MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Jessica and Ne said:

Sadly, Nebraska, where my application is sitting, is now saying estimated approval times in May 2019 :( boohoo 

That’s just horrible! I’m Texas, August filer. I just finished having a conversation with a fellow filer as well that went through the entire process and hubby is now in the states, and we talked about how we understand why uscis does what they do, it makes sense with the amount of people that take advantage of our country. However, the amount of time it takes for them to process a single application is beyond Belief. The I-130 is just the beginning for us. After it is approved 🙏🏼 We then have to file I-212 with local office here in LA. And I just found out that local office is no longer accepting infopasses. Just tells me they are overwhelmed! From what I know, there’s no way to track processing times for local offices. Best of luck to you and hold the patience and faith close to your heart! 

On 12/24/2018 at 9:44 AM, Shanika&Rohan said:

August filers have begun getting approvals at Potomac. I’m anxiously waiting for mine. It seems they have been sending the approvals by mail. 

Is that the case? My husband is a truck driver, i need to get him to check his mail then.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Suaad said:

Is that the case? My husband is a truck driver, i need to get him to check his mail then.

Yes! A lot of new applicants got their approvals by mail, not online. 

Edited by Shanika&Rohan

43 minutes ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

Yes! A lot of new applicants got their approvals by mail, not online. 

The wait is exhausting honestly. Hopefully we get an update soon. I can't believe the approval is just the beginning lol. Roughly how many months does the rest of the process take?

Timeline
13 hours ago, Suaad said:

The wait is exhausting honestly. Hopefully we get an update soon. I can't believe the approval is just the beginning lol. Roughly how many months does the rest of the process take?

It really is and mentally draining. Every country is different, but it seems like another 4 months until Interview. 2mos with NVC and 2 months until Interview, then 2-3 weeks after interview. 

8 hours ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

It really is and mentally draining. Every country is different, but it seems like another 4 months until Interview. 2mos with NVC and 2 months until Interview, then 2-3 weeks after interview. 

I hope we are able to get some news soon and be with our families at least by mid next year. We'll get there!

Timeline
15 hours ago, Suaad said:

I hope we are able to get some news soon and be with our families at least by mid next year. We'll get there!

Yes! Me too. We should hear something within the next two weeks I hope 🤞🏽

Timeline

Hello everybody, 

my name is Audrey , I am a French  woman married to Clayton  who is a US citizen .

We are married since December 2nd of 2017 😊

We filled the I130 and received or NOA1 on August 29th 2018 

Our  file is in Nebraska service center .

I see  that the deadlines ( on my VJtimelines ) are getting longer and longer ..

on December 26th 2018( only)

I can « hope » to receive my NOA2 between May 14th and May 19th 2019😰 

i start to be afraid ... 

We hope to be able to move in August 2019 but we start to have real doubts .. 

when i see 258 days from NOA1 and NOA 2 + the deadlines for the NVC to process the case + the deadlines to have an interview at the US embassy ( Paris , France ) ..

its looks that the whole process is gonna take more than a year...

Are there people in the same case ? 

When we call USCIS or anywhere we can not have any informations about WHEN?  🤷‍♀️

It cool be nice to talk with someone in the same situation to feel less « alone ».

Sorry for my complains I can not wait to be able to start our new life ..

i wish a good day to everybody from Corsica ( France ) 😉

Timeline

I saw an approval today for Potomac. Gives me hope that USCIS is still working through the holidays...Lol 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽😁😁😁😁

Timeline
19 hours ago, Tanner said:

Hello everybody, 

my name is Audrey , I am a French  woman married to Clayton  who is a US citizen .

We are married since December 2nd of 2017 😊

We filled the I130 and received or NOA1 on August 29th 2018 

Our  file is in Nebraska service center .

I see  that the deadlines ( on my VJtimelines ) are getting longer and longer ..

on December 26th 2018( only)

I can « hope » to receive my NOA2 between May 14th and May 19th 2019😰 

i start to be afraid ... 

We hope to be able to move in August 2019 but we start to have real doubts .. 

when i see 258 days from NOA1 and NOA 2 + the deadlines for the NVC to process the case + the deadlines to have an interview at the US embassy ( Paris , France ) ..

its looks that the whole process is gonna take more than a year...

Are there people in the same case ? 

When we call USCIS or anywhere we can not have any informations about WHEN?  🤷‍♀️

It cool be nice to talk with someone in the same situation to feel less « alone ».

Sorry for my complains I can not wait to be able to start our new life ..

i wish a good day to everybody from Corsica ( France ) 😉

We all understand your concerns. We are all in the same boat and at the discretion of the US immigration system. Real time updates of your service center can be found at https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=1&sortby=2 This should give you a little more hope. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

We all understand your concerns. We are all in the same boat and at the discretion of the US immigration system. Real time updates of your service center can be found at https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=1&sortby=2 This should give you a little more hope. 

Hello , 

thank you to take the time to reply to me and for your support :) 

Have a great day 

1 hour ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

I saw an approval today for Potomac. Gives me hope that USCIS is still working through the holidays...Lol 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽😁😁😁😁

Nice!! Texas is dragging ###! 😔

Timeline
4 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Nice!! Texas is dragging ###! 😔

They are doing better than Nebraska though. Texas is on May-June filers. It changes month to month. Texas was just the fastest center and Patomac was the slowest, now things have changed and Potomac is the fastest. It seems like Potomac had less summer filers and more in the fall and winter months, that’s how we got caught up. Texas and Nebraska seem to have a good influx of filers all year long, that’s just my opinion based on the number of NOA2 approvals from month to month on Igor’s list. 

Edited by Shanika&Rohan

Timeline
4 hours ago, Tanner said:

Hello , 

thank you to take the time to reply to me and for your support :) 

Have a great day 

You are welcome. Nebraska is actually on April and May filers, so that should give you some hope for an August arrival to the U.S. 

57 minutes ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

They are doing better than Nebraska though. Texas is on May-June filers. It changes month to month. Texas was just the fastest center and Patomac was the slowest, now things have changed and Potomac is the fastest. It seems like Potomac had less summer filers and more in the fall and winter months, that’s how we got caught up. Texas and Nebraska seem to have a good influx of filers all year long, that’s just my opinion based on the number of NOA2 approvals from month to month on Igor’s list. 

Yeah, poor Nebraska. Every time I see someone end up there I’m like “oh no!” Let’s just cross the fingers that this process moves along quickly. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.