1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 6/11/2019 at 12:11 PM, Linkie said:

Interview was yesterday.

They were quite friendly, and seemed to click well with my partner.

Asked a few standard questions, regarding to the application forms Infront of him, and just testing our knowledge about each other (like "when did we get married?").

Unfortunately, they did not tell us if we were approved. They said that if they need anything further that they will directly contact us, but he said he thinks he has everything already, and that they'll get our case reviewed asap.

He said to also expect a response, or the green card within the month.

Overall we felt like it went well?

They only asked for joint assets, photos, proof of a genuine relationship and etc.

I expected my nerves and anxiety to have ended by now but... Nope, almost feels worse because we didn't get a response (I know that it's not uncommon for this to happen, but... would have been nice I guess xD?)

So I checked on my case's current status.

It's now changed from "interview scheduled" to "card being produced"!

Yay!

(Can't seem to update my timeline at the moment, is anyone have problems with accessing the menu options?)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our interview yesterday. It was scheduled for 9am, so we arrived at 8, got into the office by 8:30 (luckily the line was much shorter than when I tried to get AP before the holidays), and then proceeded to wait until 10:30 to be called in. 

At first the interviewer (a guy in a nice suit, who told us over the course of the conversation that he's worked there for 15 years) was a bit of a hard-### to us, which I expect is fairly normal. He took us to task for not having joint finances, and didn't seem to believe us that our landlord doesn't have an official addendum to my husband's lease for my occupancy in the apartment—though we DEFINITELY pay for it. 

The tide turned when I pulled out the 100+ pages of text messages that are just from the last three months. And we started talking about our cats. And also, the guy was a Game of Thrones fan, so when my husband's job came up (he works in film), the guy asked if he ever worked on GOT. Which he hasn't. But yay for humanity coming out!

He didn't look at any of our documents in the interview—didn't open our passports, flip through the texts, nothing. He just put all the copies we gave him into our giant folder. 

At the end, he said that he had to clear a problem I had crossing the border last summer (I was turned down for a TN, had to gather more information and reapply), but beyond that we were ready for approval. My husband was excited and started telling everyone, but I was more reticent about it.

At 6pm, I got a text saying my account had been updated, so I signed in and it had changed to new card being produced! 

Hopefully it comes soon, because I'm dying to get home and see my friends and family—not going home at Christmas was tough. 

I'm really looking forward to easier passage at airports (no more long line or secondary at Pearson, after I go home to visit, YAAAAY!), and am considering reapplying for NEXUS or Global Entry now. 

Wishing everyone luck and a speedy response to their application!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
20 hours ago, LizM said:

That's awesome! How do you like it here? Have you found a job yet? 

I've considered moving to Jersey City or Hoboken many times during the past year - it's close, you save a ton in taxes, and GC processing is quicker... but we're still in the city for now.

Hoboken is definitely awesome! I only had 3 days to find an apartment so I jumped on whatever I could find with little knowledge and help from MikeandMeg. 

I love it here tbh easier to move around then California. I miss California also.. I'd be in a pool right now instead of dying in this humidity lol

We moved cause I got a job in exchange place :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone!

So nice to see many people here getting green cards, AOS interviews and such. Especially to those who were former K1 visa holders.. we have come so far!!

A few days ago, I received the letter from USCIS about my interview date - yay! Our interview is on July 17th so one more month to wait.

I have a quick question though: Since I entered the states with K1visa, I don't need to get any new medical exam for the interview, right...? I submitted my D-3025 when I applied for AOS (within one year of the date of my K1visa medical exam) so I was planning to bring a copy of my D-3025 to the interview. Recently, I came across one blog about AOS interview of former K1visa holder and the writer mentioned that she had to get another medical exam for AOS interview. Then I looked up on VJ (of course) about it and I found this post.

I read the last reply on this forum and TB44 mentions that "According to the instructions on the I-693, if you file for AOS within one year of the date of your K1 visa medical exam (AND your K1 visa medical is satisfactory i.e. shows no signs of TB, syphillis or gonorrhea, and you have completed the necessary vaccinations as evidenced by your D-3025), you DO NOT need to undergo a new medical for AOS, and you DO NOT need to submit an I-693 for AOS."

So am I understanding correctly that I do not need to get another medical exam for AOS interview as long as I bring my D-3025 with me??

Timeline
1 minute ago, Yuilicious said:

Hi everyone!

So nice to see many people here getting green cards, AOS interviews and such. Especially to those who were former K1 visa holders.. we have come so far!!

A few days ago, I received the letter from USCIS about my interview date - yay! Our interview is on July 17th so one more month to wait.

I have a quick question though: Since I entered the states with K1visa, I don't need to get any new medical exam for the interview, right...? I submitted my D-3025 when I applied for AOS (within one year of the date of my K1visa medical exam) so I was planning to bring a copy of my D-3025 to the interview. Recently, I came across one blog about AOS interview of former K1visa holder and the writer mentioned that she had to get another medical exam for AOS interview. Then I looked up on VJ (of course) about it and I found this post.

I read the last reply on this forum and TB44 mentions that "According to the instructions on the I-693, if you file for AOS within one year of the date of your K1 visa medical exam (AND your K1 visa medical is satisfactory i.e. shows no signs of TB, syphillis or gonorrhea, and you have completed the necessary vaccinations as evidenced by your D-3025), you DO NOT need to undergo a new medical for AOS, and you DO NOT need to submit an I-693 for AOS."

So am I understanding correctly that I do not need to get another medical exam for AOS interview as long as I bring my D-3025 with me??

You don’t need to unless they tell you to.

if it is needed they will let you know at the interview kind of a after interview RFE

As our timelines and many other situations is same, (our interview is on July 16th!) I am taking the copy they gave me at the medical + DS3025 just in case.

normally we aren’t suppose to need to resubmit, but from what I gather some Interviewers still ask for it especially if they don’t interpret the rules correctly. So I won’t be doing a new one until they ask me to.

Good luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Naes said:

You don’t need to unless they tell you to.

if it is needed they will let you know at the interview kind of a after interview RFE

As our timelines and many other situations is same, (our interview is on July 16th!) I am taking the copy they gave me at the medical + DS3025 just in case.

normally we aren’t suppose to need to resubmit, but from what I gather some Interviewers still ask for it especially if they don’t interpret the rules correctly. So I won’t be doing a new one until they ask me to.

Good luck! 

Thank you so much for your quick response always, Naes!!

I just double checked with the letter and my interview is actually on July 16th lol Thanks again and looking forward to coming back here for some good news in July!

Also welcome to East Coast!!! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello everyone

I haven’t posted in a while but I haven’t received anything about our case it’s been the same message since we submitted the forms on September 7 and I’m really getting discouraged. It also doesn’t help the processing dates keep changing😢. I’ve reached out to my state representative and they’ve also gave me the same answer which was according to the website I just have to wait. Sorry had to vent because I’m frustrated. Anyone else that hasn’t heard anything on their cases?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, truetrue1982 said:

Hello everyone

I haven’t posted in a while but I haven’t received anything about our case it’s been the same message since we submitted the forms on September 7 and I’m really getting discouraged. It also doesn’t help the processing dates keep changing😢. I’ve reached out to my state representative and they’ve also gave me the same answer which was according to the website I just have to wait. Sorry had to vent because I’m frustrated. Anyone else that hasn’t heard anything on their cases?

I am really sorry to hear that. You didn't even get EAD/AP yet?

Timeline
11 hours ago, LizM said:

You have to be kidding! I literally see Exchange Place from my office building. 

I know.. and this humidity we've had in the past few days is just the start. It'll get much worse trust me. How's your hubby liking it? Was he able to find a job as well? And did you start already?

That means I get to see yours 😂 cause I’m right in front of the river (beautiful view btw)

I started on May 13, basically I applied the day I learnt my card was approved lol.and moved here on May 10th ish.

hubby likes it but having a harder time finding a job here. It is way different than California. So he decided to do school for a while which I think is the best.  I think I’ll end up sponsoring myself 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi VJ! Glad to see a lot of progress here. I haven't posted here in a while, but thought I'd provide a few updates.

My husband was able to use his AP to get a Shengen visa through the Italian consulate in LA with no issues. We went on a 6 week honeymoon visiting his family in Turkey and going throughout Europe. He had no issues throughout the trip from being on AP, other than he had to wait for like an hour coming back through LAX to get processed.  The didn't even ask any additional questions, just made him wait in the secondary screening area. They do need the paper AP approval form, so be sure to bring that along with the card. 

Also, we received our interview date of July 2nd in the LA city office. Below's our timeline:

- September 4th: NOA1

- September 25th: bio appt

- March 4th: AP/EAD approved

- May 14: received update that interview was ready to be scheduled

- May 23: interview scheduled

- July 2: interview date

Timeline
20 hours ago, Naes said:

I am really sorry to hear that. You didn't even get EAD/AP yet?

We haven’t received anything yet (EAD/AP, interview notice or RFEI’m just so tired of waiting with nothing being updated.

Timeline
1 minute ago, truetrue1982 said:

We haven’t received anything yet (EAD/AP, interview notice or RFEI’m just so tired of waiting with nothing being updated.

It shows October 10th on their website for the processing times at this moment, I am sure you already tried but this maybe the time to retry. Also take a screenshot which may help show your case to your congressman maybe.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Naes said:

It shows October 10th on their website for the processing times at this moment, I am sure you already tried but this maybe the time to retry. Also take a screenshot which may help show your case to your congressman maybe.

Thank you I’ll do it again. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Half ranting half asking! Should I get a lawyer involved?

I'm now having nightmares about never getting my travel doc and missing both my best friends and brothers weddings in early Oct and Nov. I know I have time but so far everything has worked at snail pace with USCIS. My husband wants to get a lawyer involved. Is there any point?! I've just heard so many times their input doesn't help. Our congressman says he can't do anything for us because there's no major emergency to travel. I'm just so angry because I did everything right, the only reason why I don't have AP document is because of a mistake made by USCIS.

Here's my backstory: My AP was approved in March but my EAD wasn't approved until May. I expected to receive a combo card for work and travel but I received employment authorisation card with "Not Valid For AP" printed on it. Calling USCIS they said I should have gotten a travel doc within 30 days of AP approval but there records show it was never sent. Put in an inquiry, the 30 days passed last week, I got speaking to Tier 2 and they said they have contacted my office and said I should have a reply within 2 weeks... it's been 1 week, I'm not feeling confidant. Every time I make an inquiry they have never replied in the time they say they will!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Good morning Journeyers,

I am writing this because the info in this web helped me a lot. Our problem was the more document request after the interview. The officer asked us to show that my wife (K1) was using the new last name that I-485 was filled (put the new last name). She was asked to show and official evidence where the last name on. DMV PA did not issue a state ID because of expired I-94. I registered her in USPS with her new last name. Also an invoice (hospital) was showing the new last name. USPS is a Government Agency that the document is an official evidence. They approved the case and we are waiting for the greencards.

Please try to stay calm and think about other options when you are stressed with unexpected problems. This is a stressful journey and please think positively to find easy solutions for the problems. I immigrated 10 years ago, citizen for 5 years.

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES!   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.