1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, AnJay said:

Thank you for the review as its my office too and not too many people from WI on here :) 

I do get asked by people I meet why did you come and live in Wisconsin, like I should really go and see a physiatrist!

A few things I should have included in interview review. The guy was the typical 'bored government official' but he was ok,  he didn't us ask for any photo's or other proof of a relationship but we had spent over 2 days putting the folder together so as far as I was concerned he was darn well going to take some of it! so I all but forced him to put some photos and other papers we brought into the file, I am not sure if it is the right thing to do but as we left I shook his hand and said "thank you" which seemed to surprise him. One other little point, like us, everyone waiting for their interview were quite well dressed.

So we now get 20 months off before we have to start with the 10 year green card, we should have known this wasn't going to be easy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

But why you on hurry with your green card. As for me, i prefer them to take a bit more then 2 years to process our file and get already 10 years green card, than to have interview now and then having headache after 2 years again with the same process and interview for removal conditions... just relax, get your work authorisation, your travel document and enjoy your life with your husband/wife. Less headache and less money to spend.

Actually, I'm the K1 visa petitioner (born in raised here in NJ). So for me I don't need to rush to get the green card, I'm a US citizen. I have not had a lot of good experiences with the process, ie loss of paperwork, at embassy and here, so I rather the process hurry along. I'm definitely enjoying my spouse but like many others can probably attest, sometimes you just want to get them out your hair even if it's just for 2 years. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, MikeandMeg said:

Actually, I'm the K1 visa petitioner (born in raised here in NJ). So for me I don't need to rush to get the green card, I'm a US citizen. I have not had a lot of good experiences with the process, ie loss of paperwork, at embassy and here, so I rather the process hurry along. I'm definitely enjoying my spouse but like many others can probably attest, sometimes you just want to get them out your hair even if it's just for 2 years. 

But thats the point, youve sent all your paperwork, you got EAD and AP. So thats it, green card its just a card, same as AP doesnt garantee anything. You shouldnt be worry about anything while you waiting for your GC, just let it go. Once it will pass normal timeframe, then yes, you can start thinking about it. If they loose something, thats gonna be theirs fault, even if you will have to submit paperwork again, you will dont have to wait again that long wait, they should take you right after. 

We are happy that ive got EAD and AP, so i can live here normally, having a job, travel, etc. Once they ready, im glad for them. The worst part of this process when we wanted to be on harry, it was visa process, as we wanted to be next to each other asap, now we are together, i have all documents that i need (as i said before "for normal life") and just forgot abour uscis for sometime. 

THIS PART IS TO EVERYONE, NOT DIRECTLY TO YOU:

Some people are crazy even to wait for a letter in mailbox. You got approved for AP or EAD, you see this update, so just patiently wait for a letter, we all know that letters goes about 10 days in avarage, so just wait. The worst part that people dont even read previous comments from other users,just lazy i guess, but instead of asking so simple questions over and over again, just scroll feed and read, sometimes you can even find answers for questions that you will have in future. Some people still waiting for even status update, and you going crazy with this stupid questions " when i will get the letter and card" - never, that was just a joke update on uscis page. Really, people, be patient. All goes as it should be. All in our lives as it should be. 

You are already with your loved one, so just enjoy your life together, once something change, you will get your "happy letter" in mailbox and email. 

Peace and live to everyone.

P.S. and yes, you are really welcome to share your stories of your interview experience, your process experience, all what people really should know about the process.

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

But thats the point, youve sent all your paperwork, you got EAD and AP. So thats it, green card its just a card, same as AP doesnt garantee anything. You shouldnt be worry about anything while you waiting for your GC, just let it go. Once it will pass normal timeframe, then yes, you can start thinking about it. If they loose something, thats gonna be theirs fault, even if you will have to submit paperwork again, you will dont have to wait again that long wait, they should take you right after. 

We are happy that ive got EAD and AP, so i can live here normally, having a job, travel, etc. Once they ready, im glad for them. The worst part of this process when we wanted to be on harry, it was visa process, as we wanted to be next to each other asap, now we are together, i have all documents that i need (as i said before "for normal life") and just forgot abour uscis for sometime. 

Some people are crazy even to wait for a letter in mailbox. You got approved for AP or EAD, you see this update, so just patiently wait for a letter, we all know that letters goes about 10 days in avarage, so just wait. The worst part that people dont even read previous comments from other users,just lazy i guess, but instead of asking so simple questions over and over again, just scroll feed and read, sometimes you can even find answers for questions that you will have in future. Some people still waiting for even status update, and you going crazy with this stupid questions " when i will get the letter and card" - never, that was just a joke update on uscis page. Really, people, be patient. All goes as it should be. All in our lives as it should be. 

You are already with your loved one, so just enjoy your life together, once something change, you will get your "happy letter" in mailbox and email. 

P.S. and yes, you are really welcome to share your stories of your interview experience, your process experience, all what people really should know about the process.

Ok so first of all I am extremely glad you are in a position to be happy for AP or EAD. I am too.

However before you start calling it crazy or impatient;

It coming in the mail fast was extremely important cause we only had savings for 5 months. I had a job opportunity. As a person who worked her whole life, not working for 5 months was in plans but about 7 months was not. You also never know if it will reach your address. Cause some things get lost, and I like to keep track. 

I need a driving license too, because I am in an isolated area, and in California no license means no life... you are a prisoner in home. It is not much different than waiting for NOA1 and worrying yours didn't come, and checking how long others took..

Did you know you can't build credit on most ways if you didn't get your Green Card and removed the "Need work authorization" from your social security number? Like I couldn't even jointly apply to a loan with my husband, nor it would affect my credit score.. nor would I have a credit score...or a credit card even though my salary is way higher than many people. I need all these to be able to live a normal life. And no I didn't know any of these until it came across because nobody has information on this kind of things.

So you go be happy, please be. I am sure everyone understand it will come when it does. But please stop calling people with maybe less patience, more anxiety, more excitement or whatever is different than your situation be themselves without feeling guilty too.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

Wise words my friend, people are over stressing, I think it causes a lot of worry when others people are getting a head of others in the time line, I was surprised we had our interview now, I really didn't expect it until June / July time, but as you wrote we are here with our loved ones,  try and relax and enjoy life, I know I have been since my arrival in August last year, it is nice to have some down time from working!

Edited by colin57

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

Thanks for the peace and life but honestly your kind of response is why I rarely post on here, only if I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to. I was just happy to see someone from Newark getting an interview that was around the same time I filed. We went through a lot with the process, like I am certain so many others have. So sorry I got excited to see that they worked on a date around ours. 

I am not sure why my post warranted such a response, I was just genuinely excited to see the Newark, NJ field office moving when I know from close friends and relatives how daunting the experience can be. I am excited and eager just like many others to really establish many aspects of our lives, but unfortunately have to sit and wait for my husband to obtain his greencard in irder to do so. Peace and blessings to you too, but please be mindful of telling others how they show, act, react and feel. We are all in the same boat, but have different feelings about what we are going through. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MikeandMeg said:

Thanks for the peace and life but honestly your kind of response is why I rarely post on here, only if I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to. I was just happy to see someone from Newark getting an interview that was around the same time I filed. We went through a lot with the process, like I am certain so many others have. So sorry I got excited to see that they worked on a date around ours. 

I am not sure why my post warranted such a response, I was just genuinely excited to see the Newark, NJ field office moving when I know from close friends and relatives how daunting the experience can be. I am excited and eager just like many others to really establish many aspects of our lives, but unfortunately have to sit and wait for my husband to obtain his greencard in irder to do so. Peace and blessings to you too, but please be mindful of telling others how they show, act, react and feel. We are all in the same boat, but have different feelings about what we are going through. 

Hey! It is so nice to see you cause I was actually searching for someone from NJ! I am about to move to NJ and field office says Newark office after I change my address!

Please keep me updated too :) It is really exciting when you find someone from your field office getting some progress!

6 hours ago, colin57 said:

I do get asked by people I meet why did you come and live in Wisconsin, like I should really go and see a physiatrist!

A few things I should have included in interview review. The guy was the typical 'bored government official' but he was ok,  he didn't us ask for any photo's or other proof of a relationship but we had spent over 2 days putting the folder together so as far as I was concerned he was darn well going to take some of it! so I all but forced him to put some photos and other papers we brought into the file, I am not sure if it is the right thing to do but as we left I shook his hand and said "thank you" which seemed to surprise him. One other little point, like us, everyone waiting for their interview were quite well dressed.

So we now get 20 months off before we have to start with the 10 year green card, we should have known this wasn't going to be easy!

Lol thank you! Well I like Wisconsin haha:) I thought process might be fast here, but there is alot immigrants here. I have some friends who moved here also and went through the process in Milwaukee. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Naes said:

Hey! It is so nice to see you cause I was actually searching for someone from NJ! I am about to move to NJ and field office says Newark office after I change my address!

Please keep me updated too :) It is really exciting when you find someone from your field office getting some progress!

Hi @Naes, I thought I wrote this earlier but I guess it didn't go through. Any updates I get I always will post, so keep on following and I will be doing the same for you. Sidenote, we were actually in the K1 visa forum for August too and you were such a wealth of information in there, hopefully I can return the favor. :)

Safe travels to the East Coast, welcome to New Jersey and I hope you & your family enjoy the Garden State. :)

Timeline
11 hours ago, Naes said:

Ok so first of all I am extremely glad you are in a position to be happy for AP or EAD. I am too.

However before you start calling it crazy or impatient;

It coming in the mail fast was extremely important cause we only had savings for 5 months. I had a job opportunity. As a person who worked her whole life, not working for 5 months was in plans but about 7 months was not. You also never know if it will reach your address. Cause some things get lost, and I like to keep track. 

I need a driving license too, because I am in an isolated area, and in California no license means no life... you are a prisoner in home. It is not much different than waiting for NOA1 and worrying yours didn't come, and checking how long others took..

Did you know you can't build credit on most ways if you didn't get your Green Card and removed the "Need work authorization" from your social security number? Like I couldn't even jointly apply to a loan with my husband, nor it would affect my credit score.. nor would I have a credit score...or a credit card even though my salary is way higher than many people. I need all these to be able to live a normal life. And no I didn't know any of these until it came across because nobody has information on this kind of things.

So you go be happy, please be. I am sure everyone understand it will come when it does. But please stop calling people with maybe less patience, more anxiety, more excitement or whatever is different than your situation be themselves without feeling guilty too.

1st: in the mail it will come as it will come, you just have to wait. As i said before: we all know that mail takes about 10 days.

2nd: we didnt have any savings, and we were expecting to get AED in 3 month, as we checked timeframe before my coming here (also august)

3rd: how you can keep track by asking people how long it will take to reach your address? You have your tracking number and you can track it on usps web page, its even showing you an astimated arrival date.

4th: driving license you can get even without your AED/AP (temporary, but you can easily change it after you get docs)

5th: im building my credit without GC, ive even been approved for a credit card by myself even before ive got my AED/AP. Limit is 800$ but ive already have credit score (good). All what we had in that bank, is joint account, but when i applied for credit card, ive choose to not secure it by debit card. And got approved. So all depends on bank you choose. Even you can sign bills to your name (phone, utilities etc) and ask to report to credit bureau, and already will start to build your credit history. 

And yes, i feel as prisoner too, also without car mission is impossible, but somehow im dealing with that, bought a bike for now, much healthier than a car :)

When i was waiting for AED/AP been reading forums, learned some info. Then been doing gardening in our house(all neighbours in shock about our house)

I didnt say anything about asking people for advice, or real questions, i just said to stop asking "stupid" questions, as "When it will arrive?" - no one knows when it will arrive, only mail man does and only when he/she will have it in hands. 

Even you said some time ago, that you want to have a GC or right after applying or after 2 years. Thats your words.

@MikeandMeg sorry, if i made you feel that way, but i didnt mean you or some one else specificly, i just said in overal, thats annoying to read all the time same question about "when it will come" or "omg, when i will get interview date." We will get it when we will get it. Just saying, as soon as you will stop thinking of it, it will come to you ;)

K-1 journey

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/27/2018 - NVC left

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

Timeline

@Naes and yes, i said only that people going crazy by being unpatient, thats all what i said. 

K-1 journey

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/27/2018 - NVC left

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

1st: in the mail it will come as it will come, you just have to wait. As i said before: we all know that mail takes about 10 days.

Not really, sometimes it doesn't come, and being able to know what's the average helps when you suddenly don't get it in the mail for long than that... 

2nd: we didnt have any savings, and we were expecting to get AED in 3 month, as we checked timeframe before my coming here (also august)

That is not my problem. I just wrote what was important to me and for me. If you are happy with what you have again I am happy for you. But I have a quality of life I would like to pursue

3rd: how you can keep track by asking people how long it will take to reach your address? You have your tracking number and you can track it on usps web page, its even showing you an astimated arrival date.

Because usps actually works with area not with one street. And well guess what it was correct.. which doesn't even matter I might be just asking for relaxing myself.

4th: driving license you can get even without your AED/AP (temporary, but you can easily change it after you get docs)

Actually... Not everywhere. In California you can get an AB60 - which is not really made for people who has SSN...  so nope it doesn't work like that everywhere..

5th: im building my credit without GC, ive even been approved for a credit card by myself even before ive got my AED/AP. Limit is 800$ but ive already have credit score (good). All what we had in that bank, is joint account, but when i applied for credit card, ive choose to not secure it by debit card. And got approved. So all depends on bank you choose. Even you can sign bills to your name (phone, utilities etc) and ask to report to credit bureau, and already will start to build your credit history. 

Awesome for you! Mine didn't. And that is pretty much it for me. Just so you know, phone and utilities doesn't increase your credit it only works for decreasing. 

And yes, i feel as prisoner too, also without car mission is impossible, but somehow im dealing with that, bought a bike for now, much healthier than a car :)

When i was waiting for AED/AP been reading forums, learned some info. Then been doing gardening in our house(all neighbours in shock about our house)

I didnt say anything about asking people for advice, or real questions, i just said to stop asking "stupid" questions, as "When it will arrive?" - no one knows when it will arrive, only mail man does and only when he/she will have it in hands. 

Even you said some time ago, that you want to have a GC or right after applying or after 2 years. Thats your words.

@MikeandMeg sorry, if i made you feel that way, but i didnt mean you or some one else specificly, i just said in overal, thats annoying to read all the time same question about "when it will come" or "omg, when i will get interview date." We will get it when we will get it. Just saying, as soon as you will stop thinking of it, it will come to you ;)

I simply find this last part rude and unnecessary. 

Again just because you are ok with something, doesn't have to mean every body has to feel same way. 

You don't have to bring my words back to me as I am not bringing your past here, which is not even important but yes if I am to wait for 22 months then I'd rather wait for 24, there is a reason for that. But If I am not waiting for that long and someone around me under similar circumstances got their interview or GC, it is only normal, logical and smart for someone to wonder how their case is processing. 

So the best part to avoid these stupid questions would be skipping. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, MikeandMeg said:

Hi @Naes, I thought I wrote this earlier but I guess it didn't go through. Any updates I get I always will post, so keep on following and I will be doing the same for you. Sidenote, we were actually in the K1 visa forum for August too and you were such a wealth of information in there, hopefully I can return the favor. :)

Safe travels to the East Coast, welcome to New Jersey and I hope you & your family enjoy the Garden State. :)

Thank you! 

I am actually still trying to figure out but i am but I am kind of scared as I don’t know the area...so you by chance know anything about jersey city? 

Timeline

2 hours ago, Mr & Mr said:

We all live in different states. I made an attempt to obtain under the AB60 program(Californian driver's license valid only in the state).  These Driver's license for people who can not provide two documents that prove their identity. Accordingly, you can file an application for them, but the documents that you submit must be sent for investigation. The investigation period 6 months and more. If the documents are approved (no one gives guarantees), then it will be possible to take a written test. Perhaps this is not bad for immigrants who come here illegally, but for people who came here  by K1 visa, it seems to me that this is a absurd procedure.🤨

2 hours ago, Mr & Mr said:

5th: im building my credit without GC, ive even been approved for a credit card by myself even before ive got my AED/AP. Limit is 800$ but ive already have credit score (good). All what we had in that bank, is joint account, but when i applied for credit card, ive choose to not secure it by debit card. And got approved. So all depends on bank you choose.

I applied to all banks (Los Angeles). Without SSN it is impossible to open even not secure card ( joint account too). I can not get SSN, because I do not have EAD ( my waiting time 196 days already or 6 months and 15 days)🙄

When I filed the Applications waiting time  was 3-5 months, now this time has increased to 5-7 month and the operator USCIS told me that they can increase this time many times and for any time. After 2 weeks I have a plan to submit my request to USCIS (if they do not increase the deadline again), but this does not mean that USCIS will send me immediately my EAD. According to the experience of the members of the forum, they send a letter in which they said that they will give an answer within 30 days.

Edited by ira1712

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

@Naes I've visited Jersey City, it's a really cool spot, very vibrant with lots of bars, restaurants, things going on. Plus it's just a stones throw away to NYC which is always fun to have nearby to visit. Hope you love it there!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.