1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/2/2019 at 4:40 PM, jeyster12 said:

Hi!! We're adjusting here in San Jose. Got married September 3 last year and received NOA on September 28, 2018. We got the request for initial interview mail last month (November 12) and the date of our interview is on December 17.

Thank you! So I guess I’ll be waiting til March or April. I applied last March 2019.

Hi, I received an interview notice the other day....and there are both good news and bad news.
The notice had been sent to my old address and the interview was scheduled at my previous field office, which is Seattle. (Good news for Seattle filers!)

Currently, I am in Dallas area, so I have already requested for rescheduling. (I made the address change and it was approved a few months ago.)

It is disappointing at extra wait, although it is apparently not my fault.. Hope the new notice won't be that further away 😞

NOA: Sep 5th, 2018.

Edited by rain111

Timeline
On 12/2/2019 at 4:40 PM, jeyster12 said:

Hi!! We're adjusting here in San Jose. Got married September 3 last year and received NOA on September 28, 2018. We got the request for initial interview mail last month (November 12) and the date of our interview is on December 17.

My status just changed and I applied March 2019. How long did it take til you got your interview date in mailbox from when it changed your status in the USCIS website? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/13/2019 at 10:33 PM, PaulaMarie said:

My status just changed and I applied March 2019. How long did it take til you got your interview date in mailbox from when it changed your status in the USCIS website? Thanks!

March 2019 was when our status changed to 'ready to be scheduled for an interview'. If I remember correctly we got the interview date by mail November 2019, at least a month before the date of the interview. My husband just got his greencard on the 24th ☺️

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Interview in NY office yesterday (NOA Date 10 Sept 2018)

Was waiting for 2 hours before being called into the interview. It was a nerve wrecking wait as people who got there after us were being called before us.. couldn't work out their system!

The interview went very smoothly, the interviewer we got couldn't have been nicer and even made a few jokes throughout the interview. I didn't need medical exam because I did it for the K1. Interviewer also stated because we already went through the K1 she wouldn't have a lot of questions for us regarding our relationship. The only questions asked were..

What is your wife's full name?

Her profession?

Where is she from?

Her birth date?

Her fathers name?

Where does she have a checking account?

What is your husband's full name?

Where is he from?

His birth date?

His mother's name?

Where does he have a checking account?

One thing I was missing that she asked for was a letter from my job proving my employment. I had brought documentation from my job with health insurance info on it because I have listed my husband as my beneficiary. Since it had the company header on it she accepted that as sufficient evidence.

At the end she said she couldn't tell us if we were approved and that we would be put through one last background check. We went for a celebratory lunch after and within an hour my USCIS App showed card was being processed. WOHOO!! So much relief. Cant wait to have the card in my hands  🤩 

Edited by streanor

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

@streanor Congratulations! 🎉 Thank you for your post. We have our interview tomorrow at the Manhattan office. I'm assuming you two had your interview there as well? If so, I wanted to ask if you had any issues with getting through security. I know the NOA states "arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before" but we plan to arrive at least 45 minutes earlier. I've seen some post where it took people longer than expected to get through but of course getting called up on time is a dream.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
5 hours ago, stevo215 said:

@streanor Congratulations! 🎉 Thank you for your post. We have our interview tomorrow at the Manhattan office. I'm assuming you two had your interview there as well? If so, I wanted to ask if you had any issues with getting through security. I know the NOA states "arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before" but we plan to arrive at least 45 minutes earlier. I've seen some post where it took people longer than expected to get through but of course getting called up on time is a dream.

Yes, we were in Manhattan office. 

Oh I hadn't heard the 'arrive no earlier than 30 mins' rule before! We arrived 45 mins early and had no problem going through security. Didn't see anyone else there having an issue either, the line in security moved very fast.

GOOD LUCK!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.