1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, LizM said:

Okay I might have figured out the FBAR requirement. According to BSA Electronic Filing Requirements Instructions (https://www.fincen.gov/sites/default/files/shared/FBAR Line Item Filing Instructions.pdf) page 6, a United States resident is someone who meets one of the three residency tests in 26 U.S.C section 7701 (b) (https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26/7701). I have pasted the section below.

The residency tests in that section are green card, substantial presence, and first year test. First year is the one you would qualify for @Naes. If you qualify for or meet any of these, you'll need to file an FBAR. The only thing still unclear is the elective nature of the first year election test (if it's really elective, and you choose not to be treated as a resident, then what?)

26 U.S.C section 7701 (b)

(b)Definition of resident alien and nonresident alien

(1)In general For purposes of this title (other than subtitle B)—
(A)Resident alien An alien individual shall be treated as a resident of the United States with respect to any calendar year if (and only if) such individual meets the requirements of clause (i), (ii), or (iii):
(i)Lawfully admitted for permanent residence

Such individual is a lawful permanent resident of the United States at any time during such calendar year.

(ii)Substantial presence test

Such individual meets the substantial presence test of paragraph (3).

(iii)First year election

Such individual makes the election provided in paragraph (4).

I think I’m just going to send the info And file fbra.. better safe than sorry

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Noa1 sept 4 : still nothing 😭

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

48 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Noa1 sept 4 : still nothing 😭

4 minutes ago, Vanessa94 said:

Same here ! Which field office are you ? 

Timeline states LA.

Both of your EAD/APs should be coming soon though as they are currently processing Sept 1st as of 5 seconds ago according to USCIS. You can make an SR in a few short days if it doesnt get approved by then.

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Timeline states LA.

Both of your EAD/APs should be coming soon though as they are currently processing Sept 1st as of 5 seconds ago according to USCIS. You can make an SR in a few short days if it doesnt get approved by then.

Thanks, I’m really hoping for good news soon 🙏🏼

NOA1:

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Naes said:

Sept 4 😑 

I’m so angry at myself cause I knew better than not to file around Labor Day 🤦🏻‍♀️

What happened to our case ..... 😩

NOA1:

Timeline
15 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

What happened to our case ..... 😩

Lost in the darkness.... I can’t wait for the day to come that I can call...

14 minutes ago, Naes said:

Lost in the darkness.... I can’t wait for the day to come that I can call...

Me too! Cant wait for you to go full on Madea on their A$$ and you can tell us the play by play.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have been a silent lurker to this group since I mailed my aos application sept 11

Today I got an email card is being produced!! 

Pd 9/11/18

Email/text receipt notices 9/17/18

Received hard copies 9/22/18

Biometrics 10/11/18

Responded to RFe for my husband's w2 10/18/18

I485 updated 1/2/19 ready to be scheduled for an interview 

Ead approved 2/18/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm so upset right now. our EAD has been sent to Lee's Summit, MO and they are just processing June. We're closest to the USCIS office in Omaha (that's where my husband got his fingerprints done) and they are processing past our due date so I called today to find out what's going on and was told by the phone update that our application was in MO. Anyone else having this issue?

17 minutes ago, LydiaP said:

I'm so upset right now. our EAD has been sent to Lee's Summit, MO and they are just processing June. We're closest to the USCIS office in Omaha (that's where my husband got his fingerprints done) and they are processing past our due date so I called today to find out what's going on and was told by the phone update that our application was in MO. Anyone else having this issue?

Oh no!

Yes, all of us, lol. All concurrent filings of EADs and AP's with pending marriage based AOS applications under category c9 are processed at the NBC in MO. All of them no matter where you are from.

So you are looking at the wrong service centre. They are currently processing Sept 2nd. The NBC is processing EMPLOYMENT based EADs from June 14th. That's probably what they assumed you were.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

5 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Oh no!

Yes, all of us, lol. All concurrent filings of EADs and AP's with pending marriage based AOS applications under category c9 are processed at the NBC in MO. All of them no matter where you are from.

So you are looking at the wrong service centre. They are currently processing Sept 1st. 

There is also a Oct 2 NOA1 EAD/AP that got approved over the weekend. 

Timeline

Not gonna lie, I at least expected ead/ap to go in some sort of order.. but I’m at the end of my patience these days...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.