1,357 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2019 at 12:18 PM, Naes said:

Congrats!

May I ask what was your field office and when was the interview date? 

Chicago, IL. Interview was Apr 18.

Card in hand today!  Can’t believe it! So exciting for us - esp. the husband!!

Hi, guys we had our interview yesterday at Baltimore, MD! The officer was really nice and friendly, she mostly asked us questions about the applications, I was asked about I-130 and my husband was asked about I-485 and after that we were asked about how we met and if it was arrange or love and if we have any proof of us living together, luckily I took our wedding photos and our trips photos, I also took our joint account bank statements and the tax returned I filed for 2018 which was also joint. Once we were done she handed us a paper saying that our case needs to be reviewed and once it’s competed they will notify us if we are approved or denied. Our interview was at 10:45 am we were called in at 11:30 and we got done with our interview at 12:30, around 3pm our case status changed form interview scheduled to case is being held for review once competed we will mail you a notice and around 6pm it updated to new card being produced. I wish you guys all good luck, at least now we can rest for 2 years before filing for removal of  conditions. 😊

On 5/1/2019 at 6:04 PM, LLNCE NIKOLOVA said:

hi all, just FYI - today I woke up to approved Advance parole and Work permit .... BUT! i have my green card interview in 5 days ... seems a little bit stupid of them to issue it like a week before the GC interview, but well ... I guess it will be OK, since the issue of the GC may take a while. My interview will be in Baltimore and will let you know how it goes. 

Good luck, we had ours at Baltimore as well it’s good office and a lot of the officers are really friendly. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline
1 minute ago, streanor said:

EAD APPROVED!!!!! WOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

After 8 bloody months I cannot describe the relief!! HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!! 

Yay!!!!! 🎉

1 minute ago, streanor said:

Sounding the trumpets 🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺🎺

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got my interview date—June 14, in LA. No EAD or AP yet, though. 

Shocked to have gotten an interview so soon, I just got the "Ready to be Scheduled" notice a week ago. But I'll take it—super ready to move forward!

I would like to share my experience for all who are going to travel using Advance Parole. I just traveled internationally and came back to the U.S.

First, I lined up for ESTA/VISA visitor and handed combo card along with passport to the immigration officer.

After the first screening, the officer asked me to go to the another counter (as some of others already mentioned elsewhere).

At second counter, they screened combo card and passport again and asked me few questions - about occupation and importing personal belongings, no harsh interviews.

What I heard from the officer that people traveling with AP always need same process, going to another room/counter, to get AP stamp. (I guess only people are authorized can operate so.)  I am still waiting for GC interview. My local office is one of the busiest - Seattle - and keeping my fingers crossed😂

Hope this may help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, I haven't actually visited this forum for some time now, I hope everyone's applications are going smoothly!

Update on our case:

For starters we didn't file EAD or AP (due to complicated reasons), so we only filed the AOS and all the documents necessary to file it.

Today I checked my case's status, and it has updated (May 6th 2019), stating that our interview has been scheduled with a notice on the way to us - which is great!

But due to a stupid hold up (I blame the admin at H&R block!), We haven't received the ITIN number yet, which was supposed to help us out with getting a state ID card, bank account, insurances, and etc.

Only... We haven't received it yet - grr.

So! Is anyone else in a similar predicament? We don't really have much evidence to bring to the interview at the moment. Only one letter that says I'm my partner's beneficiary, wedding certificate, and some other nick nacks like photos, receipts, and etc.

We're going to bring as much as we can but...

Any suggestions? Advice?

I could be overthinking this... 

Edited by Linkie

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Linkie said:

So, I haven't actually visited this forum for some time now, I hope everyone's applications are going smoothly!

Update on our case:

For starters we didn't file EAD or AP (due to complicated reasons), so we only filed the AOS and all the documents necessary to file it.

Today I checked my case's status, and it has updated (May 6th 2019), stating that our interview has been scheduled with a notice on the way to us - which is great!

But due to a stupid hold up (I blame the admin at H&R block!), We haven't received the ITIN number yet, which was supposed to help us out with getting a state ID card, bank account, insurances, and etc.

So! Is anyone else in a similar predicament? We don't really have much evidence to bring to the interview at the moment. Only one letter that says I'm my partner's beneficiary, wedding certificate, and some other nick nacks like photos, receipts, and etc.

Any suggestions? Advice?

Lease, health insurance, beneficiary of health insurance, 401k beneficiary, power of attorney, utility bills, wedding pictures, pictures after wedding till now, any vacation tickets, if it comes down to that then affidavit from a third party.

you don’t need ssn to be on lease or utility bills or any of these (not sure about power of attorney tho)

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi all!

My interview was on the 6th in Baltimore. 

The officer was a little weird and tried to confuse the hell out of us, asking the same questions 3 times, verifying our address, etc. Tried to make jokes "i am trying to confuse you to catch you lying" - that was the one that made me feel very uncomfortable. 

We did not have a lease together, since we live in a family property and sounded like just bills and insurance with both our names were not enough for him, to prove our relationship. My husband asked "what about the marriage certificate" and the officer said " well now a days anybody can just get married, this does not mean your relationship is bonafide" .. this just made me feel terrible. So overall ... we left with a bitter feeling.. BUT two days later - I got notification the case was approved and that the card is being produced. 

Thank God! Finally... The long wait is over ... for now. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/3/2019 at 3:09 PM, streanor said:

I've been stalking your profile every damn week to see this
SOOOOOOOO very happy for you and Patrick! Congratulationsssssssssssssssss 

Edited by emekus94

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 5/10/2019 at 6:22 PM, emekus94 said:

I've been stalking your profile every damn week to see this
SOOOOOOOO very happy for you and Patrick! Congratulationsssssssssssssssss 

Aw thank you so much! I'm delighted!!!! Now to job hunt EEEEK

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

My EAD arrived in the mail yesterday, but came with another bump in the road.. they didn't give me Combo Card with Advance Parol. I guess because they took 2 months after approving my AP to approve my EAD they mixed things up..UGH! I have made an inquiry to get my travel doc. Lucky I don't need to travel until later this year. No end to the drama with USCIS!!

Here's hoping all my luck is being saved for my job hunting 😄

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 5/9/2019 at 3:48 PM, Linkie said:

Update on our case:

Any suggestions? Advice?

Wow so lucky! I'm still waiting for my interview but I'm in the same boat as you. I did not apply for EAD or AP as well. I was reading that having a power of attorney, wedding certificate, wedding photos and photos in general should be enough. If you're paranoid like me though you'll just take everything and more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.