1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I was wondering can help me with this..

my I130 was approved and they sent the approval notice but the USPS sent it back to USCIS due to a mix up. Do i need the physical approval notice of I130 or its not a big deal since they approved it. 

P.S. my online status changed from approved to notice was sent back to USCIS because the post office could not deliver it

4 hours ago, Apple2016 said:

i did a service request to have them resent the letter but no response...

Call USCIS. 

It may be an issue of either USCIS having an incorrect address for you or USPS not delivering the mail if an "in care of name" is listed on the letter. (Sometimes USCIS will list the immigrant's father's name in the "in care of" to distinguish between immigrants with the same names at the same service center/field office.)

You want that hardcopy notice.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

6 minutes ago, Naes said:

Wow to the speed of New Jersey(Newark field office)! And thank you so much for all your help @MikeandMeg

I just got “interview scheduled” update.. I didn’t even expect it for another year when I was in California (SFV office)

Address change= 7th of May

Address change confirmation= 17th of May

interview scheduled= 4th of June

I am glad to hear this - and to see you are doing well! <3

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I am glad to hear this - and to see you are doing well! <3

I am following your case.. still waiting after the move?

Just now, Naes said:

I am following your case.. still waiting after the move?

Yes, unfortunately. We reached out to our congresswoman - she was able to verify that our address was correct and that our case was 'going to be sent to' our local field office. We're headed to the UK next month, and after that, if we haven't heard anything, we will be getting the lawyers at his work involved. I know that no case is special, and that we are all waiting, but I am just ready for this part to be over. 

Regardless, I am excited for you and your interview. I am glad that things are moving along smoothly! <3

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

Yes, unfortunately. We reached out to our congresswoman - she was able to verify that our address was correct and that our case was 'going to be sent to' our local field office. We're headed to the UK next month, and after that, if we haven't heard anything, we will be getting the lawyers at his work involved. I know that no case is special, and that we are all waiting, but I am just ready for this part to be over. 

Regardless, I am excited for you and your interview. I am glad that things are moving along smoothly! ❤️

I'm glad you could verify the address cause that was the scariest part if they have it correct or not!

Thank you so much! I'll update when I have more info

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview done today.  The immigration officer was courteous and made us feel very comfortable.  He just asked questions to verify the I-485 form data.  Then he asked questions like if my wife was working or not. currently she is not. we did not have joint bank account and he asked if we did and we answered as no.  Over all very simple than I thought.  He gave us a document that states who did the interview and what the out come was.  He said he had checked Review option but he said he will approve by eod today and we will get the approval notice via mail in a week and GC (with 2 year condition) by end of this month.   The extra documents that he asked was the latest tax documents and marriage pictures. 

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
On 6/4/2019 at 8:52 AM, Naes said:

Wow to the speed of New Jersey(Newark field office)! And thank you so much for all your help @MikeandMeg

I just got “interview scheduled” update.. I didn’t even expect it for another year when I was in California (SFV office)

Address change= 7th of May

Address change confirmation= 17th of May

interview scheduled= 4th of June

Welcome to New Jersey. We had the green card by Feb 14 in hand after Jan 31 interview in Newark. Can’t wait to make those last 2 rows on my timeline from grey to blue! (751 & 400)

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
On 6/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, LizM said:

Wait what? Did you move to NJ?

Sorry I was trying to settle down and couldn't reply :) And yes I am in Jersey city now!

Timeline
On 6/5/2019 at 11:23 PM, George & Roth said:

Welcome to New Jersey. We had the green card by Feb 14 in hand after Jan 31 interview in Newark. Can’t wait to make those last 2 rows on my timeline from grey to blue! (751 & 400)

2 more to go my friend :) We came a looooong way still.

At least I am hearing Newark office has good reviews other than the wait so I am counting myself lucky.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Naes said:

Sorry I was trying to settle down and couldn't reply :) And yes I am in Jersey city now!

I thought about living in JC also but we moved to Westfield since it is good for families. 

2 of my closest friends live in JC and another one is next door in Hoboken, so I do enjoy some of the fine drinking establishments in your area. I love Oysters and if you do as well I recommend going here for Oysters and a glass of wine http://www.stingrayloungehoboken.com/

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Interview was yesterday.

They were quite friendly, and seemed to click well with my partner.

Asked a few standard questions, regarding to the application forms Infront of him, and just testing our knowledge about each other (like "when did we get married?").

Unfortunately, they did not tell us if we were approved. They said that if they need anything further that they will directly contact us, but he said he thinks he has everything already, and that they'll get our case reviewed asap.

He said to also expect a response, or the green card within the month.

Overall we felt like it went well?

They only asked for joint assets, photos, proof of a genuine relationship and etc.

I expected my nerves and anxiety to have ended by now but... Nope, almost feels worse because we didn't get a response (I know that it's not uncommon for this to happen, but... would have been nice I guess xD?)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am seeking help from you. My wife, step son and I went to interview 2 months ago. They said everything was okay except my wife's last name and typo in the birthday in step son's birth certificate translation. The officer asked us to show an official document that my wife uses my last name. Because I filled I-485 in accordance with the new last name. We showed the marriage cert and the certified copy what nothing is against to use the new last name. We were told that NY marriage license has a section at the bottom where shows the new last name, but not PA marriage license. We went to DMV to get the state ID with the new last name. Rejected because SAVE system did not give any information. Same thing happened in SSN that SAVE did not give information and I-94 expired. We went to judge who signed our marriage cert and he even did not understand the issue. I made an address registration with her new last name in USPS and we received that as an evidence. Also I took my wife to hospital before and she used the new last name. I put both documents and submitted to USCIS Albany, NY office 3 weeks ago. Praying and waiting now. How can we prove that my wife can use my last name without any restrictions?

Thanks and good luck everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.