Timeline
6 hours ago, streanor said:

Aw thank you so much! I'm delighted!!!! Now to job hunt EEEEK

eek indeed!
Good luck. Certainly beats sitting at home tho

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, streanor said:

My EAD arrived in the mail yesterday, but came with another bump in the road.. they didn't give me Combo Card with Advance Parol. I guess because they took 2 months after approving my AP to approve my EAD they mixed things up..UGH! I have made an inquiry to get my travel doc. Lucky I don't need to travel until later this year. No end to the drama with USCIS!!

Here's hoping all my luck is being saved for my job hunting 😄

unless am reading this wrong--
I thought that since you already received AP, your EAD will NOT be a combo card.
That's the whole point-- it was processed separate and apart from your AP.
But am pretty sure you might request to have a combo card. Though if you already have AP, not sure why you need a combo card. AP is sufficient to travel on its own.

Don't stress girl. Deep breaths. The end is almost near

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 hours ago, emekus94 said:

unless am reading this wrong--
I thought that since you already received AP, your EAD will NOT be a combo card.
That's the whole point-- it was processed separate and apart from your AP.
But am pretty sure you might request to have a combo card. Though if you already have AP, not sure why you need a combo card. AP is sufficient to travel on its own.

Don't stress girl. Deep breaths. The end is almost near

My AP was approved 2 months ago, I expected my EAD to be approved the same time or soon after but it wasn't. I never received any travel doc and was told on the USCIS helpline that when my EAD was finally approved I would get a combo card... but I didn't. I called USCIS yesterday and the guy I was speaking to said I should have got a travel doc within 30 days of AP approval but according to their records it was never sent. So clearly a mix up! I've submitted an inquiry to get my travel doc.

Thanks, I've given up on stressing, over the worst of the wait now!! :dance:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/10/2019 at 8:55 AM, LLNCE NIKOLOVA said:

Hi all!

My interview was on the 6th in Baltimore. 

The officer was a little weird and tried to confuse the hell out of us, asking the same questions 3 times, verifying our address, etc. Tried to make jokes "i am trying to confuse you to catch you lying" - that was the one that made me feel very uncomfortable. 

We did not have a lease together, since we live in a family property and sounded like just bills and insurance with both our names were not enough for him, to prove our relationship. My husband asked "what about the marriage certificate" and the officer said " well now a days anybody can just get married, this does not mean your relationship is bonafide" .. this just made me feel terrible. So overall ... we left with a bitter feeling.. BUT two days later - I got notification the case was approved and that the card is being produced. 

Thank God! Finally... The long wait is over ... for now. 

Good to hear you got the card, it sounds like that guy was a real jerk, it is a tense enough time at the interview without someone making it worse, the guy at our interview appeared to be bored if anything, just a civil servant doing a job and we had to wait  days to find out too, the people who are approved on the spot are lucky! Again congratulations. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/14/2019 at 4:32 PM, streanor said:

My AP was approved 2 months ago, I expected my EAD to be approved the same time or soon after but it wasn't. I never received any travel doc and was told on the USCIS helpline that when my EAD was finally approved I would get a combo card... but I didn't. I called USCIS yesterday and the guy I was speaking to said I should have got a travel doc within 30 days of AP approval but according to their records it was never sent. So clearly a mix up! I've submitted an inquiry to get my travel doc.

Thanks, I've given up on stressing, over the worst of the wait now!! :dance:

#Facepalm#
Oh USCIS. Struggle continues to be real down there.

Well either way- glad it's being all handled. phew!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 5/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, LLNCE NIKOLOVA said:

Hi all!

My interview was on the 6th in Baltimore. 

The officer was a little weird and tried to confuse the hell out of us, asking the same questions 3 times, verifying our address, etc. Tried to make jokes "i am trying to confuse you to catch you lying" - that was the one that made me feel very uncomfortable. 

We did not have a lease together, since we live in a family property and sounded like just bills and insurance with both our names were not enough for him, to prove our relationship. My husband asked "what about the marriage certificate" and the officer said " well now a days anybody can just get married, this does not mean your relationship is bonafide" .. this just made me feel terrible. So overall ... we left with a bitter feeling.. BUT two days later - I got notification the case was approved and that the card is being produced. 

Thank God! Finally... The long wait is over ... for now. 

We had an interview the same day in Baltimore. And still waiting for the case to be reviewed. 🤦‍♀️ The officer was not the one that was initially supposed to interview us. He seemed nice and friendly. But he didn’t say “I will recommend you to be approved” or anything, he looked through the photos, checked whatever documents we had, but only said his supervisor will have 2 weeks to review the case and that they have 120 days to make their decision, and that it was a common practice for this office. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Counting days - 105 left

199 since we filed 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/16/2019 at 11:58 AM, sumbunny said:

Had our interview (AOS from K1) here in Charlotte this morning, and it was sooooo easy! The officer was super friendly, asked if any information had changed, went through the yes/no questions,  and that was it. He didn't ask to see ANY of the documentation we brought with us, and said he was going to approve my husband's green card on the spot, and congratulated both of us at the end of the interview! Soooo thrilled to be done with this for at least a couple of years! YAY!

That's awesome.  Congratulations! Our interview is tomorrow in Charlotte,  fingers crossed that we have the same great experience that you did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 5/28/2019 at 11:18 AM, NashvilleFO said:

Anybody here from nashville filed office?

Hi, I guess we are... biometrics appointment was in Atlanta but we just got the 797 for the ARC interview and it's in Nashville - June 28.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Yulie77 said:

We had our interview on May 20, in San Antonio and today we received our green cards ♥️ 

How was the interview? Did you get approved on the spot? My LFO is San Antonio as well!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, BrazilianInTexas said:

How was the interview? Did you get approved on the spot? My LFO is San Antonio as well!

It went well. The lady who interviewed us was very easy going and was joking a lot. We went through the petition, the yes/no questions, then she asked how we met, how our relationship developed, what our parents think about our marriage and pretty much that was it. Since my girls are under 14, they were not asked any questions. 

1 hour ago, jhart1981 said:

Hi, I guess we are... biometrics appointment was in Atlanta but we just got the 797 for the ARC interview and it's in Nashville - June 28.

Interesting! Where are you located? I'm in NW GA.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, jhart1981 said:

Wow thats weird. Where do you guys live? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, jhart1981 said:

I’ve just seen you’re from chattanooga. Would you mind updating your timeline here 

? Its a forum for all nashville filers :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.