1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Naes said:

I’m giving them this week....

Hi Naes, I am so sorry you are still waiting for your card, I feel bad telling you, but my combo card arrived a few days ago, the 15th I think, since our timelines have run pretty much parallel for the last 18 month hopefully your card isn't so far way.

Apart from your card delay I hope you are finding life in the US is what you hoped it would be. 

Edited by colin57

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
8 hours ago, C90 said:

You can't request another SSN when once's being produced for you. It takes 2-3 weeks after EAD arrival for your SSN card to come in (if you applied for one on your I-765) You could try to go to the SSO and see if they can give you the number, but idk if it's produced already.

If you go early the wait usually isn't that long (at least where I live lol)

Yea I asked in the office, It would have been faster, because now no one knows when data from USCIS to SSA will arrive and number will be created.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
30 minutes ago, colin57 said:

Hi LydiaP, If it's any help my EAD & AP came from the office at Lee's Summit, MO a few days ago, dated 2/13/19 we sent off the paper work mid September last year, and got the NOA @ September 24, so it may not take to long for your card to arrive. 

Thank you. That's a huge relief.

Timeline
6 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

^^^yes that would be the last way to obtain an SSN (well aware) but the OP seems to be concerned with the word "fast" so I gave him the "fastest" option. 

Yup, I wish I had applied immediately after arrival. I really thought that applying along with EAD is going to be automatic, and as I read before on the forum- will only take couple of days- oh well...

Waiting, waiting, waiting

image.png.23c3d837126607d60f25d949bf4c57f2.png

Hi @Naes maybe you have heard about something like that. I sent my AOS package 09/12, last month I received RIE I sent the response and today old website showed me that they sent another RIE but new website doesn't show that. Have you ever heard that they can send RIE two times?

2 hours ago, excited11 said:

Yea I asked in the office, It would have been faster, because now no one knows when data from USCIS to SSA will arrive and number will be created.

Sorry, what would have been faster?

1 hour ago, excited11 said:

Yup, I wish I had applied immediately after arrival. I really thought that applying along with EAD is going to be automatic, and as I read before on the forum- will only take couple of days- oh well...

Waiting, waiting, waiting

image.png.23c3d837126607d60f25d949bf4c57f2.png

Oh wait I see. Did you misunderstand and think you would get your SSN right after you applied for the I765?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sunrise3 said:

Hi @Naes maybe you have heard about something like that. I sent my AOS package 09/12, last month I received RIE I sent the response and today old website showed me that they sent another RIE but new website doesn't show that. Have you ever heard that they can send RIE two times?

If you didn't send in everything they asked at the first RIE they might send another one. It's also possible they just forgot to request something in the first one. Make sure to read it thoroughly and send everything they ask to avoid a NOID (notice of intent to deny) or actual denial since you'd have to start EAD/AP/AOS all over in that case.

Edited by C90

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Sunrise3 said:

Yep it happens. It may be a totally unrelated rfe

Timeline
5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Oh wait I see. Did you misunderstand and think you would get your SSN right after you applied for the I765?

LOL, I was thinking that when you apply for SSN along with EAD it is going to be done faster, than applying for SSN right after receiving EAD and showing up in SSA office physically- turns out it is not

I am just trying to figure out if anyone else has this delay.

13 minutes ago, excited11 said:

LOL, I was thinking that when you apply for SSN along with EAD it is going to be done faster, than applying for SSN right after receiving EAD and showing up in SSA office physically- turns out it is not

No, usually about the same time in those two scenarios. 

You MAY find some ppl in here who were unable to get their SSN for some weird reason upon arrival on their K1s. Those ones would have had to wait for their EAD too before they got an SSN as they would have applied on the I765 too. 

I know there are a few October filers in the same situation because they either tried to apply in their married name and were denied or they tried to apply too close to their I94 expiry. Maybe post in there? Not sure about in this month though.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, excited11 said:

I’m also waiting for my SSN. I applied it along with my EAD coz when I tried getting it on SS Office i just wasted a month waiting for nothing and they told me that DHS cant verify my documents (idk why maybe because i already used my husband’s last name). 

I’m hoping to receive my SSN by next week. I read here that I should receive my SSN card no later than 7 business days after I receive my EAD from USCIS.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Working in the US/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf 

2 minutes ago, jeine said:

(idk why maybe because i already used my husband’s last name). 

You are correct! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

@Naes @Jessica829  I'm Sept 4th receive date too and they wouldn't except my receive date yesterday.. but today receipt date for case enquiry changed to Sept 5th and it worked to send an online request!

Hopefully we all get good news soon!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.