1,357 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chochosun said:

Called USCIS to inquire about status. Reached tier 1 officer but was not helpful. Asked to speak with tier 2 officer but the tier 1 said tier 2 stopped taking calls for the day due to the high volume of calls? I called around 6pm ET and they close at 8pm. Wut?? 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Sorry my fault. I was playing nursery rhymes again.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I just came back from my interview at the San Bernardino office. My petition is family based (F2B), mother petition for son over 21.

PD I-130 - January 2013
I-130 Approval - September 2013
PD I-485 - September 26th, 2018
PD I-765/131 - September 26th, 2018
PD I-485 Case is ready to scheduled for an interview - March 6th, 2019
PD I-485 Interview has been scheduled - March 7th, 2019
PD I-485 Interview Date - April 11th, 2019

Came with my mother. I decided to bring also my lawyer to the interview. Officer was very chill. Probably in his middle 40s. But, my lawyer was brilliant. She made an interview into a friendly conversation with the officer. I was asked basic questions about my sponsor, where I'm studying, my address, how I came to the US, if I was married, and that's it. My mother didn't say anything the entire interview. The officer only ask us for the IDs. NO passport, no taxes, no school letters, no pictures, NOTHING.

Then, I was asked the YES/NO questions, I crack a little bit in two questions, because the officer was speaking really fast haha.

Finally the officer recommend me for approval, but unfortunately my Priority Date is not Current, so I may need to wait 2-3 months for Visa Available. (My Priority Date is Jan 2013, APril Bulletin is Oct 2012, Very close).

Another interesting detail, when my lawyer and the officer were chatting, he said that the San Bernardino Office is working really effective with cases, this is the reason why I got my interview so early when my priority date is not even current. He also mentioned that they are starting handling cases from Los Angeles Office because they are way behind schedules.

At the end, Interview was completed, I just need to wait for the green card to be available. My lawyer told me there is less than 1% chance to receive an RFE or something.

Good Luck to you guys.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

In the green card appointment letter it says to bring :

- a completed medical examination ...

- a completed affidavit of support (income tax returns/w2 etc) ....

My medical exam is still valid and I gave the sealed envelope to customs when I entered the country.

I submitted an affidavit of support when I filled AOS

Do we have to submit these things AGAIN? Or how does that work :D? Thanks for your help :)

1 hour ago, Bianca89 said:

My medical exam is still valid and I gave the sealed envelope to customs when I entered the country.

Do we have to submit these things AGAIN? Or how does that work :D? Thanks for your help :)

1. No you will not need to redo your medical nor submit an I693 if you meet the conditions for a K1 AOS filer as outlined in the I693 instructions here:

"3. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen;

and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination;

and

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination;

or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693."

Do you meet those conditions?

The policy that the IO must follow regarding you having a K1 overseas completed medical is pictured below and is from USCIS' policy manual.

This topic is discussed alot and is very searchable using the VJ search bar if you would like to have more than one opinion. If you search "K1 I693" you will find thousands of responses.

Screenshot_20190410-222828_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Bianca89 said:

2. It says "a completed Affidavit of Support unless already submitted", does it not?

The only exception to that is if your financial situation has changed since filing. You should redo the I864 then an provide current supporting financial documents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

2. It says "a completed Affidavit of Support unless already submitted", does it not?

The only exception to that is if your financial situation has changed since filing. You should redo the I864 then an provide current supporting financial documents.

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO ...... MUCH ! That helped me a lot and will let me sleep in peace tonight ^^ 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 4/11/2019 at 3:08 PM, AAiowan said:

Received EAD today.  They have given only one year of validity for the EAD.  Now waiting for SSN.

Getting the SSN today. i looked at informed delivery and it shows a mail from SSN. Thank you to Naes who had put that informed delivery link on his/her signature. 

Edited by AAiowan
more clarification

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Had our interview (AOS from K1) here in Charlotte this morning, and it was sooooo easy! The officer was super friendly, asked if any information had changed, went through the yes/no questions,  and that was it. He didn't ask to see ANY of the documentation we brought with us, and said he was going to approve my husband's green card on the spot, and congratulated both of us at the end of the interview! Soooo thrilled to be done with this for at least a couple of years! YAY!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello! Are there september filers without interview scheduled or EAD yet? I really hope your documents get approved soon! Im from october and I didnt get anything either, 175 days now waiting. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline
5 hours ago, anna lucia said:

Hello! Are there september filers without interview scheduled or EAD yet? I really hope your documents get approved soon! Im from october and I didnt get anything either, 175 days now waiting. 

Yes nothing here. Filed 9/5 NOA 9/7/18. Hopefully something good will happen soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.