1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, LydiaP said:

Alex's interview is April 11 and we're excited and we sat down to pull everything together and you guys . . . my entire AOS package I sent in isn't saved on my hard drive anymore. We recently moved and I can't find anything and I'm freaking out.

What all do I need to try to recreate/pull together for Thursday? We have the list, but omg I won't have what we submitted and I'm freaking the hell out.

Don't freak out. Everything you filed with your application, the IOS officer has right in front of them. Start preparing new information, like lease agreements in both names. Any bills that can be placed in both names will help as well. Print out new pictures you guys have taken since you submitted the application. They went over the questions from the I-485 form so you can basically print a blank copy and test each other with questions. Best of luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 4/3/2019 at 6:44 PM, haileyfarrar said:

When we originally filed the processing time was 2-5 months. It's now 5-7 months. I've filed for an expedite request but haven't gotten very far with that. 

We have supporting documents for his illness, however there are no infopass appointments available at the Las Vegas office. I've checked every day for the past couple of weeks and nothing. I've been trying to contact them to see if they take walk-ins for emergencies, but nobody is actually on the other end of the phone over there. It's probably worth just showing up and hoping they'll accept a walk-in.

Did you call USCIS (the general number, not your local office)? They're phasing out info pass appointments, and a lot of local offices don't accept online appointments anymore. To make an appointment you have to call USCIS at 800-375-5283

Good luck with everything

Edited by C90

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 4/4/2019 at 12:39 PM, Jesus said:

Hi Guys we are September filers and just recently received an update through the app about approval for the combo card, but does anyone know how long will it take approximately for us to have the card in the mail?

Thank you! to those still waiting , hang in there. We were worrying and the message finally came. 

For me it was 8 days from 'new card is being produced' to delivery

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@geowrian I have 1 question about taxes :) You sent a link for a template you used for statement to be counted as resident for tex purposes. What does the Form at the top and bottom stands for?

17 minutes ago, Naes said:

@geowrian I have 1 question about taxes :) You sent a link for a template you used for statement to be counted as resident for tex purposes. What does the Form at the top and bottom stands for?

Form...?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Form...?

Omg I am an idiot 🤦‍♀️ Forget it... It says from.... too much reading on taxes ....

And I seriously thought about it for a good 3 days...-_-

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello guys,

How are you going about filing 2018 taxes?  Still waiting for EAD and SSN as we checked the box to get SSN assigned.   Are you filing extension by just filing the 4868 form ?  without SSN, how can you file taxes jointly?

THanks!

Timeline
2 hours ago, AAiowan said:

Hello guys,

How are you going about filing 2018 taxes?  Still waiting for EAD and SSN as we checked the box to get SSN assigned.   Are you filing extension by just filing the 4868 form ?  without SSN, how can you file taxes jointly?

THanks!

I got my SSN before applying to AOS, when I arrived. This is why it is better to get your ssn before even getting married on a k1.

Another way would be to get ITIN number.which I believe you can apply it at the same time 

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

September 12th here! Got my interview date this Saturday, scheduled for May-6th in Baltimore. 

The status changed to " interview scheduled" on April 1st. RFE on the AOS received on Jan-23rd. RFE response received on Feb-13th. 

No movement on my EAD... even thou I submitted a case inquiry on March-3rd. 

Did you guys bring copies of the W2, I-864, letter of employment and pay stubs... even thou on the letter says "unless already submitted" ?

6 minutes ago, karlabarbosa said:

Hi guys! Do I need submit the form I-693 on my interview? My medical examination for the K-1 visa was last July. Thank you!

That depends but most likely not.

Do you meet these conditions outlined for K1's on the actual I693 instructions:

"What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical examination overseas? 

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e); or

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen; and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then:

(1) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as you file your Form I-485 within one year of an overseas medical examination; and

(a) The panel physician did not find a class A medical condition during your overseas examination; or

(b) The panel physician did find a class A medical condition, you received a waiver of inadmissibility, and you have complied with the terms and conditions of the waiver.

(2) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 9. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 3., 4., 6., and 9. of Form I-693."

Do you? If yes, you wont need to redo your medical exam or provide an I693.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Got the approval notices for EAD and AP today.  Hopefully, we will get the card in the mail this week. 

One question, since we chose the option of applying SSN using the option in the EAD/485 form, Can some one suggest how long it would take for the SSN to arrive based on experience?

Thanks in Advance!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, AAiowan said:

Got the approval notices for EAD and AP today.  Hopefully, we will get the card in the mail this week. 

One question, since we chose the option of applying SSN using the option in the EAD/485 form, Can some one suggest how long it would take for the SSN to arrive based on experience?

Thanks in Advance!

From what I read 2-3 weeks looks like average but there were people who got it in shorter time too.

Congrats :)

On 4/6/2019 at 4:39 PM, C90 said:

Did you call USCIS (the general number, not your local office)? They're phasing out info pass appointments, and a lot of local offices don't accept online appointments anymore. To make an appointment you have to call USCIS at 800-375-5283

Good luck with everything

Thank you for bringing that to my attention - I wasn't aware the info pass system had changed and you couldn't make online appointments. Instructions on the USCIS website say it can only be done online, but it's not shocking to learn that's not up to date. 

We ended up just appearing at the local office and requesting to speak with a supervisor about an emergency travel document. The officer we spoke to was very kind and understanding, however our request was ultimately denied. The emergency related party must be a direct family member (parent, child, spouse) with the appropriate documentation to prove so. While we were able to support the close relationship my husband has with his uncle, the "direct" family is an absolute requirement. 

I will say, the officer we spoke with seemed absolutely shocked when we told her we have been waiting for his advanced parole for nearly 7 months. She had to take all of our filing receipts and check for herself. So it looks like we're not the only ones in disbelief.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.