1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Hello everyone! 

Does anyone here have issues on updating their information at Social Security Office? It’s been 7weeks now I still don’t have my SS replacement card (last name change) went back today to the office they’re saying that Homeland Security haven’t verified my Immigration status. I don’t know what else to do... :(

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Hello everyone! 

Does anyone here have issues on updating their information at Social Security Office? It’s been 7weeks now I still don’t have my SS replacement card (last name change) went back today to the office they’re saying that Homeland Security haven’t verified my Immigration status. I don’t know what else to do... :(

did you check your status on SAVE?

they sent mine to be checked too but the case return rather fast. faster than my first one at least.

try googling USCIS save check and check if your case has returned

19 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Hello everyone! 

Sorry I forgot where I was responding too.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

21 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Hello everyone! 

Did you not reapply on your I765 form to receive it after your EAD was issued?

I did and mine arrived within 10 days.

But it comes from the head office in Maryland not your local SSA.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Naes said:

did you check your status on SAVE?

they sent mine to be checked too but the case return rather fast. faster than my first one at least.

try googling USCIS save check and check if your case has returned

I just checked it now it says ‘send back to agency - SS Maryland . Do you know what should I do next?

NOA1:

Timeline
10 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Did you not reapply on your I765 form to receive it after your EAD was issued?

I did and mine arrived within 10 days.

But it comes from the head office in Maryland not your local SSA.

I got my SS when I arrived here in US using I-94 thinking it is quicker to just change my last name after my wedding or when I got my Ead card

NOA1:

6 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

I got my SS when I arrived here in US using I-94 thinking it is quicker to just change my last name after my wedding or when I got my Ead card

So that means you did not apply for a replacement card on the I765 in your married name then? You could have done both, tried to change your name at your local SSA AND applied for a replacement on the I765.

Are you now attempting to change it at your loc SSA instead?

If so you are going to have to go back to your local SSA with a screenshot of your Save status showing them the date when it was "returned to agency" and ask them why its taking so long. Likely they have had it for a really long time and it's just sitting on someone's desk collecting dust and they are pretending they havent received the okay from DHS. The Save status proves they have received the okay and when they were allowed to issue it.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

So that means you did not apply for a replacement card on the I765 in your married name then? You could have done both, tried to change your name at your local SSA AND applied for a replacement on the I765.

Are you now attempting to change it at your loc SSA instead?

If so you are going to have to go back to your local SSA with a screenshot of your Save status showing them the date when it was "returned to agency" and ask them why its taking so long. Likely they have had it for a really long time and it's just sitting on someone's desk collecting dust and they are pretending they havent received the okay from DHS. The Save status proves they have received the okay and when they were allowed to issue it.

I didn’t know that I can request for replacement on card on the application.

i already went today and they say it’s still pending, the person that handles my case said that he already do a follow up and still haven’t heard anything back yet. On the USCIS save check it says 

B9D93F6F-75AF-4DDB-9BC4-39DE21B97E37.jpeg

NOA1:

1 hour ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

I didn’t know that I can request for replacement on card on the application.

Yes, you could have even if you already had already applied for your married name card at your local SSA. 

i already went today and they say it’s still pending, the person that handles my case said that he already do a follow up and still haven’t heard anything back yet. On the USCIS save check it says 

B9D93F6F-75AF-4DDB-9BC4-39DE21B97E37.jpeg

That's just the legend. You need to look at your actual status and screen shot the whole thing. Mine shows a different case and not my SSN application so disregard that but screen shot the whole thing so they can see your status as "Returned to Agency", which agency as it will say SSA Maryland, and the important part (WHEN).

20190430_231800.jpg

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline
34 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

That's just the legend. You need to look at your actual status and screen shot the whole thing. Mine shows a different case and not my SSN application so disregard that but screen shot the whole thing so they can see your status as "Returned to Agency", which agency as it will say SSA Maryland, and the important part (WHEN).

20190430_231800.jpg

It says it was sent to Maryland - March 12,2019 which was the date I went to my local SS Office to change my last name. It’s been 7weekS. You mean to say that I need to go back to SS office then show them this? 

Edited by dynesyzygy24
Need to add more

NOA1:

3 hours ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

It says it was sent to Maryland - March 12,2019 which was the date I went to my local SS Office to change my last name. It’s been 7weekS. You mean to say that I need to go back to SS office then show them this? 

As long as your case status at the top says "returned to agency" then yes. ASAP!

Timeline
5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

As long as your case status at the top says "returned to agency" then yes. ASAP!

Should I go to the same office or its okay to go to different SS Office? 

NOA1:

38 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Should I go to the same office or its okay to go to different SS Office? 

You'll need to go to the same office as Maryland would have sent your application back there. It's obviously sitting on someone's desk there if they returned it there in March.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

You'll need to go to the same office as Maryland would have sent your application back there. It's obviously sitting on someone's desk there if they returned it there in March.

Thank you so much, will go back tomorrow and will update here. 

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

hi all, just FYI - today I woke up to approved Advance parole and Work permit .... BUT! i have my green card interview in 5 days ... seems a little bit stupid of them to issue it like a week before the GC interview, but well ... I guess it will be OK, since the issue of the GC may take a while. My interview will be in Baltimore and will let you know how it goes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.