1,357 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, truetrue1982 said:

Yes nothing here. Filed 9/5 NOA 9/7/18. Hopefully something good will happen soon.

I hope you dont mind I share your sadness in the November thread? There was a smart aleck in there last night who needs a touch of reality.

PS. Hang in there hunny. 🙏🙏🙏

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, anna lucia said:

Hello! Are there september filers without interview scheduled or EAD yet? I really hope your documents get approved soon! Im from october and I didnt get anything either, 175 days now waiting. 

Got EAD last week but no interview date.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The tracking app said that my interview was scheduled:)))) my field office is Newark , nj. Does anyone knows how long it takes till I have the appointment letter ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
17 hours ago, anna lucia said:

Hello! Are there september filers without interview scheduled or EAD yet? I really hope your documents get approved soon! Im from october and I didnt get anything either, 175 days now waiting. 

Yup, still waiting, 225 days. Just submitted my second enquiry for being outside processing times after getting no response from first one. Still hopeful it comes any day now!

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
6 hours ago, Vanessa94 said:

The tracking app said that my interview was scheduled:)))) my field office is Newark , nj. Does anyone knows how long it takes till I have the appointment letter ? 

Week tops

3 hours ago, streanor said:

Yup, still waiting, 225 days. Just submitted my second enquiry for being outside processing times after getting no response from first one. Still hopeful it comes any day now!

225 is just ridiculous. Have you reached out to any of your local members of congress? From my understanding, USCIS is obligated to respond to inquiries made my government officials within a certain amount of time. We did that with my husband's EAD/AP and someone from the NBC responded to our congresswoman in about a week. 

So sorry you've been waiting so long. I hope it comes really soon! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, haileyfarrar said:

225 is just ridiculous. Have you reached out to any of your local members of congress? From my understanding, USCIS is obligated to respond to inquiries made my government officials within a certain amount of time. We did that with my husband's EAD/AP and someone from the NBC responded to our congresswoman in about a week. 

So sorry you've been waiting so long. I hope it comes really soon! 

No I haven't reached out to local members of congress yet. I really just wasn't sure how to go about it.. any tips would be really appreciated!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Vanessa94 said:

nice! Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, streanor said:

No I haven't reached out to local members of congress yet. I really just wasn't sure how to go about it.. any tips would be really appreciated!

When I was doing my K1 I got out of processing times, issued the inquiry on the phone and online, nobody answered and i contacted the congresswoman. After 9 months waiting I got the approval. I think you should try...

2 hours ago, streanor said:

I would highly recommend doing so - If anything it offered us some peace of mind knowing someone was looking into our case, and that it wasn't forgotten. 

Your info on the side bar says you're from New York? Assuming that is correct (I'm so sorry if not lol), I looked up the New York senators and found Kirsten Gillibrand. Fill out her contact form and tell her what's been going on! There is a box for "immigration" that you can check under categories. Here is a link to her contact form: https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/contact/email-me

I did the same exact thing with one of the Nevada senators. I got a confirmation email shortly after submitting the contact form, which instructed me to call her office if I required assistance with a government agency. As it was applicable to me, I called in and her office staff got started on the inquiry process right away. Hope this helps! Good luck! 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, haileyfarrar said:

I would highly recommend doing so - If anything it offered us some peace of mind knowing someone was looking into our case, and that it wasn't forgotten. 

Your info on the side bar says you're from New York? Assuming that is correct (I'm so sorry if not lol), I looked up the New York senators and found Kirsten Gillibrand. Fill out her contact form and tell her what's been going on! There is a box for "immigration" that you can check under categories. Here is a link to her contact form: https://www.gillibrand.senate.gov/contact/email-me

I did the same exact thing with one of the Nevada senators. I got a confirmation email shortly after submitting the contact form, which instructed me to call her office if I required assistance with a government agency. As it was applicable to me, I called in and her office staff got started on the inquiry process right away. Hope this helps! Good luck! 

Thank you so much for this! I'm going to give it a shot!

event.png

9 hours ago, colin57 said:

Just letting everyone know how our AOS interview went yesterday in Milwaukee. The office is on Knapp St and is very easy to get too, parking is ok, some places have meters for up to 2  hours other places are free for up to 3 hours and there is a large carpark for $5.00 a day, we managed to get a free, 3 hour space, so, half an hour before the appointment (1.45pm) we went in, as with all Federal buildings there is the airport style security which was quick and easy then we were directed upstairs where another security guard pointed to window #3 where a very nice woman looked at the appointment letter, entered us into the system and said to wait near door #1, there were only 4 other couples, much to our surprise the building seemed nearly empty, think there were more security people than USCIS officers! We only waited ten minutes and a man opened the door and called my name, we followed him into his office where he asked us to stand while we took the oath then we sat down and he checked our ID's, took another photo, my finger prints and then began asking for some of the documentation, our marriage licence, passports, my EAD and SSN all of which he photocopied although I had copies of everything with us. then asked did we get married within  90 days, asked how we met, asked Colleen where she worked, then we went though the yes / no questions from the I -485 form which he apologized for having to do, but said he has too.  we chatted about the weather and the winter as we had 6 inches of snow a day earlier, I told him where I come from in England (Yorkshire) isn't exactly a tropical paradise!  and really there had only been 6 or 7 really bad days, then he said he would look over the file, see if everything was ok, if he needed anymore information he would send an RFE but either way I should receive the green card within a few weeks, explained to us about the removal of conditions in two years and mentioned briefly about becoming a US citizen and 30 minutes later we were leaving the building. 

To be honest I felt a little despondent that he didn't say a direct  'yes'  at the interview as I felt like the waiting was just going on even longer, HOWEVER this morning I got notification that there was a change to our case and after I signed in to the USCIS site and saw it said that a 'NEW CARD WAS BEING PRODUCED' !!!!   So I guess that's it,  it looks like18 months of form filling, appointments,  worrying and waiting is over for us for now. Our hearts and thoughts are with everyone who are still waiting we hope you will get to this point really soon.

For Colleen and myself the wait has been a lot longer than just the 18 months, quite a few years in fact due to family issues in England that prevented me leaving, so we know what waiting is, trust me, we do.  

Thank you for the review as its my office too and not too many people from WI on here :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
21 hours ago, Vanessa94 said:

Not sure how long, but very happy for you. Newark, NJ is my field office too and waiting for an interview can go much longer than what they have posted. I know from personal experience my best friend and my cousin both waited over 2 years, respectively. Here's hoping my file miraculously lands on their desk sometime soon. :) In the meantime, good luck with your interview. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, MikeandMeg said:

Not sure how long, but very happy for you. Newark, NJ is my field office too and waiting for an interview can go much longer than what they have posted. I know from personal experience my best friend and my cousin both waited over 2 years, respectively. Here's hoping my file miraculously lands on their desk sometime soon. :) In the meantime, good luck with your interview. 

But why you on hurry with your green card. As for me, i prefer them to take a bit more then 2 years to process our file and get already 10 years green card, than to have interview now and then having headache after 2 years again with the same process and interview for removal conditions... just relax, get your work authorisation, your travel document and enjoy your life with your husband/wife. Less headache and less money to spend.

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.