1,373 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Even after receiving that the case is ready for interview could take 22 months? /=

We can tell you if you tell us your local field office....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Even after receiving that the case is ready for interview could take 22 months? /=

I received my ead/ap card after 5 months from filing and currently waiting for my green card interview to be scheduled.  I filed in September 2018. My status for that says case is ready for interview. My local USCIS office is Houston, Texas and they have a long wait. Check where your office is and check there processing times. Some are quicker than others. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
48 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

We can tell you if you tell us your local field office....

28 minutes ago, UktoTexas said:

I received my ead/ap card after 5 months from filing and currently waiting for my green card interview to be scheduled.  I filed in September 2018. My status for that says case is ready for interview. My local USCIS office is Houston, Texas and they have a long wait. Check where your office is and check there processing times. Some are quicker than others. 

THank you, mine is in el paso 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Guys I need your opinion on this matter,

so I did the inquiry right when my date passed. Of course there is nothing and the classic 30 day wait etc etc...

So I am getting close to psychologically losing it lol.

I am planning on getting the congressman involved, mine is pretty well known for her pro-immigration activities. 

How long should I wait? Should I wait till end of 30 days to pass, or maybe wait only another week or so? Anyone seen any posts in these cases where people involved congressman after making an inquiry and it being meaningless?

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

THank you, mine is in el paso 

El Paso, TX is 11 to 21.5 months. They are currently processing June 2nd, 2017 today for family based petitions. You are in for a wait yet.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Input "i485" and "El Paso, TX". Scroll to the bottom and you will see the processing times I quoted above.

48 minutes ago, Naes said:

so I did the inquiry right when my date passed. Of course there is nothing and the classic 30 day wait etc etc...

I am planning on getting the congressman involved, mine is pretty well known for her pro-immigration activities. 

How long should I wait? Should I wait till end of 30 days to pass, or maybe wait only another week or so? Anyone seen any posts in these cases where people involved congressman after making an inquiry and it being meaningless?

Just do it now. You're outside of processing times. That's all your Govn Rep needs to work with.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

1 hour ago, Naes said:

I'm a December 2018 AOS filer, although we share the same local field office "San Fernando Valley"..

I think you should contact congressman as soon as possible, especially as you are now outside of normal processing time! I haven't come across any cases involving congressman after making an inquiry but i have seen examples when people have utilised their congressman regarding an expedite and they've been successful.

I really hope you get some updates very soon, good luck!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:14 AM, reicakes88 said:

Husband got his SSC in the mail yesterday and his combo card last Saturday! I have 3 questions though:

1.) Should we be worried that on his combo card they only included one of his middle initials?

2.) Should we be worried that on his SSC it only has his first and last name, no middle names?

3.) Does anyone have any tips on how to go about learning to drive in the US? Hubby wants to go through a driving school to learn the laws here. He has a valid license from the UK but hasn't driven much here. (I'm a bit too nervous about letting him drive around the DC-MD-VA area). Are there special classes for international drivers or will he just have to get used to the roads on his own?

I'll finally be able to file my taxes now though, and based on what I've read, it seems the best way to do it is just mail them in this year instead of online like I always do.

I can't really address the SSC because my husband combo card had to be sent back b/c his last name was spelled incorrectly. It should match each other though, SSC and combo card.

It's all up to you on how you want to handle the driving. My husband had a driver's license from his country but he doesn't like MD roads and the fact that I stress him out when he is behind the wheel. In order for him to get his MD driver's license he had to take a 3 hour course and pay the fee. In the class they talked about rules and regulations for United States driving. Hope this helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Naes said:

Check again! I just checked and it now says "new card being produced" on my husband's EAD! It still said received earlier today.

Well that's what it says on the old site the new site still says received. 

Also, we had 0 luck with any of our CA reps with our K1. They're all inundated with requests. 

Ooo also just got texts/emails while typing this. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jessica829 said:

Check again! I just checked and it now says "new card being produced" on my husband's EAD! It still said received earlier today.

Well that's what it says on the old site the new site still says received. 

Also, we had 0 luck with any of our CA reps with our K1. They're all inundated with requests. 

Ooo also just got texts/emails while typing this. 

Nope not for me 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I would like to ask during your interview (for AOS), did they ask about proof or evidences of your residency?

Edited by Lakwatsera

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Naes said:

Nope not for me 

181 days still nothing 😭😭

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.