MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Muna_93 said:

Yes, same! I was so happy that our petition went to Texas and then.. lol. On the website it says 6.5 months to 8.5 months, August filers are already on month no. 7 so not long now either way :)

Hopefully not too much longer. But don’t forget, they are infamous for sending out RFE’s at the last minute. And I look at Potomac and get even more depressed when I see people that filed their 130 3 months after me are being approved. Where is the fairness in that. At this point, what would have been constructive management is to transfer files to the faster processing centers. As a CPA, it only would seem like the “intelligent” thing to do. 

8 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Hopefully not too much longer. But don’t forget, they are infamous for sending out RFE’s at the last minute. And I look at Potomac and get even more depressed when I see people that filed their 130 3 months after me are being approved. Where is the fairness in that. At this point, what would have been constructive management is to transfer files to the faster processing centers. As a CPA, it only would seem like the “intelligent” thing to do. 

I agree with you, knowing that they are in a state of "backlog" they should have thought of sending out the other cases to another service center to make everything move faster.

What yall NSC filers doing while waiting for NOA2? I haven't done much since I sent out my petition for my wife. I did visit her back in December for a month. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello, please any who can help? 

I am a 5 years permanent resident in Texas, and I'm about to apply for citizenship, also I recently got married, myvwife lives in Algeria, 

I am confused, is it better to wait until I get my citizenship to file for my wife, or I should go ahead and file for my wife as a permanent resident, or maybe file for my citizenship and for my wife as a permanent resident?

Would somebody mind directing me to where I can find info regarding what documents etc are required after i-130 approval?

Am just now realising I've been obsessing over when I'm going to receive NOA2, but haven't prepared at all for the next stage. Also any info regarding pros/cons of side-loading? I'm from a low fraud country (Australia) though we didn't have a whole lot of evidence to begin with- we're both young and don't have individual assets let alone joint, but we're close in age, education etc, met in person and have spent plenty of time together in person. 

15 hours ago, salimamara said:

Hello, please any who can help? 

I am a 5 years permanent resident in Texas, and I'm about to apply for citizenship, also I recently got married, myvwife lives in Algeria, 

I am confused, is it better to wait until I get my citizenship to file for my wife, or I should go ahead and file for my wife as a permanent resident, or maybe file for my citizenship and for my wife as a permanent resident?

Since you're already eligible for naturalization, you can just patiently wait until you're a "citizen". I'm not quite certain if you can easily change your status in your petition from permanent resident to citizen if you file it while you are a greencard holder. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, imjustintime said:

What yall NSC filers doing while waiting for NOA2? I haven't done much since I sent out my petition for my wife. I did visit her back in December for a month. 

I've just been working on getting as many things in line as I can while we wait. I'm the beneficiary - so for example, I do not have a long form birth certificate so I ordered one last week so that I have it in my possession when needed. I've gathered all of my immunization records so I have them when I need them. Basically I've just started a file with all of the things I will need eventually on this journey so that when it's finally time, I don't have to scramble around searching for anything. 

I'm going in 11 days to see my Husband for a week and we have another visit planned for May and are working out dates for a trip in August. Hoping the time passes faster when we have things to look forward to.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, juineh said:

Would somebody mind directing me to where I can find info regarding what documents etc are required after i-130 approval?

Am just now realising I've been obsessing over when I'm going to receive NOA2, but haven't prepared at all for the next stage. Also any info regarding pros/cons of side-loading? I'm from a low fraud country (Australia) though we didn't have a whole lot of evidence to begin with- we're both young and don't have individual assets let alone joint, but we're close in age, education etc, met in person and have spent plenty of time together in person. 

There is a bunch of helpful info in the guide about the steps and forms that we need for each step...heres a link :)

www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

To anybody who has been checking their case status on just the egov website please see below from one of the July filers - 

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

"Thanks for sharing that link, I hadn't yet made an account yet on the site. I was using this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do to check my case status and it was never updating. 

I made an account on your link, added my case, and what do you know, I was approved on 02/19/19 exactly 7 months from my NOA1 of 07/19/18

It's weird that I didn't get an email when I included my form for the email along with my petition, as well as nothing in the mail was received yet. But i'm very happy, if you haven't made an account and added your case on myaccount.uscis then I suggest you do so."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, juineh said:

To anybody who has been checking their case status on just the egov website please see below from one of the July filers - 

"Thanks for sharing that link, I hadn't yet made an account yet on the site. I was using this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do to check my case status and it was never updating. 

I made an account on your link, added my case, and what do you know, I was approved on 02/19/19 exactly 7 months from my NOA1 of 07/19/18

It's weird that I didn't get an email when I included my form for the email along with my petition, as well as nothing in the mail was received yet. But i'm very happy, if you haven't made an account and added your case on myaccount.uscis then I suggest you do so."

Congratulations on your approval. Can you update your timeline because it helps others to have somewhat of an estimate please. 

Timeline

Oops sorry I just read it again, that is coming from someone else with an approval lol

1 minute ago, Gojo said:

Oops sorry I just read it again, that is coming from someone else with an approval lol

Yes sorry! I don't know if I'm actually allowed to do that, but I was excited when I saw it myself and thought maybe some early August filers have also unknowingly already been approved!

Timeline
1 minute ago, juineh said:

Yes sorry! I don't know if I'm actually allowed to do that, but I was excited when I saw it myself and thought maybe some early August filers have also unknowingly already been approved!

I think it’s fine. You didn’t put the person’s name or nothing like that.  Do you know if it was an approval for Texas service center?

13 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I think it’s fine. You didn’t put the person’s name or nothing like that.  Do you know if it was an approval for Texas service center?

Yes it was Texas!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

congrats on your approval! Thanks for this sharing.

what about the case tracking app? is it an official app from uscis? I was wondering which method could get the most updated status. Seems like  myaccount.uscis would be the most trustworthy source then.. ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.