bariki

I-751 Filers (September 2018)

2,394 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, vpalermo85 said:

There shouldn't be any issue--the issue usually stems down from that fact that your green card expires before a USCIS service center receives your application.

In which case you have to explain why you're filing late.  The NOA acts as a one year extension of your green card.

We've already submitteda few weeks before the expiration date, but we are just waiting on the NOA. So that's not considered filing late, right? 

1 minute ago, Savannahalexandra said:

We've already submitteda few weeks before the expiration date, but we are just waiting on the NOA. So that's not considered filing late, right? 

No it's not--it's based on the received date which doesn't always coincide with the NOA date.  The USCIS service center will first look to when the application was sent to their offices.  I'd be surprised if they did anything else--you filed in CA right?  At the moment they're known for delays in responding to applications so I don't see them penalizing you.

Accepting late filings is at the discretion of the USCIS branch and the officer.  If they issue the NOA, which I'm sure they will, that means any potential defect from a potential late filing is waived and shouldn't necessarily be raised later on.

event.png

event.png

17 minutes ago, vpalermo85 said:

No it's not--it's based on the received date which doesn't always coincide with the NOA date.  The USCIS service center will first look to when the application was sent to their offices.  I'd be surprised if they did anything else--you filed in CA right?  At the moment they're known for delays in responding to applications so I don't see them penalizing you.

Accepting late filings is at the discretion of the USCIS branch and the officer.  If they issue the NOA, which I'm sure they will, that means any potential defect from a potential late filing is waived and shouldn't necessarily be raised later on.

No i filed with VT, it arrived at the location literally the day they made the announcements that they are switching locations lol 

5 minutes ago, Savannahalexandra said:

No i filed with VT, it arrived at the location literally the day they made the announcements that they are switching locations lol 

I'm sure you're fine :)

USCIS and the government decided to create a lot of chaos with very little warning lol.

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi all I have a question about how late filing is calculated. My conditional green card expires on October 1st and I will be mailing the packet out tomorrow (September 18th). Am I still within the acceptable window? I’ve been reading that checks aren’t being cashed immediately and petitioners are receiving NOAs late so this has me worried. As long as it arrives at the lockbox before October 1st then I should be ok right? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 minute ago, Project_Harajuku said:

Hi all I have a question about how late filing is calculated. My conditional green card expires on October 1st and I will be mailing the packet out tomorrow (September 18th). Am I still within the acceptable window? I’ve been reading that checks aren’t being cashed immediately and petitioners are receiving NOAs late so this has me worried. As long as it arrives at the lockbox before October 1st then I should be ok right? 

Correct. Just make sure to double check you have everything there with the signature - and the correct filing location to send to :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Khang H. said:

Correct. Just make sure to double check you have everything there with the signature - and the correct filing location to send to :)

Thank you! Yes I will double and triple check that everything is accurate before sending it out tomorrow. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

We too sent everything, but the sink. We sent-out our packet to the Lewisville office in Texas via UPS on Monday, September 10 and it was received the following morning by Guard Edwards. Problem is that we haven't received any notification from USCIS and the money orders have not been cashed. This is concerning since they're usually not this lazy to cash a money order. 😎 Should I be worried? 

Greencard expires at end of October and I'm a paralegal that has to  travel to federal courts nationwide. 

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 hours ago, Goldfish123 said:

Anybody submitted G-1145 e-notification form along with the application?

Yes, we did and zero notifications since our packet was received on September 11, 2018. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Yes, we did and zero notifications since our packet was received on September 11, 2018. 

Oh thats been a week for you? Was you check cashed?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Just got off the phone with the bank and they said our money orders are "outstanding." 

Hope you get update soon..

Best wishes..!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.