Captain Oates

are medical problems restricted by law ?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
It sounds to me like you sort of have a chip on your shoulder about the USA; are you sure you actually want to live there? I can't wait to leave the UK, but I didn't have a bad attitude about it when I first got here. :blink: It took a few years for me to start to dislike it.

I paid AT LEAST £24k tax plus NI per year for many decades so I think I am morally entitled to come back to the UK and get my wart zapped for free - so you won't be paying for it really and I know I should be resident again strictly

Yes I see bad things about most aspects of government in the USA and UK - but I can get a cheaper house/gas/car/speedboat/motorbike in the US so that's where I need to be - as long as some freaky church doesn't start tithing me I will be up on the deal.

(got to add that those are secondary to my US spouse's desire - she can't parallel park in England and the pretzel packs aren't big enough - so she wants to go back)

The biggest problem about the US is the average American's refusal to hear anything bad about America without clutching their left breast and closing their eyes and singing the star spangled banner - I find it quite nieve and childlike and I really don't mind it or even notice it now having spent 18 months in Wisconsin.....many Americans are still turning on the telly to see if the WMD's have been found yet. I am not going to change the mind of anyone who was brainwashed at kindergarten so I don't even try to ask them to take an unbiased world view.

I am not anti-American just anti bad things - but that doesn't matter as many Americans (or Brits) can't make that distinction and I will probably get shot like John Lennon or Kennedy or Martin or even Abe if I say I don't like something

I reckon my mouth is the most dangerous health hazard in the land of free speech and the most likely to land me in the emergency room - so I will try and zip it during the medical...

moresheep400100.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one kitty !

so really you have to be infectious or barking mad

so being a likely burden on the public hospitals is not a factor ! excellent data well done.

I wonder if the untreated blood pressure case was an urban myth or whether it was high cos he didnt want his wife to know they had found the you know what !

I wouldn't have said it if I thought it was untrue.

They can actually deny you for things other than infectious diseases or mental disorders...I hate to break it to you. That comes straight from the FAQs on this very site.

Also what would these mental or physical disorders listed be? Epilepsy can be a danger for the person itself, and I imagine it would qualify as a 'physical disorder' as I see it.. autism and asperger and add would be classifiable under harmful behavior .. Sexual orientation probably in some states... smoking cigarettes is a behavior that may pose threat to property or welfare of the alien or the others ... being obese is a harmful behavior that can pose a threat to the health etc. And so on and so on...

What makes you think people with Asperger's are likely to harm themselves or other people? I have Asperger's. :angry:

I'm waiting.

I've got it too. When I say something stupid without realizing it it can have bad or 'harmful' consequences on others (or me depending on outcome). Trying to guess what people are most likely thinking / feeling doesn't always help get a good outcome.

I guess I'd classify it myself under the 'mental disorder' for its definition. Or brain chemistry hiccup or wiring issue = physical?

If someone has a a child with a low IQ (like below 50) how can they prove that it is no mental or physical disorder there?

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Timeline

and what about (animal like a donkey)-purgers disease ? any un-obese American is likely to be one of those...

Edited by saywhat

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I paid AT LEAST £24k tax plus NI per year for many decades so I think I am morally entitled to come back to the UK and get my wart zapped for free - so you won't be paying for it really and I know I should be resident again strictly

Heh...that doesn't matter. Read this:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/family...eoplefromabroad

Yes I see bad things about most aspects of government in the USA and UK - but I can get a cheaper house/gas/car/speedboat/motorbike in the US so that's where I need to be - as long as some freaky church doesn't start tithing me I will be up on the deal.

(got to add that those are secondary to my US spouse's desire - she can't parallel park in England and the pretzel packs aren't big enough - so she wants to go back)

I'm assuming you're kidding. :lol:

The biggest problem about the US is the average American's refusal to hear anything bad about America without clutching their left breast and closing their eyes and singing the star spangled banner - I find it quite nieve and childlike and I really don't mind it or even notice it now having spent 18 months in Wisconsin.....many Americans are still turning on the telly to see if the WMD's have been found yet. I am not going to change the mind of anyone who was brainwashed at kindergarten so I don't even try to ask them to take an unbiased world view.

Must be the people you hang out with. A lot of Americans don't like hearing foreigners bash their country, but many of us are quite prepared to A.) bash it ourselves or B.) listen to bashings from other Americans/people who've spent longer than 18 months in the USA.

I am not anti-American just anti bad things - but that doesn't matter as many Americans (or Brits) can't make that distinction and I will probably get shot like John Lennon or Kennedy or Martin or even Abe if I say I don't like something

I reckon my mouth is the most dangerous health hazard in the land of free speech and the most likely to land me in the emergency room - so I will try and zip it during the medical...

Well...if you think we're all stupid, naive, and intolerant...do you really think putting up with such irritating morons is worth having a cheaper house or a boat? :hehe:

I've got it too. When I say something stupid without realizing it it can have bad or 'harmful' consequences on others (or me depending on outcome). Trying to guess what people are most likely thinking / feeling doesn't always help get a good outcome.

I guess I'd classify it myself under the 'mental disorder' for its definition. Or brain chemistry hiccup or wiring issue = physical?

Well, I suppose that's where you and I part ways. I don't consider it a 'harmful' condition in any way shape or form, and I don't consider it to be a disorder either.

If someone has a a child with a low IQ (like below 50) how can they prove that it is no mental or physical disorder there?

People with Asperger's almost always have average/above average IQs so it's a moot point. I'm in Mensa, so I guess I'm not retarded.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

People with Asperger's almost always have average/above average IQs so it's a moot point. I'm in Mensa, so I guess I'm not retarded.

I meant the retardedness as a totally different case scenario. When someone doesn't have adhd, asperger or ANYTHING else, just an IQ that qualifies him for being a retard. Would or could they refuse someone's kid if it's got a mental handicap like a very low IQ?

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Timeline
Well...if you think we're all stupid, naive, and intolerant...do you really think putting up with such irritating morons is worth having a cheaper house or a boat? :hehe:

YES !!! I LOURVE my toys and I would even move to France if I could get em for the US price....you didn't think I was moving to the US so I could buy a 9mm pistol in Walmart or have more churches to choose from did you ?

I can say without doubt that all the yanquis are not morons (my wife might read this and my chips would be cut off)

Actually I found wonderful, intelligent, caring, knowledgeable , sensitive people in Wisconsin and Wisconsin radio is better than UK radio and I listen to it on the net most days - I know there are many aspects to America and Americans - and some are repulsive (eg torture)and some are lovely (Donna Summer's botty) - but I love to provoke blind patriots and blind religious folk - they need to be made to THINK - and it's my mission - I hear voices telling me so (I won't mention that at the medical either)

I will do great in America and if I survive assassination attempts for 3 years, I will naturalize and then vote to throw all the green-carders out -

oh dear back to the emergency room....

Actually we are getting a bit off subject and need to be in the 'other ' forum, but no, If I can conceal my ebola virus and the voices, I am going to love living in the US - and with their simple approach to how things are 'proved' with bits of paper, it means that with adobe photoshop and a decent printer I can get away with anything there (joking)

moresheep400100.jpg

I meant the retardedness as a totally different case scenario. When someone doesn't have adhd, asperger or ANYTHING else, just an IQ that qualifies him for being a retard. Would or could they refuse someone's kid if it's got a mental handicap like a very low IQ?

I never said they would. I really don't know if they would or not. I'm guessing that mentally retarded children are admissible since they can certainly be naturalized, so it would seem asinine if they were inadmissible. Whether they'd need a waiver or not, I don't know.

P.S. People with special children usually don't like it when their kids are referred to as 'retards'.

Timeline
P.S. People with special children usually don't like it when their kids are referred to as 'retards'.

No George Bush Senior hates it...

moresheep400100.jpg

YES !!! I LOURVE my toys and I would even move to France if I could get em for the US price....you didn't think I was moving to the US so I could buy a 9mm pistol in Walmart or have more churches to choose from did you ?

Not trying to be arsey, but I don't really care what your reasons were. :thumbs:

I can say without doubt that all the yanquis are not morons (my wife might read this and my chips would be cut off)

Wow, I'm swooning and going weak at the knees...a Brit thinks we're not ALL stupid!

Actually I found wonderful, intelligent, caring, knowledgeable , sensitive people in Wisconsin and Wisconsin radio is better than UK radio and I listen to it on the net most days - I know there are many aspects to America and Americans - and some are repulsive (eg torture)and some are lovely (Donna Summer's botty) - but I love to provoke blind patriots and blind religious folk - they need to be made to THINK - and it's my mission - I hear voices telling me so (I won't mention that at the medical either)

I will do great in America and if I survive assassination attempts for 3 years, I will naturalize and then vote to throw all the green-carders out -

oh dear back to the emergency room....

Somehow I don't think people are going to care enough about your opinions to try to silence you. :lol:

Actually we are getting a bit off subject and need to be in the 'other ' forum, but no, If I can conceal my ebola virus and the voices, I am going to love living in the US - and with their simple approach to how things are 'proved' with bits of paper, it means that with adobe photoshop and a decent printer I can get away with anything there (joking)

Mmm kay.

Timeline

I detect some hostility now to our merry prance, so in the interests of maintaining peace, I should exit stage left before the B52's appear over my house in the time honoured style

moresheep400100.jpg

I detect some hostility now to our merry prance, so in the interests of maintaining peace, I should exit stage left before the B52's appear over my house in the time honoured style

Nope, I'm not being hostile at all...I just find you a bit strange. I'm pretty strange myself. :thumbs:

I said I don't care what your reasons were for immigrating because it's true. The US government is who gets to decide if your reasons are good enough, not me. :thumbs: I don't really care why anyone here immigrates; I don't find it relevant when trying to help them or answer their questions. It's not personal.

Edited by homesick_american

Timeline
Nope, I'm not being hostile at all...I just find you a bit strange.

WHAT !!!!! Only a BIT strange - now that is offensive !

I have spend decades working on getting this loony for you - and you say 'A BIT ' !!!!!

This is what I mean about many Americans - they are so charmingly unwordly when it comes to playfull banter and can be easily mislead by it... so earnest ! You will have noticed that the UK is cynic banter central and I was brought up in it - it's just a different style that's all and people are people.

I still haven't trained my American wife and I have 3 bread knives sticking out of my back and no front teeth to prove it !

My brother in law asked me about my church and I said 'Well you have to realise that Europe is basically a post-religious society'

I can still see the look on his face as he grappled with that one - it was like beelzebub had won but the world was still turning - and how could that be ?

My dad was the same - when the jehovah's knocked on our door and

said 'We are Jehovah's witnesses' - he said 'why what has he done ' ?

This is just our style - I am sure you will have noticed - so dont fret I will be a model American apart from drinking beer out of a cooler on the beach -- !

I might even not evade taxes if they stop torturing

moresheep400100.jpg

This is what I mean about many Americans - they are so charmingly unwordly when it comes to playfull banter and can be easily mislead by it... so earnest ! You will have noticed that the UK is cynic banter central and I was brought up in it - it's just a different style that's all and people are people.

I don't agree that being cynical and being worldly are the same thing. I find the cynicism in the UK pretty irritating sometimes.

I still haven't trained my American wife and I have 3 bread knives sticking out of my back and no front teeth to prove it !

My brother in law asked me about my church and I said 'Well you have to realise that Europe is basically a post-religious society'

I can still see the look on his face as he grappled with that one - it was like beelzebub had won but the world was still turning - and how could that be ?

It could have been because you're wrong. Some European countries are very secular, while some are still very religious...in some cases more so than the United States, at least in terms of letting the church make laws. Just look at Ireland. Look at Poland. Look at Italy.

My dad was the same - when the jehovah's knocked on our door and

said 'We are Jehovah's witnesses' - he said 'why what has he done ' ?

When the JWs come round to mine, I just ask them one simple question before they can even open their mouths: Is this about Jesus? If they say yes, I shut the door. And lock it, just to be cheeky.

This is just our style - I am sure you will have noticed - so dont fret I will be a model American apart from drinking beer out of a cooler on the beach -- !

I'm not fretting; we're going to Texas, not Wisconsin, so we won't have to put up with you anyway. :lol:

Timeline
It could have been because you're wrong. Some European countries are very secular, while some are still very religious...in some cases more so than the United States, at least in terms of letting the church make laws. Just look at Ireland. Look at Poland. Look at Italy.

I'm not fretting; we're going to Texas, not Wisconsin, so we won't have to put up with you anyway. :lol:

Italy has the lowest birth rate in Europe - a country where the only pill that's allowed is the one you hold between your knees- somebody is not practicing what they preach or not much is going on there wink wink....

Texas ain't far - Crawford ? Waco ? my pal lives in Georgia and I am driving there to get my green card from him (If I pass the medical - hee hee ha ha)

If he is out I will make my own - would you like a spare one for hubby ? tell me his 'A' number when it's assigned and I will do one with an Oprah watermark so they know it's genuine......

Seriously - you are right of course and the UK ragging can be a bit wearing -when you are an earnest person - but you will be horrified to know that you will actually miss it sometimes when you are Texas roping them thar dogies - something will have rubbed off on you as Bill was fond of saying..

moresheep400100.jpg

Italy has the lowest birth rate in Europe - a country where the only pill that's allowed is the one you hold between your knees- somebody is not practicing what they preach or not much is going on there wink wink....

Possibly, but it's still pretty religious.

Texas ain't far - Crawford ? Waco ? my pal lives in Georgia and I am driving there to get my green card from him (If I pass the medical - hee hee ha ha)

You'd drive for a day to get from Wisconsin to Texas. We're going to Dallas. :thumbs:

If he is out I will make my own - would you like a spare one for hubby ? tell me his 'A' number when it's assigned and I will do one with an Oprah watermark so they know it's genuine......

No thanks, he already has one. :dance:

Seriously - you are right of course and the UK ragging can be a bit wearing -when you are an earnest person - but you will be horrified to know that you will actually miss it sometimes when you are Texas roping them thar dogies - something will have rubbed off on you as Bill was fond of saying..

Some sarcasm and cynicism is necessary to get through life, but here it seems (to me, at least) to be constant. It's very hard for me to tell if someone's being serious with me or not, and I find that sort of draining.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.