MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, DGF said:

I'm not surprised. There have been a lot of people recently with PD dates that have exceeded the date listed on the USCIS website. That being said, we're at TSC and this sucks 😕 

You never know.. I'm sorry, friends, but may be after approval the process for you will be the fastest 🙏🏼😊 fingers crossed for all of us🙏🏼

Did anybody else wake up to a notification from the app saying something about normal processing times are back? I was half asleep when I dismissed it but it sounded like the shutdown maybe was effecting the processing times?

6 hours ago, K.U. said:

Oh which app do you use?

I’m looking now on uscis and it does say May 22 and estimated time range changed from 6 to 8 months to 6.5 to 8.5. WTH!!! How can we continue to remain positive when you see something like this? I just don’t understand. 

Timeline

Hi everyone!

This is my timeline

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-06-15
I-130 Sent : 2018-08-03
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-08-06

Currently waiting on approval...sent to the Nebraska Service Center

timing is 7.5 Months to 10 Months U.S. citizen filing for a spouse

i'm hoping it doesn't take that long....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hopefully it's not accurate on USCIS website because for Potomac Service Center it's saying "8 to 10.5 months" and as reported on VJ timeline some September filers have already been approved at that service center. We also filed in August and my husband called them about two days ago, waited on the phone for about an hour and the officer was not helpful at all, he basically read what was written on the website that they were taking care of February filers and we should wait for a few more months....which was very frustrating

47 minutes ago, SCW said:

Hopefully it's not accurate on USCIS website because for Potomac Service Center it's saying "8 to 10.5 months" and as reported on VJ timeline some September filers have already been approved at that service center. We also filed in August and my husband called them about two days ago, waited on the phone for about an hour and the officer was not helpful at all, he basically read what was written on the website that they were taking care of February filers and we should wait for a few more months....which was very frustrating

Ugh...they really know how to test our patience. I am curious if any of those people who work for uscis has ever been through this process or watched a family member go through this? At this point, I’ve lost my mind pretty much that I just wonder and wonder....never EVER did I think I would have to prove to someone how real my marriage is or how much we love each eachother. 🤭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
8 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Ugh...they really know how to test our patience. I am curious if any of those people who work for uscis has ever been through this process or watched a family member go through this? At this point, I’ve lost my mind pretty much that I just wonder and wonder....never EVER did I think I would have to prove to someone how real my marriage is or how much we love each eachother. 🤭

That is bizarre right?!! I understand that they need to prevent fraud, but for us whose marriage is real, having to prove our love to a third party with scrupulously collected evidence is just so forced and unnatural...

On 1/29/2019 at 8:03 PM, K.U. said:

Oh which app do you use?

The case tracker app. The notification was on my home screen when I woke up and I saw something like "return to normal processing times" then hit the home button and couldn't find it again 😫

4 hours ago, juineh said:

The case tracker app. The notification was on my home screen when I woke up and I saw something like "return to normal processing times" then hit the home button and couldn't find it again 😫

😭😭

17 hours ago, Audrey & Clay said:

Estimated time range for NSC is now from 7.5 to 10 month (instead of 9.5) 😥😞😱

Omg..so it looks like all service centers backed up in a matter of a week? All this when the government re-opened.  And they say that USCIS wasn’t affected by shutdown.  I really don’t get it. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Omg..so it looks like all service centers backed up in a matter of a week? All this when the government re-opened.  And they say that USCIS wasn’t affected by shutdown.  I really don’t get it. 

Right now US looks so far ...

with all this late in all the services. , i think that we will not move from France before october ...

its worst ans worst day after day 

Hello everyone! 

I’ve been following the thread but never actually posted anything before.. but I really appreciate all the useful information! I am very excited to say our petition was approved by uscis! Our NOA1 was 8/31/2018 and we got our NOA2 on 2/1/2019 (Potomac Service Center) 

I wish everyone good luck!! 

11 minutes ago, Jungy said:

Hello everyone! 

I’ve been following the thread but never actually posted anything before.. but I really appreciate all the useful information! I am very excited to say our petition was approved by uscis! Our NOA1 was 8/31/2018 and we got our NOA2 on 2/1/2019 (Potomac Service Center) 

I wish everyone good luck!! 

Wow!!! Congrats!! We are TSC...moving pretty slow. Did they update when you log into uscis le did your receive the approval in the mail? 

Congrats again and good luck with NVC!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.