1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I've been trying to read what is after the conditional green card that one gets after the interview , it says that one needs more evidence when applying for the 10 year resident card . What kind of stuff would count as more evidence? im a bit confused

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I've been trying to read what is after the conditional green card that one gets after the interview , it says that one needs more evidence when applying for the 10 year resident card . What kind of stuff would count as more evidence? im a bit confused

This can give an idea. Although this person seriously loaded it, but you can see what types are used for the next application called - removal of conditions (roc) you file I-751.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone, I have my interview scheduled for next month, but I am trying to figure out if I need to do another medical exam. I entered the USA with a k1 visa (I had my medical exam in May 2018 in Italy). I have submitted my i485 in September 2018. 

So the question is my medical exam still valid or I need to get a new one. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Timeline
On 7/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, dynesyzygy24 said:

Hello everyone my interview will be on the end of month, should I get another medical? My letter says doesn’t require if already submitted also the I-693

i had my medical and vaccination march of last year filed aos september then interview is july

TIA

Same situation what did you find out?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Oleh said:

Hi everyone, I have my interview scheduled for next month, but I am trying to figure out if I need to do another medical exam. I entered the USA with a k1 visa (I had my medical exam in May 2018 in Italy). I have submitted my i485 in September 2018. 

So the question is my medical exam still valid or I need to get a new one. 

Any help is appreciated. 

I had medical on may 2018, I-485 in september just like you, just had my interview last week and they didn't ask for it.

I believe some inexperienced officer may ask about it if they don't know about the rules for K1 medical/foreign medicals. but you don't have to do it unless you get an rfe at the interview. if your vaccination records were not completed though, then you may need to get a completed one for that.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Naes said:

I had medical on may 2018, I-485 in september just like you, just had my interview last week and they didn't ask for it.

I believe some inexperienced officer may ask about it if they don't know about the rules for K1 medical/foreign medicals. but you don't have to do it unless you get an rfe at the interview. if your vaccination records were not completed though, then you may need to get a completed one for that.

I have a copy of my vaccination documentation worksheet (it was given to me after my medical exam in Rome) and it expires on 10/31/2020. Is that the i693?

it is so frustrating. 

Thank you  Naes

Timeline
1 hour ago, Oleh said:

I have a copy of my vaccination documentation worksheet (it was given to me after my medical exam in Rome) and it expires on 10/31/2020. Is that the i693?

it is so frustrating. 

Thank you  Naes

it is instead of i693 in our (K1) cases that should be called DS3025. if that says completed then it should be fine.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Naes said:

it is instead of i693 in our (K1) cases that should be called DS3025. if that says completed then it should be fine.

It is signed by the doctor and it says “I attest I performed this examination or supervised completion of this. Form and have an agreement with department of State” 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Oleh said:

It is signed by the doctor and it says “I attest I performed this examination or supervised completion of this. Form and have an agreement with department of State” 

There should be a part on the bottom of first page, that says something close to the intending immigrant completed all vaccinations or something similar, is that box checked?

I think it should be right above that writing you just said.

Edited by Naes

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

There should be a part on the bottom of first page, that says something close to the intending immigrant completed all vaccinations or something similar, is that box checked?

It says k visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements and it is checked 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Oleh said:

It says k visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements and it is checked 

then you should be good :) The rest depends on how much your IO knows about this procedure. normally you won't require one but sometimes if they lost it or decided that you need to get a new one they will let you know during the interview. don't forget to take a copy of that with you. I was worried too but they didnt ask for it at all.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello fellow September filers, 

We had a little bit of a hiccup and had to reschedule our initial interview due to travel complications. We had already purchase tickets to CA to go visit my parents and road trip back to Louisiana. We contacted them immediately and requested a new date. They said we would hear back from them within the next 60 days with a new interview date. I was scared about a possibility of a "black hole" of more than a year to reschedule but they gave us a new interview date within the 60 day range. 

My husband and I had our AOS interview this morning in New Orleans, LA. We were approved by the end of the interview and the USCIS agent said that we should receive the approval notice in the mail by the end of the week and we should receive the green card in a week or so after we receive the notice.

We are so thankful that the interview went well and we were able to get a new interview so quickly. Thanks everyone for the support! Y'all have truly helped us through this long process! 

“We are a little weird, life is a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”

-Dr. Seuss

K-1 Journey: 291 Days

Spoiler

October 02, 2017: NOA1 receive date 

March 23, 2018: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

April 05, 2018: NVC case number assigned

May 16, 2018: Interview: Approved 

May 28, 2018: Visa in hand

August 17, 2018: Marriage

EAD/AP Journey: 196 Days

Spoiler

September 05, 2018:  EAD/AP sent with AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox

September 13, 2018: NOA

February 14, 2019: Case Approved! (Old website, no update on the new website)

February 19, 2019: NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

March 7, 2019: Submitted a case inquiry 

March 18, 2019: Received EAD/AP combo card

AOS Journey: 308 Days

Spoiler

September 05, 2018: AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox

September 13, 2018: NOA

October 1, 2018: Biometrics 

October 5, 2018:"Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

May 6, 2019: Received interview notice, interview scheduled for June 10.

May 7, 2019: Contacted and requested a new interview date due to travel complications

May 16, 2019: Case inquiry for new interview date was assigned

July 12, 2019: Received second interview notice

July 30, 2019: AOS Interview 

July 30, 2019: AOS approval

August 1, 2019: "Card is in Production"

August 2, 2019: "Card is in the Mail"

August 3, 2019: Received Green Card

ROC Journey:

Spoiler

June 30, 2021: ROC package delivered to Lockbox in Phoenix, AZ

July 09, 2021: NOA 1 received 

August 11, 2021: Biometrics waived

Nov. 08, 2021:18 month extension letter received

May 10, 2021:Case transfered to MBC 

Naturalization:

Spoiler

May 4, 2022: Naturalization package sent to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX

May 6, 2022: Biometrics reused

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline

On 7/15/2019 at 9:45 AM, Jessica829 said:

We received my husband's green card on Friday! Finally done with USCIS for almost two years now. :)

July 2: Interview, not immediately approved as we were told they wanted to review my husband's military records again (he only did the mandatory service for Turkey)

July 5: Case update to card in production

July 12: Card received in mailbox 

On 7/16/2019 at 10:46 AM, Ocelot said:

Congrats I got mine too! Time to enjoy it for two years before having to worry again lol

On 7/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, Naes said:

Had the interview today! And got card in production in about 2 hours! Finally can relax a bit :D 

Thank you all who’s with us in this journey!

Hey! Can I ask what the card looked like on informed delivery? Did it have the famous "page 1 of 1"? 👀Have a bad feeling about not being approved on the spot after our interview and something is in the mail today but I can't wait to find out what.........

Timeline
18 minutes ago, ML915 said:

Hey! Can I ask what the card looked like on informed delivery? Did it have the famous "page 1 of 1"? 👀Have a bad feeling about not being approved on the spot after our interview and something is in the mail today but I can't wait to find out what.........

I’d say page 1/1 is approval letter.

card came in a usps priority mail, I don’t have informed delivery for my new address so I don’t know. But it I think shows up as package sometimes.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
5 hours ago, Naes said:

I’d say page 1/1 is approval letter.

card came in a usps priority mail, I don’t have informed delivery for my new address so I don’t know. But it I think shows up as package sometimes.

Thank you! Fingers crossed 🙏🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.