MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 minutes ago, juineh said:

We just got a RFE. After 7 and a half months of waiting.. So disappointed and now I feel like we've basically already been denied because if they want more evidence that our relationship is bonafide we really don't have anything more. Only got the email so far so don't know what it's for but I hope to god we just forgot something stupid.

The good news for all of you is that this means they're processing August cases now!

If u don’t know what it’s for, why do you think it’s a request for evidence of marriage? If that’s what they are asking for, show them chats and anything else from the past 7 months. Yes it’s good they are finally moving with August. About time🙄. Don’t get discouraged. From my understanding they review rfe in a few days or weeks and give u approval if it’s satisfied. Keep hope alive, at least u received something. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 minutes ago, JC&BS said:

We have to wait regardless. So obsessing over it makes the waiting so much worse. Hopefully we are all approved very soon. 

I expect the wait time to take 12-14 months until visa in hand. 

So unless we move to our overseas spouse, we simply have no power in the process wait time coupled with missing our loved one. 

you are right .we got no power then to wait! hope we get approve

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, JC&BS said:

Yes I moved. It was a huge decision but I get to understand my husband's culture more, etc. It's a safe area so I went for it.

I’m thinking about it. I’ve been to Nigeria 4 times in the past year alone. Just came back in January and going again in May.  We were thinking about it but hopefully this will be our last year of all this traveling every 3 months. 

23 minutes ago, JC&BS said:

Doubt you're denied. Send in updated info (pics, visits, chats, etc) since it's been 7 months since your noa1.

How much did you send in initially?

I haven't visited since August so no new photos etc.. We initially sent in a few pages of photos, messages, calls, facetimes, and I was there with him for 4 visits (2 months, 3 months, 3 months, then 6 months) but we got married on an impromptu trip to vegas, just the 2 of us, and I think that looks really bad. but I was 23 I wasn't thinking about what immigration would think!

24 minutes ago, Gojo said:

If u don’t know what it’s for, why do you think it’s a request for evidence of marriage? If that’s what they are asking for, show them chats and anything else from the past 7 months. Yes it’s good they are finally moving with August. About time🙄. Don’t get discouraged. From my understanding they review rfe in a few days or weeks and give u approval if it’s satisfied. Keep hope alive, at least u received something. 

because I'm paranoid and don't trust this process at all 😅

13 minutes ago, juineh said:

I haven't visited since August so no new photos etc.. We initially sent in a few pages of photos, messages, calls, facetimes, and I was there with him for 4 visits (2 months, 3 months, 3 months, then 6 months) but we got married on an impromptu trip to vegas, just the 2 of us, and I think that looks really bad. but I was 23 I wasn't thinking about what immigration would think!

because I'm paranoid and don't trust this process at all 😅

Well, if you get an RFE for more evidence. I will as wells my attorney didn’t have us send even anything close to that. Just pictures. But I have everything else you mentioned dating back to 2016. Unfortunately I don’t get to see him often. I have my daughter, my job and it’s approx 950 round trip for a ticket to go see him. Please please please keep us updated as to what the RFE is for. Hopefully it’s something basic...btw, what does the email say? How do you know It’s an RFE

6 minutes ago, amapru said:

Let’s not get discouraged guys. We already knew TSC was getting behind and indeed was, they just updated it officially today. Overall date just went back a week. 

1 week in the this service center process is actually a lot since they approve maybe 1 petition every 2 weeks. Ugh...

12 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Well, if you get an RFE for more evidence. I will as wells my attorney didn’t have us send even anything close to that. Just pictures. But I have everything else you mentioned dating back to 2016. Unfortunately I don’t get to see him often. I have my daughter, my job and it’s approx 950 round trip for a ticket to go see him. Please please please keep us updated as to what the RFE is for. Hopefully it’s something basic...btw, what does the email say? How do you know It’s an RFE

The email says - On March 12, 2019, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. 

I know, it's so expensive to get there and then there's always a possibility they won't even let you in with a current application processing anyway! So frustrating. 

17 minutes ago, juineh said:

The email says - On March 12, 2019, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I130, PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. 

I know, it's so expensive to get there and then there's always a possibility they won't even let you in with a current application processing anyway! So frustrating. 

Okay, so now I know to check my emails as well...thank you :)

ohhh so your the beneficiary...I’m the petitioner, my husband is in Argentina. Oh yeah, don’t forget to update your profile with your RFE notice. Crossing my fingers for you!!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, juineh said:

Dont worry. Request for "initial" evidence generally means some important document was missing like your marriage certificate. It's better than request for "additional" evidence, which could mean that they doubt your marriage is bona fide so they need you to prove it. I heard that someone got a REF and was asked to submit the marriage certificate which they already included in the package in the first place. It was very likely uscis lost it when they were reviewing the case. 

And at least they touched your case. Just make sure you submit all the documents they asked for. It will be there soon!  

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 5:23 PM, inneedofmyhb said:

The website keeps going up and down...I just checked and it’s 6.5 to 8.5 at July 2 now...but it was at 7 to 9 months June 26

Perhaps this will help speed up our process:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-refugee-asylum-citizenship-immigration-20190312-story.html

Hello everyone! There’s a TSC August 2nd approval on IR-1/CR-1 Spouse Visa Timelines. This gives us some hope, they’re moving forward even with the USCIS processing time changing. Speedy approval to all of us :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, JB & LB said:

Hello everyone! There’s a TSC August 2nd approval on IR-1/CR-1 Spouse Visa Timelines. This gives us some hope, they’re moving forward even with the USCIS processing time changing. Speedy approval to all of us :)

WOW congrats!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Allison1128 said:

WOW congrats!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Allison1128 said:

WOW congrats!!!!!!

It’s actually another filer, I’m a November filer, still long ways to go, but this got me a bit excited

50 minutes ago, JB & LB said:

Is there a link? for some reason, it's not coming up for me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.