1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, JayaP said:

Yeah, I did think the same that it isn’t really classified as an emergency, but I’ll take all the help I can get right now!

Glad to hear that things are working out for you. I bet it feels nice to finally feel like you’re settling in properly.  If you don’t mind me asking, what date was your NOA1?

I have a SSN, but the card says it’s not to be used for employment.  I’ve taken my written driving test.  Have a road test scheduled, so things are moving forward on that front.  Just drives me crazy being sat at home alone all day, everyday!  By the time my husband comes home from work, he’s usually too tired to do anything in the evening.  Bless him, he does his best to try and understand the situation.

It is nice to be settling in! Although I'm still looking for a 'real' job (the job I have now is for 2 weeks and it's not something I really enjoy, but I'm glad I'm busy and making money!) I think once I get a permanent job that I like I'll be really settling in.

My NOA1 date was 9/12.

In PA you're allowed to drive with a foreign license for 1 year and you're allowed to get your US DL with proof of pending AOS, so I got my license 1 day after my EAD got approved! (road test took me 3 tries, stupid stop signs lol) It's def nice to move forward with things and get your license, so you can be more independent. Hopefully it'll take you 1 try (stop BEFORE the white lines, I stopped with my bumper ON TOP OF the white lines and that's an immediate fail) and you get your EAD and a job soon! I'm sure it'll all work out :) 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Gibus said:

Hey guy!!  Since I was once a September filler I thought I should keep you posted too, my second application went through pretty fast and yesterday was my interview, everything went well and after a few hours I got this on my tracker 🤗🤗🤗

Awesome man, I remember back when yours got all messed up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, LydiaP said:

Alex received his EAD card this past Monday! We're thrilled. He already had an interview and was hired on the spot at Costco, which is a dream for us. 

Now to wait on our scheduling for the green card. We didn't apply for AP because we have no funds for him to leave the country right now anyway.

I am so pleased the EAD card arrived and Alex has a job so fast. Over the last couple of years we have found the VJ site is very helpful and useful, but the one down side, and the hardest part, is when you see others moving forward and you still waiting.

Again congratulations. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Updated message on new site: Hope it will be soon

March 7, 2019

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

As of March 07, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1990005398, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Current as of today at 2:20 p.m.

Timeline
22 hours ago, C90 said:

It is nice to be settling in! Although I'm still looking for a 'real' job (the job I have now is for 2 weeks and it's not something I really enjoy, but I'm glad I'm busy and making money!) I think once I get a permanent job that I like I'll be really settling in.

My NOA1 date was 9/12.

In PA you're allowed to drive with a foreign license for 1 year and you're allowed to get your US DL with proof of pending AOS, so I got my license 1 day after my EAD got approved! (road test took me 3 tries, stupid stop signs lol) It's def nice to move forward with things and get your license, so you can be more independent. Hopefully it'll take you 1 try (stop BEFORE the white lines, I stopped with my bumper ON TOP OF the white lines and that's an immediate fail) and you get your EAD and a job soon! I'm sure it'll all work out :) 

Lol thanks for the advice and well

wishes!

All the best to you to!  Hope you find a job that’s perfect for you x

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
19 hours ago, Naes said:

Interestingly enough I got my AP approval notice on the new site. (my other 2 applications does not show up correctly on the new website)

In my case my AP didn’t change at all.. recieved a text that my EAD card has been mailed out

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 3/8/2019 at 2:27 PM, GNAR said:

Updated message on new site: Hope it will be soon

March 7, 2019

Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

As of March 07, 2019, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC1990005398, for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Current as of today at 2:20 p.m.

Check the processing times of your local office. This just means that you're in the que at your local office, can still take 1+ year to actually get an interview date. But hey, maybe Texas is quick and you get it soon! 

Timeline

Quick question: does your case status update online after you have had your biometrics taken?  Mine hasn’t been updated since Sept 18 and all it says is that they’ve received the fingerprint fee.  I took my biometrics on Oct 5.  So just wondering if it should have been updated online?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, JayaP said:

Quick question: does your case status update online after you have had your biometrics taken?  Mine hasn’t been updated since Sept 18 and all it says is that they’ve received the fingerprint fee.  I took my biometrics on Oct 5.  So just wondering if it should have been updated online?

Thanks

Not necessarily. The website is not reliable at all for updates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We just got our notice in the mail today that Alex's interview is April 11. Apparently they updated on 3/5 but I didn't get the notification in email or text. We're flying right along.

We're a bit overwhelmed at how much we have to bring to the interview. Don't they have copies of all this stuff? Please it doesn't help that they switched Alex's birth certificate with another person's at the embassy in London!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Just a quick update on our end. We received our NOA2s over the weekend and my husband's new social security card was delivered today.

Now we just need the actual combo card. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, LydiaP said:

We just got our notice in the mail today that Alex's interview is April 11. Apparently they updated on 3/5 but I didn't get the notification in email or text. We're flying right along.

We're a bit overwhelmed at how much we have to bring to the interview. Don't they have copies of all this stuff? Please it doesn't help that they switched Alex's birth certificate with another person's at the embassy in London!

From what I have heard from friends who have gone through it.  Having already done the K1 process, you already have a good amount of proof and reliability, so the interview's tend to go pretty smoothly. bring what they ask for but don't stress too much about not having your spouse on the lease or mortgage payments, they should be understanding that with out a job or a SSN, even the proper official last name, it's a little unrealistic to have all your papers signed and dotted perfectly. this is only my perspective from hearing it from a friend. Our interview is scheduled too! but no word on the date just yet.

19 hours ago, LydiaP said:

16 hours ago, AndyAspen said:

From what I have heard from friends who have gone through it.  Having already done the K1 process, you already have a good amount of proof and reliability, so the interview's tend to go pretty smoothly. bring what they ask for but don't stress too much about not having your spouse on the lease or mortgage payments, they should be understanding that with out a job or a SSN, even the proper official last name, it's a little unrealistic to have all your papers signed and dotted perfectly. this is only my perspective from hearing it from a friend. Our interview is scheduled too! but no word on the date just yet.

As someone who just interviewed last week, our interview was a breeze. We didn’t have a lot of joint stuff, aside from a lease. We had a lot of photos and mail to the same address, and we had my friend right a letter of support. But it was generally not as scary as I’d thought it’d be. I brought a ton of stuff that the officer barely looked at. The are understanding that you can’t get a bank account, ID, or almost anything without an SSN. They mostly just wanted proof that we live together and actually do things together.

We’ve still yet to receive Matt’s social security card, so we have to do that this Friday.

Don’t stress too much. I seriously stressed myself out for no reason.

K-1

Spoiler

Mailed I-129F:   5 September, 2017

Received:  8 September, 2017
I-129F NOA1:    11 September, 2017

I-129F NOA2:     8 March, 2018

NVC Received:  20 March, 2018

NVC # Assigned: 22 March, 2018

Consulate Rec'd:  28 March, 2018

Medical:   24 April, 2018

Interview:   8 May, 2018

Visa on Hand:   21 May, 2018

POE:   8 June, 2018 (Manchester > Boston > Pittsburgh)

Legal Marriage:    27 June, 2018

Traditional Wedding: 7 October, 2018

AOS/EAD

Mailed Packet:   8 September, 2018

NOA1:  13 September, 2018

Biometrics: 19 October, 2018

EAD Approval:   5 February, 2019

Interview: 4 March, 2019

Approval Notice: 4 March, 2019

RoC

Mailed Packet:   8 February, 2021

Packet Received: 12 February, 2021

NOA1:  20 March, 2021

Biometrics: September 2021

RFE: 13 July, 2022

RFE Submitted: Soon

Interview: Waiting

Approval: Waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.