now its more time to wait to prove I am the same person. I hope people who were married before think about this before they send there documents to USCIS.

But, thank you for your support! Best of luck...

Kimberly

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

Thank you pushbk because I am so very frustrated and I really want to onload on these people. Its offensive to me to be asked if I am the same person.

Thanks for all your support and knowledge.

Kimberly

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

Thank you pushbk because I am so very frustrated and I really want to onload on these people. Its offensive to me to be asked if I am the same person.

Kimberly

Your frustration is understandable but I would think you want even more, to obtain a visa. In my opinion, this letter will not help you in that regard.

Feeding them exactly what they ask for will help you far more.

You have used three last names. Do you have a marriage certificate that shows the woman with name number one, married the man with name number two. If so, that's what they want. Just send it to them. If you have old picture ID in both names one and two, make good color copies and send those two. If you put them in the same envelope with that letter, be prepared for them to get lost for a while or forever. Other people act in anger too.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
What really bothers me the most in order to receive a USA passport which is Homeland Security Regulations you need to submit original birth certificate in order to obtain an USA passport. I was never questioned by Homeland Security my maiden name is XXXXXXXXX and my passport was processed with my ex married name of XXXXXXXXX. USCIS has my entire life history sitting in front of them and to question me if I am the same person after waiting six months to day is inexcusable!

Passports are issued by the Department of State not the Department of Homeland Security. If you had sent this response not only would the tone have been harsh your underlying arguement would also have been flawed

YMMV

Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

Kimberly

Your frustration is understandable but I would think you want even more, to obtain a visa. In my opinion, this letter will not help you in that regard.

Feeding them exactly what they ask for will help you far more.

You have used three last names. Do you have a marriage certificate that shows the woman with name number one, married the man with name number two. If so, that's what they want. Just send it to them. If you have old picture ID in both names one and two, make good color copies and send those two. If you put them in the same envelope with that letter, be prepared for them to get lost for a while or forever. Other people act in anger too.

Ok, on a brighter note I overnighted the information to CSC. They should recieve the package tomorrow and then be given to the Officer who has reviewed our applications. Once the officer reviews the paperwork the approvals is only days a way. Thank our god and thank you all my friends for your support and knowledge with this overwhelming and difficult journey!

Kimberly

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Timeline
What really bothers me the most in order to receive a USA passport which is Homeland Security Regulations you need to submit original birth certificate in order to obtain an USA passport. I was never questioned by Homeland Security my maiden name is XXXXXXXXX and my passport was processed with my ex married name of XXXXXXXXX. USCIS has my entire life history sitting in front of them and to question me if I am the same person after waiting six months to day is inexcusable!

Passports are issued by the Department of State not the Department of Homeland Security. If you had sent this response not only would the tone have been harsh your underlying arguement would also have been flawed

Only the U.S. Department of State has the authority to grant, issue or verify United States passports. The bottom line was even for U.S. Department of State; I did not get questioned about this during that process! I really don't believe the argument would have been flawed like you stated. But, thanks for your response!!!!

Edited by My Honey

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Ok, on a brighter note I overnighted the information to CSC. They should recieve the package tomorrow and then be given to the Officer who has reviewed our applications. Once the officer reviews the paperwork the approvals is only days a way. Thank our god and thank you all my friends for your support and knowledge with this overwhelming and difficult journey!

Kimberly

I hope I can say your welcome from everyone who has responded on their behalf. I would like to personally thank pushbrk for replying.

May your response time be short.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Hi,

Thanks,

My divorce decree only shows my ex married name and the previous marriage license shows my maiden name. I will make copies of the divorce decree and the previous marriage license to send to USCIS.

Kimberly

Hi, sorry about your situation, however, I agree that it is best to work with them than against them. In your divorce decree, it should say that you are choosing to return to your maiden name and when the judge rules on the final decree it should stated, if not then your legal name is still the name on your divorce decree. That's probably what they are getting at, and really you legally couldn't use your maiden name without the judge's authority. Therefore check your decree and see if you changed it, if not, you really need USCIS on your side, tell them you understand and apoligize for being so stressed but you need to be with your husband and ask them to guide you and suggest what to do. Immigration has the authority to do a name change, you have to work with them. I am sure these officers are overworked and have to listen to all of us complain (with reason) 24/7. Call them and ask them to help you clarify.

Timeline

Kimberly

I hope I can say your welcome from everyone who has responded on their behalf. I would like to personally thank pushbrk for replying.

May your response time be short.

Edp,

Between you, urge and pushbrk; I greatly appreciate your responses. Also, several others that has given me good advice with this difficult process. You all have a very good knowledge of the requirements and to me it extremely confusing. Also, when you are so very frustrated my concentration is very poor. I apologize for being so blunt at times but, my patience truely has worn thin about this entire process. But, the bottom line is CSC is calling the shots and what our goal is to bring our Spouses here and we have to provide and do whatever USCIS requires; if we like it or not.

Edited by My Honey

thumb_Picture_003.jpg

04/12/2007 Filed at VSC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

I posted this (with some variation in NOA1 dates) in one of the other threads but I would like to post it here too. Not that its a question and I am expecting any answers but I guess you could say I am just whining, ranting and venting due to longer than normal wait time at CSC. So, here it goes:

I did some K1 vs. K3 timeline search/comparison and here is what I found according to VJ timeline seach function, assuming I did my search correctly:

1) Total K1 NOA2: 25 for the dates of 09/30/07 thru 10/12/07 @ CSC.

Total K3 NOA2: 2 for the dates of 09/30/07 thru 10/12/07 @ CSC.

2) Total K1 NOA2 between 09/30 thru 10/12: 9 for the NOA1 dates 05/31/07 thru 08/01/07(June/July K1 filers @ CSC)

Total K3 NOA2 between 09/30 thru 10/12: 0 for the NOA1 dates 05/31/07 thru 08/01/07(June/July K3 filers @ CSC)

So, if I infer these data properly, CSC has already started to work/approve on June and July K1 filers whereas thru this thread I know that many/most of the April/May K3 filers at CSC are still waiting. So for the life of me, I cant understand why there is so much of discrepancy within the so-called "K" category visas. Isn't K3 is to married couples what K1 is to unmarried couples? Furthermore, USCIS doesn't even report K3 tracking publicaly anymore on their website. Does that mean they have indefinite time to adjudicate K3 petitions?

To avoid any misunderstanding, its not my intention to knock off any K1 filers. I know this is not their fault or is in their hands in anyway. As a matter of fact I am whole heartedly happy for them for their NOA2 but its just that I would like to see some progress/processing in K3 category too? Why this much of a bias towards one sub-category visa versus another?

Sorry for the rant and vent but I had to do it today. It gets little tiring and heartbreaking after seeing so much of these.

Have a nice day e'one and good luck to all who are waiting :thumbs:

I-130 Timeline

I-130 sent - 05/15/07

APPROVED: 10/30/07 (168 days)

I-129F(K3) Timeline

I-129F - sent 06/07/07

APPROVED: 10/30/07 (145 days)

NVC Received: 11/08/07

NVC Left: 11/15/07

Packet 3 mailed out by Mumbai: 11/19/07 (Haven't received it as of 12/03/07)

Packet 3 printed off US Consulate, Mumbai website and mailed back: 12/03/07

Rec'vd Visa Appointment Letter: 12/15/07

Interview Date at Mumbai: 03/05/08

K3 VISA APPROVED: 03/05/08

POE: LAX on 03/10/08; Wife was asked just a few basic questions.

AOS Timeline

AOS Packet (I-485 & I-765) mailed - 04/01/08

NOA1 (AOS & EAD) - 04/11/08

Biometrics Appt (AOS & EAD): 04/24/08. DONE!!!

EAD Card Production ordered (CRIS Update): 05/30/08 :-)

EAD Card Rec'd in the mail: 06/09/08. Thanks.

AOS Interview Scheduled for: 08/29/2008 APPROVED

GCard rec'vd: 09/09/08. Yay.... Done with USCIS until lifting conditions :-)

Thanks for the info pkewl. Did you happen to notice the total number of K1s and K3s during the same time period.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.