1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kor&Ani said:

What is the new website ?

My.uscis.gov

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

It looks like now, we had to wait an extra month to receive our EAD/AP cards (If you still didn't receive it)

New dates in order to Submit an Inquiry of outside of processing times at NBC:

EAD September 8th

AP August 22th

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, juan2587 said:

It looks like now, we had to wait an extra month to receive our EAD/AP cards (If you still didn't receive it)

EAD September 8th

AP August 22th

Well that sucks a whole lot! 😔

Thanks for for the update!

Edited by JayaP

Timeline

I had my interview around three weeks ago, it didn’t go as smooth as the ideal interview as I have some unauthorized work in my background. 

I didn’t get an approval on the spot and my case status changed to “Interview is completed and case must be reviewed”, which at first wasn’t very concerning but as time went by I was obsessively checking the status multiple times a day so I had to stop worrying about it before I went insane.

Checked it again yesterday and it changed to “New card is being produced” so that’s an approval!

I’m relieved and and happy to say I’m done with this endless immigration process for at least two years. 

J1 Waiver

• 1/9/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 1/15/2018 - Packet delivered 📨
  • 1/16/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 1/30/2018 - Documents received 📨
  • 1/31/2018 - Requested embassy to send No Objection Statement 📄
  • 2/2/2018 - Embassy sent No Objection Statement to DoS ✉️
  • 2/2/2018 - No Objection Statement received 📨
  • 3/26/2018 - Favorable Recommendation 🎉
  • 4/2/2018 - USCIS Received 📨
  • 4/18/2018 - Approved 🎉

K1 Visa

• 10/5/2017 - Application Received 📨
  • 10/10/2017 - NOA1 📄
  • 3/30/2018 - NOA2 🎉
  • 4/25/2018 - NVC received 📨
  • 4/26/2018 - Case number assigned, CEAC In Transit 🚚
  • 5/3/2018 - CEAC Ready
  • 6/18/2018 - Medical 💉
  • 6/19/2018 - Interview - Approved! 🎉
  • 6/20/2018 - CEAC Application Received 📨
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Administrative processing 💤
  • 6/21/2018 - CEAC Issued ✉️
  • 7/2/2018 - Visa in hands 🛂
  • 7/6/2018 - POE 🛬
  • 8/18/2018 - Married! 🎊

AOS

• 9/7/2018 - Packet shipped 🚚
  • 9/11/2018 - NOA1 📄
  • 9/12/2018 - Check cashed 💸
  • 9/14/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Notice 📄
  • 9/17/2018 - NOA1 Hard copy 📄
  • 9/21/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Hard copy 📄
  • [Somewhere in between] RFE
  • 10/5/2018 - Biometrics Appt/Fingerprint review was complete 🛂
  • 11/20/2018 - RFE response 📤
  • 12/26/2018 - Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview
  • 1/10/2018 - Interview Was Scheduled 📅
  • 2/4/2019 - EAD+AP approved 🎉
  • 2/9/2019 - EAD+AP combo card in the mail ✉️
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview
  • 2/21/2019 - Interview was completed and case must be reviewed 
  • 3/12/2019 - New card is being produced
  • 3/18/2019 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service

Removal of Conditions

• 3/24/2021 - Filed
  • 4/21/2021 - NOA1
  • 6/28/2021 - Biometrics
  • 9/29/2022 - Request for additional evidence
  • 10/18/2022 - RFE response sent
  • 10/26/2022 - RFE response received
  • 11/22/2022 - New card is being produced
  • 11/23/2022 - Case was approved
  • 11/25/2022 - Card Was Mailed To Me (Updated 11/28/2022)
  • 11/28/2022 - Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service
  • 11/30/2022 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband's combo card was delivered today. :)  Now the extra long wait for the green card (we're in LA city).

This was after having a bit of a fiasco with USPS. When our USCIS account updated with the tracking number is said it had been delivered on Saturday. After calling our local post office daily they finally "found" that my husband's package was delivered to the wrong mailbox and delivered it today. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 3/6/2019 at 9:09 PM, Infinity & Beyond said:

Hello everybody, natural lurker here to share some information that might be helpful to the lovely community here.

We submitted our i-485 in mid to late September 2018 after our court marriage in early September. We are based in Los Angeles and just finished our Green Card interview this very morning (3/6/19, 5 month turnaround) at the San Bernardino USCIS Field Office. We are very happy to announce that they approved us on the spot and the case is updated to show that our Green Card is now being produced. 

Although having applied for the AP/EAD card, there has been absolutely zero progress on that front... but we're relieved to know that we are finally finished with this long journey for now. So the absolute first thing I did after getting the news was to check for flight tickets to send my wife back to her family. So I do want to ask if it will be safe enough to go ahead and book it now before the card arrives. I'm looking to book 2-3 weeks out, judging on some of the timelines I've seen around here. The officer did say it might take up to 30 days, but regardless we feel blessed to have such a quick turnaround.

Much love to everyone in this community, I wish everyone the best of luck on their AOS!

Just wanted to update that we received the physical green card in the mail today so it took exactly one week since our on-location approval after the interview. My wife is a little upset about the photo (she believes it was from the biometrics appointment) but we are otherwise finished for the next two years.

We are glad we got a quick turnaround compared to the average time. Hope everyone the best on their applications. Cheers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 3/12/2019 at 5:18 PM, juan2587 said:

EAD September 8th

AP August 22th

We had to do a case inquiry on both our EAD/AP. Even after receiving our NOA2 visa post, something must have slipped through the cracks. It will be a month tomorrow since we have been approved, yet not card. We just had our case updated online yesterday to "New card in production" after we submitted a case inquiry on March 7th. My recommendation for those who have yet to have a case update online and your EAD/AP case and you have been approved and you are outside the processing times, you might need to submit a case inquiry. 

“We are a little weird, life is a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”

-Dr. Seuss

K-1 Journey: 291 Days

Spoiler

October 02, 2017: NOA1 receive date 

March 23, 2018: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

April 05, 2018: NVC case number assigned

May 16, 2018: Interview: Approved 

May 28, 2018: Visa in hand

August 17, 2018: Marriage

EAD/AP Journey: 196 Days

Spoiler

September 05, 2018:  EAD/AP sent with AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox

September 13, 2018: NOA

February 14, 2019: Case Approved! (Old website, no update on the new website)

February 19, 2019: NOA2 hardcopy received in mail

March 7, 2019: Submitted a case inquiry 

March 18, 2019: Received EAD/AP combo card

AOS Journey: 308 Days

Spoiler

September 05, 2018: AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox

September 13, 2018: NOA

October 1, 2018: Biometrics 

October 5, 2018:"Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview"

May 6, 2019: Received interview notice, interview scheduled for June 10.

May 7, 2019: Contacted and requested a new interview date due to travel complications

May 16, 2019: Case inquiry for new interview date was assigned

July 12, 2019: Received second interview notice

July 30, 2019: AOS Interview 

July 30, 2019: AOS approval

August 1, 2019: "Card is in Production"

August 2, 2019: "Card is in the Mail"

August 3, 2019: Received Green Card

ROC Journey:

Spoiler

June 30, 2021: ROC package delivered to Lockbox in Phoenix, AZ

July 09, 2021: NOA 1 received 

August 11, 2021: Biometrics waived

Nov. 08, 2021:18 month extension letter received

May 10, 2021:Case transfered to MBC 

Naturalization:

Spoiler

May 4, 2022: Naturalization package sent to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX

May 6, 2022: Biometrics reused

Timeline

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

Got the above update for my EAD! I got an email and text, and it has been updated only on the old website. No update on the AP or green card. 

Hopefully I get the combo card soon!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Does anyone know if there's a recent Philadelphia field office AOS topic/forum? I searched a good amount, but couldn't find anything (at least not recent). I thought I found one a while ago but can't find it anymore -_- Anyway, if anyone has a link that would be greatly appreciated! Otherwise I'll start a new topic and see if it even gets any attention lol.

Edited by C90

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, JayaP said:

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

Got the above update for my EAD! I got an email and text, and it has been updated only on the old website. No update on the AP or green card. 

Hopefully I get the combo card soon!!

It seems like information on old and new sites are not consistent with all cases. In my case, the new site has the current information from EAD/AP approval and I-485 status saying “ready to be scheduled for interview “. The old site information is stuck with “interview cancelled” on the I-485. I received my combo card 4 days after it said card was in production. Yours will hopefully arrive soon! Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Another Sept 2018 filer.  As of now status change to "Case is ready for an interview to be scheduled" and it changed on 2/12/2019.  Still waiting for interview notice.  Hope to see this change soon.

Timeline

Hey! I have a quick question for those who have received their EAD and/or AP cards.

On my cases, only the EAD status has been approved to say that it has been sent to me.  No update on the AP status.  Is this normal for a combo card?  Will I only get my EAD card and no AP?

Thanks in advance

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
26 minutes ago, JayaP said:

Hey! I have a quick question for those who have received their EAD and/or AP cards.

On my cases, only the EAD status has been approved to say that it has been sent to me.  No update on the AP status.  Is this normal for a combo card?  Will I only get my EAD card and no AP?

Thanks in advance

If you applied for an AP, it will be an EAD/AP combo card. In my case, the old site didn’t show the update properly but the new site (my.uscis.gov) showed the corresponding approvals and updates. 

34 minutes ago, JayaP said:

Thanks in advance

The status for AP rarely updates until after you receive the Combo Card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.