MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
24 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Why do you think nov/dec? That’s a long time just for a standard 130 petition. 

I say Nov/Dec for the entire process including visa center and interview. Hope to have him here by that time and this is all over with. hoping for approval of I 130 with next few months. 

11 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I say Nov/Dec for the entire process including visa center and interview. Hope to have him here by that time and this is all over with. hoping for approval of I 130 with next few months. 

Well it makes me a bit nervous to think it’s going to take that long as we still have a waiver to file after our 130 is approved. 😭😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
24 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Well it makes me a bit nervous to think it’s going to take that long as we still have a waiver to file after our 130 is approved. 😭😭

Don’t want to get your hopes up. It will happen soon. They say it can take 6-7 months for approval of I 130 then another 6 months until visa interview. These months are going pretty fast. We will get there soon. 

9 minutes ago, Gojo said:

Don’t want to get your hopes up. It will happen soon. They say it can take 6-7 months for approval of I 130 then another 6 months until visa interview. These months are going pretty fast. We will get there soon. 

Hope and patience is all we have at this point. The time it takes for the visa interview is also dependent on what embassy is involved. Some are pretty quick. I know a few people who are going through the Juarez embassy and that is by far the longest wait. Fingers crossed!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

We’re on the same boat. My husband will apply for a waiver(for overstay) once our I-130 gets approved. PD September 24th Texas service center. The wait is killing me 😭

1 hour ago, AAA0523 said:

We’re on the same boat. My husband will apply for a waiver(for overstay) once our I-130 gets approved. PD September 24th Texas service center. The wait is killing me 😭

Oh so you have to wait for the interview to file the waiver..we only need the 212 which is filed as soon as the 130 is approved. The wait is definitely a killer, especially mentally. 

under 'current processing times' the NOA2 date for TSC has been moving backwards almost every day (incl 2 weeks in the past 2 days) - how is this even possible?

7 hours ago, juineh said:

under 'current processing times' the NOA2 date for TSC has been moving backwards almost every day (incl 2 weeks in the past 2 days) - how is this even possible?

It was on July 19 couple days ago now it’s july 4. Losing hope. Something happened to TSC towards end of January.  0 August approvals as of yet. 

3 hours ago, amapru said:

It was on July 19 couple days ago now it’s july 4. Losing hope. Something happened to TSC towards end of January.  0 August approvals as of yet. 

I see June 15 today. Where do you see July? And the worst part about it all, there is nothing anyone can do. Not even someone with lots of power.  When the 20% increases went into affect with filing fees, it was said that this would speed up the process...it went backwards. When we mail our payments, they cash them within 2-3 days. And then proceed to tell you that it’s non-refundable regardless of the decision. You can’t get a congressmen  involved if your priority date hasn’t passed, so of course they continue to backdate the priority dates, because basically they can. And not one of us paying people can do a darn thing. Yet you see waivers from within the states being filed from people who overstayed approved in 3 months. We are doing it the right way, we are following every procedure they tell us to...but they just don’t care how far we live from our loved ones or how long it will take. This is the true definition of hopeless. 

2 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

I see June 15 today. Where do you see July? And the worst part about it all, there is nothing anyone can do. Not even someone with lots of power.  When the 20% increases went into affect with filing fees, it was said that this would speed up the process...it went backwards. When we mail our payments, they cash them within 2-3 days. And then proceed to tell you that it’s non-refundable regardless of the decision. You can’t get a congressmen  involved if your priority date hasn’t passed, so of course they continue to backdate the priority dates, because basically they can. And not one of us paying people can do a darn thing. Yet you see waivers from within the states being filed from people who overstayed approved in 3 months. We are doing it the right way, we are following every procedure they tell us to...but they just don’t care how far we live from our loved ones or how long it will take. This is the true definition of hopeless. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

scroll down on that page. This is VJ’s timeline, data taken from members approval dates. 

And yes it’s a cruel cruel process that does not make sense. But at the end of the day we just got to accept no matter how much we complain or get sad about it, it is what it is and we got to get through it.

18 minutes ago, amapru said:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

scroll down on that page. This is VJ’s timeline, data taken from members approval dates. 

And yes it’s a cruel cruel process that does not make sense. But at the end of the day we just got to accept no matter how much we complain or get sad about it, it is what it is and we got to get through it.

The processing times I rely on more are on the actual uscis website. Only because visajourney is just a small piece of a very large puzzle. There are so many members here that never come back to update their status. And thousands of people don’t join groups like this for so many reasons. I hope visajourneys processing times are the true dates...because then it will come faster compared to what uscis says. And you are right, we have to get through this regardless of what we are challenged with. 

1 hour ago, inneedofmyhb said:

The processing times I rely on more are on the actual uscis website. Only because visajourney is just a small piece of a very large puzzle. There are so many members here that never come back to update their status. And thousands of people don’t join groups like this for so many reasons. I hope visajourneys processing times are the true dates...because then it will come faster compared to what uscis says. And you are right, we have to get through this regardless of what we are challenged with. 

Both are unreliable to some extent. Uscis because they say they are currently processing June but there are clearly July approvals for actual members. And VJ because of the reason u just explained. I don’t follow the VJ timeline too much. What I like to look at are actual approvals for given service centers and amount of time between NOA1 and NOA2 and that also to get a rough idea.

On 2/6/2019 at 3:02 PM, Porfirio&Maibell said:

My husband said that we have to be more patient and just relax, everything will be ok... 

So best of luck  to all of us 😊😊😊🙏🙏🙏

P&M

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.