MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 12/24/2018 at 11:52 PM, inneedofmyhb said:

That’s just horrible! I’m Texas, August filer. I just finished having a conversation with a fellow filer as well that went through the entire process and hubby is now in the states, and we talked about how we understand why uscis does what they do, it makes sense with the amount of people that take advantage of our country. However, the amount of time it takes for them to process a single application is beyond Belief. The I-130 is just the beginning for us. After it is approved 🙏🏼 We then have to file I-212 with local office here in LA. And I just found out that local office is no longer accepting infopasses. Just tells me they are overwhelmed! From what I know, there’s no way to track processing times for local offices. Best of luck to you and hold the patience and faith close to your heart! 

Thanks! I’ve been living overseas for 7 years, so I’m with my husband. Not every country has direct consular filing, so it’s just a long waiting game. If I lived in Bangkok instead of Phnom Penh, we could completely bypass the USCIS. I do feel that they should balance the workload though, it’s simply unfair for some to wait 4-5 months and others 8 or 9 for the exact same paperwork just because of the luck of their routing. 

On 12/27/2018 at 12:25 PM, Tanner said:

Hello everybody, 

my name is Audrey , I am a French  woman married to Clayton  who is a US citizen .

We are married since December 2nd of 2017 😊

We filled the I130 and received or NOA1 on August 29th 2018 

Our  file is in Nebraska service center .

I see  that the deadlines ( on my VJtimelines ) are getting longer and longer ..

on December 26th 2018( only)

I can « hope » to receive my NOA2 between May 14th and May 19th 2019😰 

i start to be afraid ... 

We hope to be able to move in August 2019 but we start to have real doubts .. 

when i see 258 days from NOA1 and NOA 2 + the deadlines for the NVC to process the case + the deadlines to have an interview at the US embassy ( Paris , France ) ..

its looks that the whole process is gonna take more than a year...

Are there people in the same case ? 

When we call USCIS or anywhere we can not have any informations about WHEN?  🤷‍♀️

It cool be nice to talk with someone in the same situation to feel less « alone ».

Sorry for my complains I can not wait to be able to start our new life ..

i wish a good day to everybody from Corsica ( France ) 😉

All the best for your process! :)

My VJ timeline started by saying expect NOA2 Feb 12 but it's now saying March 12 😔 Texas is definitely slowing down.. I'm still going to start counting down from Feb 1st! 🤞 Can't wait to get to the next step and actually get things going. Good luck all, keep us posted on any updates 😊

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

1 hour ago, Muna_93 said:

My VJ timeline started by saying expect NOA2 Feb 12 but it's now saying March 12 😔 Texas is definitely slowing down.. I'm still going to start counting down from Feb 1st! 🤞 Can't wait to get to the next step and actually get things going. Good luck all, keep us posted on any updates 😊

Really Muna? May I ask what is your priority date? 

27 minutes ago, Suaad said:

Really Muna? May I ask what is your priority date? 

PD: 10th August 2018

Now VJ says March 7-17

Hoping for earlier NOA2 in Feb!

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

Timeline
11 hours ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

You are welcome. Nebraska is actually on April and May filers, so that should give you some hope for an August arrival to the U.S. 

2 hours ago, Muna_93 said:

Hi Muna , 

the same for me . 

My priority date is 29/08/2018 - my file is at NSC and at first I was supposed ( according to my VJ timeline ) to receive my NOA2 in April ( before the 15th) and now it’s in May between the 13rd and the 17th ..

looks like all the service centers are slowing down ..

we can just wait .. it’s long I know , and we can not wait to be at the next step . 

Good luck to you and have a good day :) 

9 hours ago, Jessica and Ne said:

Thanks! I’ve been living overseas for 7 years, so I’m with my husband. Not every country has direct consular filing, so it’s just a long waiting game. If I lived in Bangkok instead of Phnom Penh, we could completely bypass the USCIS. I do feel that they should balance the workload though, it’s simply unfair for some to wait 4-5 months and others 8 or 9 for the exact same paperwork just because of the luck of their routing. 

Yes, I lived in Argentina with my husband in 2017 for 10 months. And since they don’t have direct consular filing, is one of the reasons I came back. It’s all just sad, these are people’s lifes we are talking about.  There should be no “luck of the draw” thing, you know? And now with the government maybe going into full shutdown, does anyone have any idea how this will affect government workers (USCIS)? Patience is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with. Good luck to you :)

3 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

Married: Oct. 2015

Filed 1st CR-1 Dec. 2015

Denied after appeal

Filed 2nd CR-1 with receipt date of Aug. 7, 2017 

Nebraska Service Center

I’m sorry. Why did they deny you if you don’t mind sharing?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

Married: Oct. 2015

Filed 1st CR-1 Dec. 2015

Denied after appeal

Filed 2nd CR-1 with receipt date of Aug. 7, 2017 

Nebraska Service Center

That happened to a friend of mine and she hired a good attorney and now her husband is here in the US with her. 

15 hours ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

That happened to a friend of mine and she hired a good attorney and now her husband is here in the US with her. 

We have a lawyer in the US and one in Pakistan. The one in Pakistan says this happens a lot. BUT the problem is he was terrorized into writing a coerced dictated false confession saying he was still married to his ex. He was actually terrified that someone could and would hurt his family. He almost lost his health. Thank God he moved to Dubai and has a job he loves. I don't know if we can ever overcome it. He  and his ex and kids have been to court testifying they are and have been divorced, but still they turned down our rebuttal. It's almost if they can get you to say something false, you can never get out of it, even when the statement was coerced using tactics that are totally against USCIS regulations. I know of several others that this has happened to. The CO's use terrorist tactics on applicants that they want to deny. We have filed a complaint, but people are afraid to stand up to them.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

We have a lawyer in the US and one in Pakistan. The one in Pakistan says this happens a lot. BUT the problem is he was terrorized into writing a coerced dictated false confession saying he was still married to his ex. He was actually terrified that someone could and would hurt his family. He almost lost his health. Thank God he moved to Dubai and has a job he loves. I don't know if we can ever overcome it. He  and his ex and kids have been to court testifying they are and have been divorced, but still they turned down our rebuttal. It's almost if they can get you to say something false, you can never get out of it, even when the statement was coerced using tactics that are totally against USCIS regulations. I know of several others that this has happened to. The CO's use terrorist tactics on applicants that they want to deny. We have filed a complaint, but people are afraid to stand up to them.

I’m sorry you have to go through this. I hope everything works out for you. I hope your lawyers can get your approval. 

Timeline

Hi to everyone , 

i have a little question .

i see on VJ immigration timelines that for NSC and other centers one day they are ( for NVC ) processing the 16th of April , the day after the 10th etc . 

Why ? 

Thank you very much in advance for your answers 😊

Timeline
13 hours ago, Tanner said:

Hi to everyone , 

i have a little question .

i see on VJ immigration timelines that for NSC and other centers one day they are ( for NVC ) processing the 16th of April , the day after the 10th etc . 

Why ? 

Thank you very much in advance for your answers 😊

I’m not sure what your question is. When did they file their application? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.