1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ash&Raz said:

We only applied to expedite our advance parole so that we can travel sooner so I wonder why they approved EAD first when that's not even what we applied to expedite. Congrats on getting your EAD

They probably approved both EAD/AP since you asked for an expedite AP. If you have your EAD card it's usually a combo card  that include AP as well ;)

33 minutes ago, Just-in-case18 said:

Guys!!! So happy just got a notification that our interview has been scheduled! 

Congrats :) :) :) 

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gibus said:

They probably approved both EAD/AP since you asked for an expedite AP. If you have your EAD card it's usually a combo card  that include AP as well ;)

Wow, really? Thats would be great, so we can finally travel somewhere outside US.

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ash&Raz said:

We only applied to expedite our advance parole so that we can travel sooner so I wonder why they approved EAD first when that's not even what we applied to expedite. Congrats on getting your EAD

AP will be with ead if ead got approved.

congrats :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
34 minutes ago, CindyS said:

Hey everyone! New update here.. Had my interview today in the morning here in San Diego.. for some reason we weren’t really nervous, I think with everything prepared there is no reason for that. 

we had the interview with a really nice lady.. first she just checked my documents, birth certificate, passport and I94, and just went through the I485, checking with me my full name, date and city of birth, my husband full name and date of birth too, just following the application.. went to all the yes/no questions about terrorism and all that.. simple stuff, really normal, she was being nice nothing super serious or anything, super chill.. she asked if I had any joint assets that I wanted to submit and I just gave her all the documents we had together.. she didn’t even look at them, just attached to all the papers of our case.. she then asked us how we meet and we told her our story with the dates and everything.. she was taking notes of everything we said. She asked about our wedding, where was it and if family attended.. I wanted to show her the pictures I had but she didn’t even look.. at the end she asked my husband about his work and happened that she already worked at the same area before so they were super talking about that.. she was really friendly, laughing and everything. 

She said we were good and that she would recommend us to approval.. took a while filling stuff in the computer and putting all the stamps on the papers.. we had to sign the paper that says when we need to renew the green card and she gave us some advice to keep all the documents we have together and future stuff cuz to renew the green card will need to show all that again and everything else we gonna have from the next two years.. 

So I was really happy everything was smooth.. no strees needed.. 

And my case status already changed for card being produced.. she said I’ll receive it within two weeks! 

Quick question for you! Did you need to obtain a new medical for the interview? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Just-in-case18 said:

Quick question for you! Did you need to obtain a new medical for the interview? 

No new medical.. just submitted the vaccine papers on the application.. she didn’t ask anything about medicals on the interview. And technically my medical is already expired since I did it in November 2017.. but when I submitted the application was still within the one year. So didn’t have any problem with that. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, CindyS said:

No new medical.. just submitted the vaccine papers on the application.. she didn’t ask anything about medicals on the interview. And technically my medical is already expired since I did it in November 2017.. but when I submitted the application was still within the one year. So didn’t have any problem with that. 

Thank you! My husbands was done May 2018 so we wanted to make sure we didn’t need to bring anything other than the vaccine paperwork. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, CindyS said:

Hey everyone! New update here.. Had my interview today in the morning here in San Diego.. for some reason we weren’t really nervous, I think with everything prepared there is no reason for that. 

we had the interview with a really nice lady.. first she just checked my documents, birth certificate, passport and I94, and just went through the I485, checking with me my full name, date and city of birth, my husband full name and date of birth too, just following the application.. went to all the yes/no questions about terrorism and all that.. simple stuff, really normal, she was being nice nothing super serious or anything, super chill.. she asked if I had any joint assets that I wanted to submit and I just gave her all the documents we had together.. she didn’t even look at them, just attached to all the papers of our case.. she then asked us how we meet and we told her our story with the dates and everything.. she was taking notes of everything we said. She asked about our wedding, where was it and if family attended.. I wanted to show her the pictures I had but she didn’t even look.. at the end she asked my husband about his work and happened that she already worked at the same area before so they were super talking about that.. she was really friendly, laughing and everything. 

She said we were good and that she would recommend us to approval.. took a while filling stuff in the computer and putting all the stamps on the papers.. we had to sign the paper that says when we need to renew the green card and she gave us some advice to keep all the documents we have together and future stuff cuz to renew the green card will need to show all that again and everything else we gonna have from the next two years.. 

So I was really happy everything was smooth.. no strees needed.. 

And my case status already changed for card being produced.. she said I’ll receive it within two weeks! 

good for you 🙂

could you please share with us some of your evidence that you submitted?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
45 minutes ago, akoko-01 said:

good for you 🙂

could you please share with us some of your evidence that you submitted?

I had our rental agreement, utility bill, car insurance, document from my husbands work with me as a beneficiary, copy of our health insurance cards, and some correspondence that had both names on it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline

Hello fellow VJers,

I submitted my I-130 on 9/5/18 and NOA date of 9/7/18. Then filed for AOS on 12/7/18 and an priority date of 9/7/18. At the same time 12/7/18 we filed for I-765 and I-131. I wanted to know what steps I need to expedite both EAD and AP since the AOS will take forever. We have a trip planned in January 2019. Please help. Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
10 hours ago, truetrue1982 said:

Hello fellow VJers,

I submitted my I-130 on 9/5/18 and NOA date of 9/7/18. Then filed for AOS on 12/7/18 and an priority date of 9/7/18. At the same time 12/7/18 we filed for I-765 and I-131. I wanted to know what steps I need to expedite both EAD and AP since the AOS will take forever. We have a trip planned in January 2019. Please help. Thank you

I'm sorry to be a bummer but it's not realistic at all to think that you can have an expedite AP in less than a month just for a vacation purpose. First of all the expedite AP is only for extremely urgent situations, a trip is not one of them. And even if you are in a situation that can justify an expedite EAD/AP,  they have so many applications that it's still takes months to get it.

You can still call the USCIS and ask for an expedite but according to what you're gonna say they might denied it directly the next days.

Edited by Gibus

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.