Mary Moore

Urgent: New police certificate requirement!!!

447 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, BananaButton5 said:

I'm still confused even after reading this entire thread. My fiance is about to go to RCMP to get the Privacy Act certificate, should I also have him get the border crossing one and just bring both to interview just to be safe?? 

Yes like SKB said, just get both! The NON CERTIFIED privacy act and the regular background check that has picture and prints etc but that is certified. Better to be safe than sorry!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 hours ago, msham said:

Yes K1. We leave Monday 15th. Bringing just one check and I know it's the wrong one since it's just name based. 

Just hoping for a lucky draw and I guess we'll mail whatever they request via courier afterwards. 

I honestly wasn't sure if the privacy act police check was going to arrive in time, so my back up plan was to just bring the other police check with me and not say anything about the privacy act one unless they asked. 

I say just give them the one you do have and not say a word! It seems like people have been getting approved with different police checks anyways!

Good luck and don't stress! 🙏

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ahoy01 said:

Hey Everyone! I finally got my police check under privacy act and it does not have my prints on the certificate. But the state department website says prints should be on it. Am i missing something?

Mine done under the Privacy Act got rejected.  The Visa Border Crossing Certificate (with the fingerprints on the form) got approved.  I submitted both to be safe and it worked.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahoy01 said:

Hey Everyone! I finally got my police check under privacy act and it does not have my prints on the certificate. But the state department website says prints should be on it. Am i missing something?

Whoever wrote the requirements on the website didn't do their homework.  The Privacy Act certificate does not have fingerprints or photo on it like the website states it should.  Most of us have or will be getting the Privacy Act as well as the Visa/Border crossing one which does have fingerprints on it.  It's a hit an miss on what they are accepting at NVC, and we still haven't heard anyone who went to the interview after Sept 10 and if there were any problems with what they want.

CR-1 Visa
Texas Service Center
Montreal, Canada Consulate
Canadian Beneficiary/US Petitioner

Married: Nov 15, 2017
NOA1/PD Date: Jan 5, 2018
I-130 Approved: July 6, 2018 (6 months wait)
NVC Received Case: July 18, 2018 (12 days wait)
Received Case Number: August 10, 2018 (23 days wait)
Paid AOS & IV Bill: August 10, 2018
Was marked "PAID" August 15, 2018 at the CEAC site. (3 business days wait)

Filled out DS-261 & Supporting Docs: Tuesday August 21 2018

Uploaded AOS Forms & Supporting Docs: Friday August 24 2018

Case Complete: September 13, 2018

Appointment Date Email: November 9, 2018

Appointment Date: December 21, 2018

Visa Approved: December 21, 2018

Picked up Visa from Post Office: December 31, 2018

Received SSN: January 4th, 2019

Received GC in Mail: March 24, 2019

I got my Privacy Act in the mail yesterday. I also have my original name search (my CC was pre- Sept 10th) and I ALSO got my fingerprints done. I'm hoping that is all sufficient. :P

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Timeline
10 minutes ago, SKB2017 said:

Whoever wrote the requirements on the website didn't do their homework.  The Privacy Act certificate does not have fingerprints or photo on it like the website states it should.  Most of us have or will be getting the Privacy Act as well as the Visa/Border crossing one which does have fingerprints on it.  It's a hit an miss on what they are accepting at NVC, and we still haven't heard anyone who went to the interview after Sept 10 and if there were any problems with what they want.

My case closed in a while back and I am waiting for interview dates. NVC accepted just the name check for me. But this was before they put out the new requirement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ahoy01 said:

My case closed in a while back and I am waiting for interview dates. NVC accepted just the name check for me. But this was before they put out the new requirement.

How is it that you guys have submitted documents early? We were told to just bring everything to interview. Is it because it's a different VISA?

Edited by msham

Timeline
1 minute ago, msham said:

How is it that you guys have submitted documents early? We were told to just bring everything to interview.

NVC requested copies of everything. I thought it was standard practice. Then you bring the originals to the interview.

35 minutes ago, msham said:

How is it that you guys have submitted documents early? We were told to just bring everything to interview. Is it because it's a different VISA?

Is your case at NVC? You'll have to update documents at some point too, as far as I know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, arellah said:

Is your case at NVC? You'll have to update documents at some point too, as far as I know.

It's at consulate now. 

Just as an update, we received police check with finger prints and picture today in the mail. Thank God. Flying out Monday for interview. I will update with whether or not it's the correct one after interview.

1 hour ago, msham said:

It's at consulate now. 

Just as an update, we received police check with finger prints and picture today in the mail. Thank God. Flying out Monday for interview. I will update with whether or not it's the correct one after interview.

Ohh gotcha! Yeah, let us know how it goes! All the best to you and good luck!

3 hours ago, msham said:

Yes - K1s don't send anything to NVC.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

21 hours ago, LLabout said:

Mine done under the Privacy Act got rejected.  The Visa Border Crossing Certificate (with the fingerprints on the form) got approved.  I submitted both to be safe and it worked.

That’s strange. When did you submit it? Surely you could have disputed it if they wouldn’t take the privacy act. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.