MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

Question: I saw on a document cover sheet sample for NVC that IRS Tax transcripts, Federal Income Tax Returns AND W-2s need to be submitted. Are the W-2s necessary or is it optional considering the transcripts and the returns will be provided along with paystubs and possibly additional evidence of income such as a letter from an employer? Also, I have retained an attorney for the whole process. Does anyone know if the attorney handles the whole NVC process or is that something the petitioner takes care of? Honestly, now that I have more knowledge of how this process works, I feel more comfortable completing the process myself. I'm afraid my attorney won't side-load with additional proof of bonafide marriage at NVC even if I request it or some other silly mistake will be made by them. Thank you!

49 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Congratulations! I'm excited for you!! What's crazy is that we have the same NOA1 date, but our case is being processed in Texas :D

Thank you! Hoping for a speedy process for you and everyone waiting 😊😊😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Suaad said:

I got my APPROVAL!!!!!!!! Thank God!!! My husband just showed me via text. It seems they're coming through the mail. We've received them through the mail.

Congratulations!!!! I have the same PD date from Potomac 😍😍😍😍! Gives me hope. 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Question: I saw on a document cover sheet sample for NVC that IRS Tax transcripts, Federal Income Tax Returns AND W-2s need to be submitted. Are the W-2s necessary or is it optional considering the transcripts and the returns will be provided along with paystubs and possibly additional evidence of income such as a letter from an employer? Also, I have retained an attorney for the whole process. Does anyone know if the attorney handles the whole NVC process or is that something the petitioner takes care of? Honestly, now that I have more knowledge of how this process works, I feel more comfortable completing the process myself. I'm afraid my attorney won't side-load with additional proof of bonafide marriage at NVC even if I request it or some other silly mistake will be made by them. Thank you!

Last 3 years tax transcript, paystub or job letter will be enough for NVC. You may need W-2s for 2018 for the interview. Transcripts might not be ready for 2018 to provide to NVC. See what your embassy filers are saying through. My Embassy is big on the financial documents. 

8 minutes ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

Last 3 years tax transcript, paystub or job letter will be enough for NVC. You may need W-2s for 2018 for the interview. Transcripts might not be ready for 2018 to provide to NVC. See what your embassy filers are saying through. My Embassy is big on the financial documents. 

I don't believe that my embassy is too big on the financial documents, but I have to investigate that. Thank you so much!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

I don't believe that my embassy is too big on the financial documents, but I have to investigate that. Thank you so much!

You welcome. I have seen where my Embassy has asked for a joint-sponsor when the petitioner makes over the poverty level. 

Edited by Shanika&Rohan

22 minutes ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

You welcome. I have seen where my Embassy has asked for a joint-sponsor when the petitioner makes over the poverty level. 

I plan on adding my mother as a joint sponsor. I actually have a question regarding this: She has never worked. Last year was her first year filing alone since my father passed away and this year will be her second year filing alone. Her sole income is from rent she is receiving from property my father left her. My question is: will this cause any problems during NVC? She meets the threshold on her own. Should a copy of my father’s will be provided as proof that the property was left to her? Also, we live in the same household. So we will be submitting the I-864 and I-864A to combine income for nvc purposes. Does proof need to be submitted to prove the she is a household member. If so, what can be submitted as proof? And how many years of its transcripts will be submitted for her? One year or the last three years? Hopefully my questions are clear. Thank you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

I plan on adding my mother as a joint sponsor. I actually have a question regarding this: She has never worked. Last year was her first year filing alone since my father passed away and this year will be her second year filing alone. Her sole income is from rent she is receiving from property my father left her. My question is: will this cause any problems during NVC? She meets the threshold on her own. Should a copy of my father’s will be provided as proof that the property was left to her? Also, we live in the same household. So we will be submitting the I-864 and I-864A to combine income for nvc purposes. Does proof need to be submitted to prove the she is a household member. If so, what can be submitted as proof? And how many years of its transcripts will be submitted for her? One year or the last three years? Hopefully my questions are clear. Thank you.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/tips-filing-form-i-864a-contract-between-sponsor-and-household-member

You are on the right track. Looks like you have to complete I-864 and I-864a and show where your mothers income is coming from. I’m sorry to hear about your father. I think just listing your moms address as the same as yours is enough. That is enough to show Domicile too. I don’t see where they ask to show proof you live in the same home. It would help if your mom’s license or Id has the address on it, just provide a copy of the front and back. Better safe than sorry, but please call NVC to make sure what they really need or ask in one of the NVC forums. 

Edited by Shanika&Rohan

Timeline
2 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Your birth certificate should show proof that he is your father, so the rental income will be fine. 

Timeline

August approvals are here for Potomac!!!! I’m excited. I’m hoping for an approval this week 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽!!!!! 💃🏽💃🏽🤗🤗

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

August approvals are here for Potomac!!!! I’m excited. I’m hoping for an approval this week 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽!!!!! 💃🏽💃🏽🤗🤗

You’re so lucky !!! 

Fingers crossed 🤞 for you !! 

Tell us when you receive your approval 

If it could be the same for NSC will be wonderful lol 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Shanika&Rohan said:

Praying for approvals this month for everybody and hope the Gov opens back up so we can get our transcripts.😍

15 hours ago, Suaad said:

I got my APPROVAL!!!!!!!! Thank God!!! My husband just showed me via text. It seems they're coming through the mail. We've received them through the mail.

Congratulations! August finally on the move!

CR1 Visa Timeline

Texas Service Center

10th August 2018: I-130 Petition Filed

15th August 2018: I-130 Payment taken

23rd August 2018: NOA1 Received

Timeline
4 hours ago, Tanner said:

You’re so lucky !!! 

Fingers crossed 🤞 for you !! 

Tell us when you receive your approval 

If it could be the same for NSC will be wonderful lol 

Will do. I really hope it is soon. I see filers from April waiting on an approval. They got an RFE though. If online says we last took action on your case.....Seems like they have all been RFE. I requested an expedite through my congressman when I first submitted my application. I heard that can push your file back if you get denied the expedite 😩😩😢😢! I hope not. I’m just making sure I’m NVC ready. I had my husband get some vaccine boosters and his police certificate. 

Edited by Shanika&Rohan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.