1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
22 hours ago, Naes said:

Thank you! 

I am actually still trying to figure out but i am but I am kind of scared as I don’t know the area...so you by chance know anything about jersey city? 

Hey @Naes sorry for the delay, check your inbox. @streanor is right there are some cool bars and it's very vibrant, just depends on which section of the city you are in. Liberty State Park is always nice and has one of the best views of NYC aross the water, but not all places are the best in my opinion. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 4/19/2019 at 1:11 AM, Naes said:

I simply find this last part rude and unnecessary. 

Again just because you are ok with something, doesn't have to mean every body has to feel same way. 

You don't have to bring my words back to me as I am not bringing your past here, which is not even important but yes if I am to wait for 22 months then I'd rather wait for 24, there is a reason for that. But If I am not waiting for that long and someone around me under similar circumstances got their interview or GC, it is only normal, logical and smart for someone to wonder how their case is processing. 

So the best part to avoid these stupid questions would be skipping. 

Whatever....

No one saying that i feel somehow different, somehow happier, no, we are all in stress about all of this process. 

I didnt mean anything bad or rude to anyone here, just wrote about annoying questions. Thats it.

Same as YOU been saying in OCTOBER K1 FIANCE VISA FEED about some annoying questions. 

Do whatever you want, ask whatever you want, I dont care about this forum (this feed) anymore. 

P.S. didnt know that you will be the most impulsive person on  this forum, but its ok, maybe thats who you really are. 

Wish good luck to everyone.

Peace and love 

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey everyone, 

Hope you've all had good Easters, just made a post in the October filers  - as I filed in October and am still waiting on EAD/AP. Can't imagine what it's like for the people here whom are still waiting as I've gone out of my mind already so I can only imagine how crazy it is for the Sept filers who are still waiting but I've been trying to get some light shed on what's going on... Anyway wanted to post the information here also, as I'm hoping it might help others whom are still waiting.

I gave a call to USCIS today to speak to a Tier 2 agent. Spoke with someone today and was told that nothing had been touched on my case since Nov last year! He said that there was a huge backlog at NBC for EAD and AP's and that the last time someone called in he was advised to give the Ombudsman number, especially as I'm still within 'Normal Processing Times', even though I'm about a week away from being outside Normal Processing Times now. He understood my frustration and gave me the Ombudsman number. I proceeded to call the Ombudsman [(202) 357-8100] and they told me just to fill out a form online ( https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx ) - which I have done but don't know if it's gone through as I've yet to receive a confirmation email. [It apparently doesn't work on Chrome or Firefox and you have to use Internet Explorer? - But I managed to work it on Chrome, if I don't receive any confirmation by tomorrow, will re-submit after re-downloading Internet Explorer...]

I am not sure if this will help anyone else, with chasing their case inquiries but if it does, glad to pass on the information - I know we are all going stir crazy in waiting. Here's to hoping we get some solid responses to everyone whose sent in a case inquiry or information for RFE/RFIE this week.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Hemzi said:

Hey everyone, 

Hope you've all had good Easters, just made a post in the October filers  - as I filed in October and am still waiting on EAD/AP. Can't imagine what it's like for the people here whom are still waiting as I've gone out of my mind already so I can only imagine how crazy it is for the Sept filers who are still waiting but I've been trying to get some light shed on what's going on... Anyway wanted to post the information here also, as I'm hoping it might help others whom are still waiting.

I gave a call to USCIS today to speak to a Tier 2 agent. Spoke with someone today and was told that nothing had been touched on my case since Nov last year! He said that there was a huge backlog at NBC for EAD and AP's and that the last time someone called in he was advised to give the Ombudsman number, especially as I'm still within 'Normal Processing Times', even though I'm about a week away from being outside Normal Processing Times now. He understood my frustration and gave me the Ombudsman number. I proceeded to call the Ombudsman [(202) 357-8100] and they told me just to fill out a form online ( https://cisomb.dhs.gov/oca/form7001.aspx ) - which I have done but don't know if it's gone through as I've yet to receive a confirmation email. [It apparently doesn't work on Chrome or Firefox and you have to use Internet Explorer? - But I managed to work it on Chrome, if I don't receive any confirmation by tomorrow, will re-submit after re-downloading Internet Explorer...]

I am not sure if this will help anyone else, with chasing their case inquiries but if it does, glad to pass on the information - I know we are all going stir crazy in waiting. Here's to hoping we get some solid responses to everyone whose sent in a case inquiry or information for RFE/RFIE this week.

Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm coming close to 8 months waiting and waiting for response for my second inquiry after they didn't respond to my first one. I'm now working on getting help from my local congressman but I'm going to try this too! Thanks again, hope we all hear soon!!

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@SanaW or anyone who knows about address change:

I remember you saying you moved and changed address during the aos process.. I wanted to ask if you had to change anything else but your address with USCIS. I am assuming cause my husbands I-864 is not active yet the only address I will need to change is for I-485.. but I am not sure if I need to change anything else.

3 minutes ago, Naes said:

@SanaW or anyone who knows about address change:

I remember you saying you moved and changed address during the aos process.. I wanted to ask if you had to change anything else but your address with USCIS. I am assuming cause my husbands I-864 is not active yet the only address I will need to change is for I-485.. but I am not sure if I need to change anything else.

@Naes we already had our new address on our bank statements and bills but that’s about it so we only went on to the website and changed our address to new address but because I had been it MD for almost 6 months and had to show dual residency on my taxes. As long as you have your drivers license updated to your new address and are getting some bills or mail on your new address you should be fine. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, SanaW said:

@Naes we already had our new address on our bank statements and bills but that’s about it so we only went on to the website and changed our address to new address but because I had been it MD for almost 6 months and had to show dual residency on my taxes. As long as you have your drivers license updated to your new address and are getting some bills or mail on your new address you should be fine. 

Thank you so much! I will be doing it online then!

Did your sponsor change address on I-864 with I-865? or did you just take a new one to the interview with you? 

Edited by Naes
changed wording to be more accurate

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Update: My EAD/AP was finally approved on April 25th, and shows new card is being produced.

Unfortunately, My EAD came out too late, since I already pass my interview for the F2B Category (April 11th), and my immigrant visa will be available next month (according the visa bulletin of May 2019). Yay ☺️

211 days or 7 months to wait for an approval of the EAD. My PD, September 26th.

I think the inquiry I made on March 23th about my case being outside of processing times help me for an approval (just before when processing times went backward again the next day).. In the ***removed*** forum, another beneficiary from September reported good news after made the same inquiry I did. It looks a lot of the cases from September and October were severely affected by the goverment shutdown.

My case is is F2B (Mother petition for single son over 21), I had my interview on April 11 and everything went well, just waiting for visa availability ( which will be next month).

Good Luck to everyone.

Edited by juan2587

Just wanted to share with you all that we got APPROVED!  We didn’t think we’d get approved this soon, much less have our interview at all by now. We were way under quoted processing times.

USC Marriage-based AoS

Chicago Field Office

130, 485, 765, and 601 filed concurrently

Filed Date Sept 6, 2018

Can’t wait for the card to be produced and mailed!  For all of you waiting, keep the faith and best of luck!

Edited by Boystown

Timeline
2 hours ago, Boystown said:

Just wanted to share with you all that we got APPROVED!  We didn’t think we’d get approved this soon, much less have our interview at all by now. We were way under quoted processing times.

USC Marriage-based AoS

Chicago Field Office

130, 485, 765, and 601 filed concurrently

Filed Date Sept 6, 2018

Can’t wait for the card to be produced and mailed!  For all of you waiting, keep the faith and best of luck!

Congrats!

May I ask what was your field office and when was the interview date? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 4/18/2019 at 10:02 AM, Mr & Mr said:

But why you on hurry with your green card. As for me, i prefer them to take a bit more then 2 years to process our file and get already 10 years green card, than to have interview now and then having headache after 2 years again with the same process and interview for removal conditions... just relax, get your work authorisation, your travel document and enjoy your life with your husband/wife. Less headache and less money to spend.

The AP is only good for 1 year and the EAD is only good for 1,5 years (including extension letter). From what I've seen lately, people who applied for a renewal for both (on time) just never got their renewed EAD/AP, what caused some people to get fired because they were not legally able to work anymore. 

I see your point of the 10 yr thing (and that's fine, nothing wrong with that), but I'd rather spend an extra  go through ROC than losing my job, and I think a lot of people on here have that same mindset. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.