MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
48 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Can you call uscis for an update even if they aren’t past your priority date? I mean has anyone ever had success with actually getting an answer or just a typical, sorry can’t help you response is what I will get? I’m losing my patience...😢

USCIS will only tell you if your case is completed. You can ask for a tier 2 officer if you are not satisfied with what the first officer is telling you. 

20 hours ago, SM&RM said:

I don’t think so. It seems like less people filed in June-August, so they should get caught up pretty quick. When I first started following VJ timelines Potomac was the slowest center, so things change pretty quick with these centers. 

I was looking at VJ timelines and didn't see data (such as what month is being processed) for Potomac.  Am I missing something?

Edited by pm5k

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, pm5k said:

I was looking at VJ timelines and didn't see data (such as what month is being processed) for Potomac.  Am I missing something?

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php

try this 

Timeline
4 hours ago, pm5k said:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=&op1=3&op2=&op3=5&op4=10&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=All&op66=All&op7=All&dfile=No&adv=0

I don't know if I have already done this or not. I don't think so, so here goes:

Married 10-19-15

CR-1 denied 10-16; filed appeal, denied

Refiled 8-7-18 

On 1/16/2019 at 10:51 AM, Audrey & Clay said:

You can call  but the answer is gonna be that they have between , for example for NSC , from 7 to 9.5 month to process your case . Unfortunately , You will not have more  informations .. 

i know that because we tried few times and at each times they give us the processing time of our service center ( no more infos than the website ) 

my only advise is to check VJ timelines of your Service center to have an idea .

i know it’s a long and difficult process .

Good luck ! 

I figured that much! Thank you and same to you and yours! 

On 1/16/2019 at 11:27 AM, SM&RM said:

USCIS will only tell you if your case is completed. You can ask for a tier 2 officer if you are not satisfied with what the first officer is telling you. 

Thank you. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Thank you. 

You’re welcome !! 

We are all in the same boat! 

Its a long way but soon is gonna be just a souvenir 😉

8 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

I don't know if I have already done this or not. I don't think so, so here goes:

Married 10-19-15

CR-1 denied 10-16; filed appeal, denied

Refiled 8-7-18 

Oh my goodness!!! I’m so sorry! If you don’t mind me asking, what was their reason for denial twice? 

1 minute ago, Audrey & Clay said:

You’re welcome !! 

We are all in the same boat! 

Its a long way but soon is gonna be just a souvenir 😉

Isn’t that the truth! Some day we will all look back and say, “omg, remember how stressed we were going through the whole process.” 🤷🏼‍♀️

Timeline
15 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Isn’t that the truth! Some day we will all look back and say, “omg, remember how stressed we were going through the whole process.” 🤷🏼‍♀️

Yes ! 

I can not wait for that day ! 

Timeline
4 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Thank you. 

I agree that Igor’s list will give you a more accurate answer to your centers processing times than the processing times of the website. 

4 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Oh my goodness!!! I’m so sorry! If you don’t mind me asking, what was their reason for denial twice? 

We were denied once, appealed and they turned down our appeal. Long story short. Our red flags: I have been divorced 4 times, last time to an abusive Moroccan that I brought over. I'm 67, he's 52. Both of us are educated and self-sufficient. We have never gotten in trouble and have worked hard all our lives. I've been a teacher for 45 years. He is now a customer service manager at a Marriott in Dubai and has gotten a promotion in 6 months. I only say this to show you we are normal decent people. We have known each other for almost 8 years almost, married for 3.5. They decided they weren't going to give him a visa before he arrived, so they took him in a small room and proceeded to scream at him and verbally abuse him until he broke down. They use a Pakistani man to do their dirty work...screaming Islamic prayers at him in his face, laughing at him for being married to a woman who was divorced that many times, told him he was a terrible Muslim because he could never divorce his first wife, told him he would never see the USA, which he took as a threat. He was terrified they would hurt his kids. They dictated a statement for him to write that he was still married, which of course, he isn't. The papers were there in the room. My husband was in such shock he wrote and signed the statement to escape their abuse. We filed an appeal, citing their abuse. We even filed a formal complaint with USCIS-- we got a pat letter back. They said, too bad, he wrote that statement. We had a certified statement before a top judge by him, his ex-wife, and kids that he is and has been divorced for 10 years, as well as his doctor, whom he had told about what happened to him. He developed physical problems, insomnia, diarreah,  high blood pressure, headaches, stomach problems. He even became suicidal. He is a nice man who has never been treated like that in his life. He expected an interview. He got a torture session. They didn't and don't care. They do this to quite a few people. The people are just too embarrassed to tell about it. This embassy is horrible! I so glad he moved to Dubai. He has gotten his confidence back and is much better, but still has nightmares, etc. He's a mild quiet man. So we have refiled last August. We don't know if he will even get an interview because they won't believe he is divorced, even with the proof there in front of them. Whatever happens, they can't tear us apart. Everything they did has only made us stronger. We will never give up! 

Edited by Love To Teach

15 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

We were denied once, appealed and they turned down our appeal. Long story short. Our red flags: I have been divorced 4 times, last time to an abusive Moroccan that I brought over. I'm 67, he's 52. Both of us are educated and self-sufficient. We have never gotten in trouble and have worked hard all our lives. I've been a teacher for 45 years. He is now a customer service manager at a Marriott in Dubai and has gotten a promotion in 6 months. I only say this to show you we are normal decent people. We have known each other for almost 8 years almost, married for 3.5. They decided they weren't going to give him a visa before he arrived, so they took him in a small room and proceeded to scream at him and verbally abuse him until he broke down. They use a Pakistani man to do their dirty work...screaming Islamic prayers at him in his face, laughing at him for being married to a woman who was divorced that many times, told him he was a terrible Muslim because he could never divorce his first wife, told him he would never see the USA, which he took as a threat. He was terrified they would hurt his kids. They dictated a statement for him to write that he was still married, which of course, he isn't. The papers were there in the room. My husband was in such shock he wrote and signed the statement to escape their abuse. We filed an appeal, citing their abuse. We even filed a formal complaint with USCIS-- we got a pat letter back. They said, too bad, he wrote that statement. We had a certified statement before a top judge by him, his ex-wife, and kids that he is and has been divorced for 10 years, as well as his doctor, whom he had told about what happened to him. He developed physical problems, insomnia, diarreah,  high blood pressure, headaches, stomach problems. He even became suicidal. He is a nice man who has never been treated like that in his life. He expected an interview. He got a torture session. They didn't and don't care. They do this to quite a few people. The people are just too embarrassed to tell about it. This embassy is horrible! I so glad he moved to Dubai. He has gotten his confidence back and is much better, but still has nightmares, etc. He's a mild quiet man. So we have refiled last August. We don't know if he will even get an interview because they won't believe he is divorced, even with the proof there in front of them. Whatever happens, they can't tear us apart. Everything they did has only made us stronger. We will never give up! 

Oh wow. You know i think I’ve seen your husband post on here. I don’t remember his user name but your story sounds too familiar. I think that embassy is that way because of the many fraudulent marriages that have come through there in the past. There’s quite a few other embassy’s that are the same way. The age difference shouldn’t matter,  but I do see the red flag in their eyes as a wife being 15 years older than the husband in that country.  It is more common to see it reversed. Doesn’t he have an official divorce decree? I really hope you guys can work this out in the long run. The only words I can say is, don’t lose hope. 

No, he doesn't come on social media. Just uses computer for business. This story has been going on for a long time. Yes, he has the official divorce degree from the council and he has the divorce registered. But they said too bad, you wrote that you were still married so your papers don't override that. We put what happened to him, but they don't care. AND how convenient that they don't record interviews, so he has no witnesses. They do what they want to people in that embassy. He has even gone before the top judge there and testified that he is divorced, as did his ex-wife, and his kids, who are age 16 to 25. I don't know what else we can do. They even screamed at him, "Who did you pay for those papers?" I mean, this is a man who has never had any interaction with the police or anything. He is very dignified and mild. He basically went into shock, wrote what they dictated to him, and ran out. He said he can hardly remember doing it, as he says, he was "not in his right mind" because of their abuse. When he is in Pakistan, he basically looks over his should the entire time. He really believes they can harm him or his family, which I have to agree as they have all the info about people. I have visited him 10 times during the past 6 years, we have tons of evidence. They just make up their minds and that's it. But we aren't giving up. Both of our health(s) (is that a word) are about ruined from the stress.

PS---He's an old soul...older than me...lol

Edited by Love To Teach

4 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

No, he doesn't come on social media. Just uses computer for business. This story has been going on for a long time. Yes, he has the official divorce degree from the council and he has the divorce registered. But they said too bad, you wrote that you were still married so your papers don't override that. We put what happened to him, but they don't care. AND how convenient that they don't record interviews, so he has no witnesses. They do what they want to people in that embassy. He has even gone before the top judge there and testified that he is divorced, as did his ex-wife, and his kids, who are age 16 to 25. I don't know what else we can do. They even screamed at him, "Who did you pay for those papers?" I mean, this is a man who has never had any interaction with the police or anything. He is very dignified and mild. He basically went into shock, wrote what they dictated to him, and ran out. He said he can hardly remember doing it, as he says, he was "not in his right mind" because of their abuse. When he is in Pakistan, he basically looks over his should the entire time. He really believes they can harm him or his family, which I have to agree as they have all the info about people. I have visited him 10 times during the past 6 years, we have tons of evidence. They just make up their minds and that's it. But we aren't giving up. Both of our health(s) (is that a word) are about ruined from the stress.

PS---He's an old soul...older than me...lol

It sounds like you both have done everything possible up until now. It’s a difficult country to deal with right now and I am sure the embassy is going to continue with “their ways.” It’s unfortunate that regardless of him standing before a judge and having proof of being divorced they are still doubting him. What type of evidences did you submit with each one? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.