MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Just spoke with Tier 2 officer. Case is at local office. They gave me excuse of backlog. They don’t send petitions to local offices for backlog. They get transferred between the service centers. 

Local office meaning are you in the US??  Anyways, hopefully you will hear something SOON. It doesn't make sense that we got Inquiry numbers and they say our cases are  Pending.  What is the meaning of inquiry number then!??  Crossing my fingers. Hope some good news for NBC filers. 

1 hour ago, Ayako2019 said:

Local office meaning are you in the US??  Anyways, hopefully you will hear something SOON. It doesn't make sense that we got Inquiry numbers and they say our cases are  Pending.  What is the meaning of inquiry number then!??  Crossing my fingers. Hope some good news for NBC filers. 

Yes, I’m the petitioner, I’m in California. My husband is overseas. Our attorney said that if it’s at the local office here, they are going to schedule an interview for me. For some reason or another they want proof of something. But that’s okay, I’m happy to go to an interview so they can see the face of a person who is very frustrated and not just see what’s on paper. In regards to the inquiry numbers, those are just generated in the system for reason of delaying. I submitted a second inquiry yesterday and for an email in 1 hour with the same response as the other day. I hope you hear something soon and I will keep you updated. 

52 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Yes, I’m the petitioner, I’m in California. My husband is overseas. Our attorney said that if it’s at the local office here, they are going to schedule an interview for me. For some reason or another they want proof of something. But that’s okay, I’m happy to go to an interview so they can see the face of a person who is very frustrated and not just see what’s on paper. In regards to the inquiry numbers, those are just generated in the system for reason of delaying. I submitted a second inquiry yesterday and for an email in 1 hour with the same response as the other day. I hope you hear something soon and I will keep you updated. 

I see.  Praying for you!! My husband did go to the congress office just now at where he is and they will contact USCIS for him too.  I will keep you updated, too.  one more question, so did you get another inquiry number after a month?? You need to wait an month correct??? 

On 6/11/2019 at 11:21 AM, Trn9000 said:

Yes, even almost identical filing dates.

You can inquire if your receipt date is past the one mentioned under processing times on the USCIS website. But they usually reply, that one should wait another 60 days to make an inquiry. 

I know it sucks, my hubby moved back in December to the US to find a job (he was doing a master's degree here in Switzerland) and being separated for so long is literally torture. 

They are now working on July cases, so expect to wait at least another month before you get an approval or RFE

I have a similar case and summit the inquiry by  jun 1 because the priority date is 7/3/2018, I received the answer today and they said they work continue waiting 

16 hours ago, Ayako2019 said:

I see.  Praying for you!! My husband did go to the congress office just now at where he is and they will contact USCIS for him too.  I will keep you updated, too.  one more question, so did you get another inquiry number after a month?? You need to wait an month correct??? 

Thank you!! I hope the same for you guys as well! The first inquiry they told me 30 days, but answered in leas than 2 weeks, the second inquiry, they said 30 days and answered in 1 hour. But with the same exact wording in the email. 

On 5/23/2019 at 5:36 PM, MK_25 said:

Hey! No letter yet, and our 60 day timeline ends 13th July soooooo I'm not holding my breath. Just gonna switch off my brain until the 13th, that's the only way I'll stay sane. That will be hitting month 11 for us.. sigh. You're in my thoughts too ❤️ 

Hi!!! I had to go back into my notifications to find you lol! Any news? 

On 6/14/2019 at 8:08 PM, inneedofmyhb said:

Hi!!! I had to go back into my notifications to find you lol! Any news? 

Hey! Sorry I don't check on this forum that often anymore. Nothing yet, had a generic email today saying they're still reviewing our case and there are no new updates.. Prayers 🙏

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

46 minutes ago, MK_25 said:

Hey! Sorry I don't check on this forum that often anymore. Nothing yet, had a generic email today saying they're still reviewing our case and there are no new updates.. Prayers 🙏

No no worries!! So you got the generic email as well. So did I. 🥴 hopefully something soon! 🙏🏼🙏🏼 Hang in there. 

Edited by inneedofmyhb

5 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

No no worries!! So you got the generic email as well. So did I. 🥴 hopefully something soon! 🙏🏼🙏🏼 Hang in there. 

How do you guys keep yourself not going insane! It has been almost 3weeks since we requested inquiry numbers. (They at first called it escalation number and we got so excited. They even told us we would get some emails in 2weeks) Still No words, no emails!!!

It is mentally challenging... especially NBC has no processing timelines.   Any tips for keep yourself positive!??  😀 I wish everyone get any good news sooner!!!

On 6/17/2019 at 5:36 PM, Ayako2019 said:

How do you guys keep yourself not going insane! It has been almost 3weeks since we requested inquiry numbers. (They at first called it escalation number and we got so excited. They even told us we would get some emails in 2weeks) Still No words, no emails!!!

It is mentally challenging... especially NBC has no processing timelines.   Any tips for keep yourself positive!??  😀 I wish everyone get any good news sooner!!!

I don’t keep myself from going insane. I’ve already lost my poor mind. But patience and knowing this will all come to an end eventually is what keeps us going. It may take longer than expected, but eventually it will happen. Don’t think about tomorrow, just think about the Present day you’re in. This helps me a lot. 

From what I know when I had talked to a tier 2 agent a while back, NBC is 8 months. Since you haven’t received any updates, continue to call. I have found that even if they give me the same answers, calling all the time, gives me somewhat of relief. I havent seen my husband in 8 months. We were waiting for me to go for the embassy interview but now we don’t know when that will be, so hopefully soon we will get to see each Other.

i will hope you hear something soon!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

13 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

I don’t keep myself from going insane. I’ve already lost my poor mind. But patience and knowing this will all come to an end eventually is what keeps us going. It may take longer than expected, but eventually it will happen. Don’t think about tomorrow, just think about the Present day you’re in. This helps me a lot. 

From what I know when I had talked to a tier 2 agent a while back, NBC is 8 months. Since you haven’t received any updates, continue to call. I have found that even if they give me the same answers, calling all the time, gives me somewhat of relief. I havent seen my husband in 8 months. We were waiting for me to go for the embassy interview but now we don’t know when that will be, so hopefully soon we will get to see each Other.

i will hope you hear something soon!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Thank you. Means so much. 8months is a long time 😭I am hoping you will be called for an interview soon. I will keep you updated!  Praying for you too 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.