1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Today has been 30 days waiting for a reply after submitting an online enquiry for my EAD and still have heard nothing. I called last week and they said after the 30 days I can submit a secondary enquiry which will be brought to a higher level... but again that can take 30 days for a reply 🙄

Just wondering has anyone any suggestions what I can do to help nudge things on at this stage? Should I try contact my congressman.. what do I need to ask from them?

Anyone hear of anyone else waiting this long for their EAD?! ..over 7 months now.

Edited by streanor

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, streanor said:

Today has been 30 days waiting for a reply after submitting an online enquiry for my EAD and still have heard nothing. I called last week and they said after the 30 days I can submit a secondary enquiry which will be brought to a higher level... but again that can take 30 days for a reply 🙄

Just wondering has anyone any suggestions what I can do to help nudge things on at this stage? Should I try contact my congressman.. what do I need to ask from them?

Anyone hear of anyone else waiting this long for their EAD?! ..over 7 months now.

We were told the same thing when we called last week but by last Friday we got our ead and AP approved and today we got approval notice in mail.  You will get soon too.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, AAiowan said:

We were told the same thing when we called last week but by last Friday we got our ead and AP approved and today we got approval notice in mail.  You will get soon too.

That's reassuring to hear, thank you! I hope so!!

event.png

4 hours ago, streanor said:

Yikes :(

Anyone know the numbers to press in order to reach a real person on the phone for USCIS? 😅

14 minutes ago, Chochosun said:

Anyone know the numbers to press in order to reach a real person on the phone for USCIS? 😅

I usually play nursery school songs with the number key pad tones.

Twinkle Twinkle is pretty lucky but Baa, Baa Black Sheep, not so much.

(Day 169. Kill. Me. Now.)

((I'm an October'er'er. Dont kill me for only 169. I didnt realize what month I was in when I posted))

(((Just laugh please)))

Edited by K1visaHopeful

7 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I usually play nursery school songs with the number key pad tones.

Twinkle Twinkle is pretty lucky but Baa, Baa Black Sheep, not so much.

(Day 169. Kill. Me. Now.)

((I'm an October'er'er. Dont kill me for only 169. I didnt realize what month I was in when I posted))

(((Just laugh please)))

Hahaha

🙁🙁🙁

Hahaha

😭😭😭

Hahaha

😡😡😡

I'm with you 😤😤😤

Timeline
8 hours ago, Chochosun said:

I was loosing my mind trying to talk to a human being on the phone when I called last week. There's an option it's something like 'Need help filling out an electronic form' ..that worked for me!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, Chochosun said:

I usually do options 1 (reschedule an appointment) or 3 (help with forms)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Yesterday I chose 1 to check status then chose 2 (I don’t know my case number) although I do and the system then asks you to write it anyway lol.

thats how I reached a live person

Edited by Naes

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
20 hours ago, Chochosun said:

I usually keep pressing 0 until the system gives up and transfers me to a person (this works with basically every company lol)

Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 9:22 PM, streanor said:

That's reassuring to hear, thank you! I hope so!!

Got our EAD mailed out as per our status update.  Hopefully, we will have it in hand by this weekend and SSN in 2 weeks.  So hang in there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/8/2019 at 11:44 PM, Chochosun said:

Sometimes it works by you not pressing anything at all, they think you have a rotary phone and you just ignore everything they say and you eventually get to a human!

September 21 filer here. I just received a notification that my husband's EAD was approved and status has changed to New Card is Being Produced! YAY!

Question for those of you already approved: From my understanding, his EAD and AP should come on a combo card because they were filled concurrently. However, the case status for his I-131 still has not changed. Has this happened to anyone else? I am just wondering if it's a technicality and they will still come on the same card, or if they will in fact come separately. 

Thanks in advance!

9 minutes ago, haileyfarrar said:

September 21 filer here. I just received a notification that my husband's EAD was approved and status has changed to New Card is Being Produced! YAY!

Question for those of you already approved: From my understanding, his EAD and AP should come on a combo card because they were filled concurrently. However, the case status for his I-131 still has not changed. Has this happened to anyone else? I am just wondering if it's a technicality and they will still come on the same card, or if they will in fact come separately. 

Thanks in advance!

EVERYONE else! The AP rarely changes at all. It's still comes as a Combo Card.

Timeline
2 hours ago, haileyfarrar said:

Thanks in advance!

We got the status updated for AP.  But i think you are good to get the combo card and the two NOAs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.