3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi!

i just want to ask, I already paid the Visa Fee and the AOS for my parents’. I have some questions:

-I am not working and will use my husband’s income. Which do I choose? Add a joint sponsor or add a household member? We file taxes together.

-What other documents do I need for the AOS?

-What documents do my parents needed?

-Any additional information?

Thanks! I already have the MNL number and the IV number.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, mhem said:

Hi!

i just want to ask, I already paid the Visa Fee and the AOS for my parents’. I have some questions:

-I am not working and will use my husband’s income. Which do I choose? Add a joint sponsor or add a household member? We file taxes together.

-What other documents do I need for the AOS?

-What documents do my parents needed?

-Any additional information?

Thanks! I already have the MNL number and the IV number.

Hi I was reading the instruction of AOS yesterday. Same as your situation Im not working and will use my husband income and if not enough will have another joint sponsor. You and your husband need to fill up I 864 and I 864a. You will need your tax transcript, w2 salary income all the info you need to show your income. Proof of citizenship or green card. Marriage certificate I think. The best is to check the website all the information is there. 

Did NVC give a you list of documents that needed to be send and your parents need to bring on the interview?

hope this help 😊

I30 Petition for my Mother Timeline

SVC: Texas Service Center

03/01/2018- Sent Petition to USCIS via USPS

03/05/2018- USCIS received petition PRIORITY DATE

03/08/2018- NOA1

08/31/2018- USCIS Approved Petition

09/03/2018- NOA2

09/10/2018- Case sent to NVC

09/18/2018- NVC received case

10/12/2018- received email from NVC with the case # ( CEAC processing )

10/16/2018- Paid Fees AOS and Visa Fee

10/19/2018- Submitted Documents. Civil Documents/AOS and completed DS260

10/30/2018- received email from NVC. checked my CEAC acct rejected AOS, Police Clearance and Birth Certificate

Reason: some part is cut off and not clear. Resubmitted the same day.

11/08/2018- Received an email from NVC that all the required documents are approved. Its documentarily qualified and they will schedule the interview.

11/19/2018- Received an email that interview is scheduled for December 17

11/22/2018- First day medical

11/23/2018- Second day medical saw abnormality on the xray need to go back for sputum culture.

1/31/2019-Back to St.Lukes. Medical approved. Scheduled Interview 

2/08/2019-INTERVIEW PASSED

2/13/2019-Visa Issued Status

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

here's the link of I-864 instructions:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864instr.pdf

What if I Cannot Meet the Income Requirements?

If your income alone is not sufficient to meet the requirement for your household size, the intending immigrant will be ineligible for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status, unless the requirement can be met using any combination of the following:

1. Income from any relatives or dependents living in your household or dependents listed on your most recent Federal income tax return who signed Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member;

2. Income from the intending immigrant, if that income will continue from the same source after immigration, and if the intending immigrant is currently living in your residence. If the intending immigrant is your spouse, his or her income can be counted regardless of current residence, but it must continue from the same source after he or she becomes a lawful permanent resident;

3. The value of your assets, the assets of any household member who has signed Form I-864A, or the assets of the intending immigrants; or 4. A joint sponsor whose income and/or assets equal at least 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. (See the What is a Joint Sponsor section of these Instructions for more information.)

How Can My Relatives and Dependents Help Me Meet the Income Requirements?

You may use the income of your spouse and/or any other relatives living in your residence if they are willing to be jointly responsible with you for the intending immigrants you are sponsoring. If you have any unrelated dependents listed on your Federal income tax return you may include their income regardless of where they reside. The income of such household members and dependents can be used to help you meet the income requirements if they complete and sign Form I-864A, Contract Between Sponsor and Household Member, and if they are at least 18 years of age when they sign the affidavit.

I30 Petition for my Mother Timeline

SVC: Texas Service Center

03/01/2018- Sent Petition to USCIS via USPS

03/05/2018- USCIS received petition PRIORITY DATE

03/08/2018- NOA1

08/31/2018- USCIS Approved Petition

09/03/2018- NOA2

09/10/2018- Case sent to NVC

09/18/2018- NVC received case

10/12/2018- received email from NVC with the case # ( CEAC processing )

10/16/2018- Paid Fees AOS and Visa Fee

10/19/2018- Submitted Documents. Civil Documents/AOS and completed DS260

10/30/2018- received email from NVC. checked my CEAC acct rejected AOS, Police Clearance and Birth Certificate

Reason: some part is cut off and not clear. Resubmitted the same day.

11/08/2018- Received an email from NVC that all the required documents are approved. Its documentarily qualified and they will schedule the interview.

11/19/2018- Received an email that interview is scheduled for December 17

11/22/2018- First day medical

11/23/2018- Second day medical saw abnormality on the xray need to go back for sputum culture.

1/31/2019-Back to St.Lukes. Medical approved. Scheduled Interview 

2/08/2019-INTERVIEW PASSED

2/13/2019-Visa Issued Status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.