MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Hi!!!! I’m still right here with you!! I don’t know if you’ve read my previous posts, they transferred my case to nbc and then it was transferred to local office. We swore I was going to get called for an interview, but then as soon as I involved congress a little less than 2 weeks later, I received another RFE for additional evidence of bonafide marriage. My 4 lb package was fedex to local office and they have it. So now we are back to waiting game. You and I are about to hit the 1 year mark next month 🥺 just not right!! Have you heard anything??? 

hey @inneedofmyhb  I am praying for you. keep me updated when you hear something.

I still haven't heard anything from NBC either... Congress got an Email from NBC saying they will work on it as soon as they can.  Here we are 1 month and more from first inquiry number. Looks like NBC is not moving at all....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello August filers, 

I received an email today that my case has been updated so I checked my USCIS account online. 

My I-130 PD, Aug 24th, 2018. 

On July 12th, 2019 my case was approved. Finally💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Nebraska Service Center! 

I filed an I-129F, my  priority date for I-129F is Jun 21st, 2019. There are are no updates online for the I-129F but  I have no doubt the filing of the I-129F helped speed up my process. 

Good luck to everyone waiting. 

On 7/13/2019 at 1:34 PM, MK_25 said:

Omg that's a lot of going around in circles! Hopefully this is the last leg for you.. We haven't heard anything. Sent another inquiry yesterday and now involving congresswoman. No idea what's going on.. 😥😥 Thought I'd be with him by this time.

I can’t believe you haven’t heard anything.  Hopefully now that you involve congress, you will finally hear something. I feel the same as you, never thought it would take this long. Keep me updated and we have to continue with our patience. 🥺🥺

On 7/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, Ayako2019 said:

hey @inneedofmyhb  I am praying for you. keep me updated when you hear something.

I still haven't heard anything from NBC either... Congress got an Email from NBC saying they will work on it as soon as they can.  Here we are 1 month and more from first inquiry number. Looks like NBC is not moving at all....

Hi there! Thank you so much!! 

I sent them everything We have so hopefully this will give them what they are looking for. 

Well, at least they answered something to congress. This hopefully will put a boot in their you know what and they will do something.  I am praying for you and nbc as well!! 

Hey y'all, same boat as everyone here, submitted I-130 August 21st to Nebraska and have yet to hear anything.

I see that people who have contacted Congress are at least getting some communication with USCIS and I wondered how to do so? Do I make an appointment with local representative and explain my situation or? 

Thanks for keeping me company while we wait!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 7/13/2019 at 6:39 PM, Nyhearts said:

Hello August filers, 

I received an email today that my case has been updated so I checked my USCIS account online. 

My I-130 PD, Aug 24th, 2018. 

On July 12th, 2019 my case was approved. Finally💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽

Nebraska Service Center! 

I filed an I-129F, my  priority date for I-129F is Jun 21st, 2019. There are are no updates online for the I-129F but  I have no doubt the filing of the I-129F helped speed up my process. 

Good luck to everyone waiting. 

Congrats! Here you go, one more to the statistics👍

So, the formula I-130+I-129F =accelerated approval works like a charm😀👏

4 hours ago, RebekahG said:

Hey y'all, same boat as everyone here, submitted I-130 August 21st to Nebraska and have yet to hear anything.

I see that people who have contacted Congress are at least getting some communication with USCIS and I wondered how to do so? Do I make an appointment with local representative and explain my situation or? 

Thanks for keeping me company while we wait!

My husband Emailed congress office where he lives and they replied him right away,  He explained the situation and they contacted USCIS office for us.

USCIS NBC office which my daughter's I130 is contacted congress office right away and said they would work on her case as soon as possible.  

12 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Hi there! Thank you so much!! 

I sent them everything We have so hopefully this will give them what they are looking for. 

Well, at least they answered something to congress. This hopefully will put a boot in their you know what and they will do something.  I am praying for you and nbc as well!! 

Hope you will hear from them soon. I haven't heard any good news from NBC August fillers...(even from FB group)  so sad. Hopefully soon for everyone.  My husband called USCIS for another inquiry number, they said since we have contacted congress office the first case number is closed and there is no meaning to request anymore. so I think congress is the big help.  and USCIS lady even suggested to ask them more help if we still don't hear from NBC. I will keep you updated. You are in my thought. Let's stay strong I know we are almost there. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, portorusa said:

Thank you!!💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽 @portorusa.  The long wait is over...After waiting 300 days. I just couldn’t sit and do nothing.

The I-129F seems to help speed up decision making on an I-130 case from all the cases I’ve read on. 

Some folks get lucky with their cases sent to Potomac and they get a decision within 3-4 months, others are expediting their cases, some are contacting their congressmen/women to help push their cases, I decided to try out the I-129F route, a legal and free option and boom💥 , it worked like magic! 😁😁😁

If only I knew about this earlier, I would have done so right after I received my I-130 NOA1. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, portorusa said:

It seems yours was faster than most, as Nebraska folks who did the same things were approved in a month, and others in three months. so I would say this also depends on the SC. 

NOA 1:           September 18, 2018

NOA 2:           August  20, 2019 

Sent NVC:      September 11, 2019

Rec NVC:       September 18, 2019

Case #           October 16, 2019

Docs Sub:      October 21, 2019

Doc Qual.       October  22, 2019 

IL:                    January 23, 2020

INT. Date:       February 11, 2020

APPROVED

POE  Date      March 11, 2020

GC Received  July 3, 2020

7 hours ago, Nyhearts said:

Thank you!!💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽 @portorusa.  The long wait is over...After waiting 300 days. I just couldn’t sit and do nothing.

The I-129F seems to help speed up decision making on an I-130 case from all the cases I’ve read on. 

Some folks get lucky with their cases sent to Potomac and they get a decision within 3-4 months, others are expediting their cases, some are contacting their congressmen/women to help push their cases, I decided to try out the I-129F route, a legal and free option and boom💥 , it worked like magic! 😁😁😁

If only I knew about this earlier, I would have done so right after I received my I-130 NOA1. 

Hi congrats!!! I’m a bit confused how you filed a fiancé visa after filing a spouse visa? Can you explain? Thank you and good luck on the NVC stage! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Hi congrats!!! I’m a bit confused how you filed a fiancé visa after filing a spouse visa? Can you explain? Thank you and good luck on the NVC stage! 

The I-129f form is filed to obtain a non-immigrant visa, which can be either fiancé (K1)  or spouse (K3). If granted (which it wouldn't be - you can search the forums for more info on this), a K3 visa would require Adjustment of Status after arrival in the US. The I-130 form is the petition for the immigrant visa, which has no such requirement.

19 hours ago, pinano said:

The I-129f form is filed to obtain a non-immigrant visa, which can be either fiancé (K1)  or spouse (K3). If granted (which it wouldn't be - you can search the forums for more info on this), a K3 visa would require Adjustment of Status after arrival in the US. The I-130 form is the petition for the immigrant visa, which has no such requirement.

I know what the petitions are for, but I had no idea that you could file both a I-129 and I-130. Interesting.  Good info for those who are barely starting process, I am almost 1 year in. 

Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.