1,373 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
On 11/28/2018 at 9:08 AM, Jessica829 said:

We did our biometrics on 9/25 and haven't had any updates since then either. Really I'm assuming we'll be lucky to get the green card in 2019 considering we're in LA proper. Seems like EA/APs are going out to June/July filers now, so still a bit of a wait until I'll be concerned. 

Same, my office is in San Bernardino. Still in LA. I did my biometrics on November 2th, filed AOS and EAD/AP together on September 20th. No updates on biometrics yet, just "Fingerprint Fee Was Received". I don't expect my EAD/AP combo until late January, early February, since most people are reporting 4-5 months the estimate wait. My AOS is for F2B.

Hi All,

Thought I would post in this thread as I checked my USCIS account this evening and noticed my I-131 application has been updated with the following: 

Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed

On November 28, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by December 28, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I am still awaiting the letter in the mail which will detail what this RFIE refers to, but am devastated as I understand this will "reset" my PD 😥 

I checked through my application (I made copies prior to mailing it) and am honestly unsure as to what could be the issue. The only thing that stands out is that I did not include an explanation as to why I was requesting AP (Part 7 on the application), although I was under the impression this was not required for AOS applications.

For the record, both my I-765 and I-485 have seemingly gone through smoothly thus far, and currently show as "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" in my USCIS account.

Will be sure to keep you all updated on developments as I imagine this is going to be a bit of a headache moving forward...

Edited by sremlif

38 minutes ago, sremlif said:

Hi All,

Thought I would post in this thread as I checked my USCIS account this evening and noticed my I-131 application has been updated with the following: 

Request for Initial Evidence Was Mailed

On November 28, 2018, we mailed a request for initial evidence for your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxxxxxx. The request for evidence explains what we need from you. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the request for evidence. If you do not receive your request for evidence by December 28, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I am still awaiting the letter in the mail which will detail what this RFIE refers to, but am devastated as I understand this will "reset" my PD 😥 

I checked through my application (I made copies prior to mailing it) and am honestly unsure as to what could be the issue. The only thing that stands out is that I did not include an explanation as to why I was requesting AP (Part 7 on the application), although I was under the impression this was not required for AOS applications.

For the record, both my I-765 and I-485 have seemingly gone through smoothly thus far, and currently show as "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" in my USCIS account.

Will be sure to keep you all updated on developments as I imagine this is going to be a bit of a headache moving forward...

Can you show us a copy of your I131 coverpage with table of contents? If it's an RFIE it's a document you're missing and maybe we can help sort it out before the paper copy arrives.

9 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Can you show us a copy of your I131 coverpage with table of contents? If it's an RFIE it's a document you're missing and maybe we can help sort it out before the paper copy arrives.

Sure thing! That would be really helpful. I sent the following with my I-131 application:

• Completed I-131 application form
  • 2 Passport Photos
  • Copy of passport biographical page
  • Copy of K1 Visa
  • Copy of electronic I-94

Payment was also sent for my entire AOS packet which was accepted and cashed the following week, so really not sure what I might be missing here.

In terms of an actual coverpage, I only submitted one for all three applications (I-485, I-765 and I-131) but separated each form and evidence into a separate folder which I marked accordingly.

Edited by sremlif

6 minutes ago, sremlif said:

Sure thing! That would be really helpful. I sent the following with my I-131 application:

• Completed I-131 application form
  • 2 Passport Photos
  • Copy of passport biographical page
  • Copy of K1 Visa
  • Copy of electronic I-94

Payment was also sent for my entire AOS packet which was accepted and cashed the following week, so really not sure what I might be missing here.

In terms of an actual coverpage, I only submitted one for all three applications (I-485, I-765 and I-131) but separated each form and evidence into a separate folder which I marked accordingly.

Perfect!

As a K1 you may be missing the following: 

•A photocopy of your Certified Marriage Certificate

•A photocopy of your NOA2 receipt from your K1 petition

Keep I mind, any of the original documents may have just gone missing. It's not wise to not have seperate cover letters for each form. The reason for that is they seperate the packages. The I765 and I131 are processed at the NBC while the I485 is processed at your local field office. So the moment they send the I485 off to be processed, your I765 and your I131 have no cover letter. An adjudicator would have no idea what you enclosed with your I131 due to the lack of a cover page. It would be extremely easy to misplace a document and have no idea that they did because you didnt submit a seperate cover letter for them to compare your package to.

Make sense why you need seperate cover pages now?

On 11/30/2018 at 3:27 PM, Rebecca & Kelvin said:

I'm on the same boat. Got "case is ready to be scheduled for interview" on Nov 7th, then yesterday (Nov 29th) changed to "fingerprint review was completed".

Same thing for me, from ready to schedule interview to fingerprint review is completed on 29 november, made me confused, i dont know if its a good or bad sign

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi  everyone,

I was filed AOS on 10 Sep ( on  my receipt but on the webside 19 Sep) and i went to bio on Oct, 09.

For my I-485 was change to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" 43 days ago.

For my I-765 was change to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" 55 days ago.

My Receipt Number start with MSC.

So Does anyone the same me and get interview already?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 11/28/2018 at 3:51 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

I'm moving to FL or NC😆

Congrats for a swift process!

I would pick FL, no state income tax there, and no yearly vehicle tax.

Edited by Calidas

Removing Conditions 

I-751 Sent:    04-Nov-2020

i-751 Received: 10-Nov-2020

Fee charged: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1 Received: 17-Dec-2020

24 mo. Extension: 15-Nov-2021

12 hours ago, IamAR said:

Hi  everyone,

I was filed AOS on 10 Sep ( on  my receipt but on the webside 19 Sep) and i went to bio on Oct, 09.

For my I-485 was change to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview" 43 days ago.

For my I-765 was change to "Fingerprint Review Was Completed" 55 days ago.

My Receipt Number start with MSC.

So Does anyone the same me and get interview already?

The statuses dont mean much this time around and often update at an incorrect time or not at all (ever).

All K1 AOS packages start out at the NBC (everyone here will have a receipt number starting with MSC).

Interview timing will depend on the processing times of your local field office. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I hope nobody here had an interview scheduled today, all offices are closed in memory of Georges Bush. Don't expect mail from USPS as well.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

2 minutes ago, Gibus said:

I hope nobody here had an interview scheduled today, all offices are closed in memory of Georges Bush. Don't expect mail from USPS as well.

I heard. To my surprise my 80s tune blasting mail truck driver just did a spin through my culdesac.. he went fast enough to make me think he just figured out he has the day off mid circle. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hi everyione,

My aos interview is scheduled for January,  can anyone tell me if already had how was it? What questions they ask, did u bring pictures, what kind of evidence they asked? What kind of documents ? Thanks !

5 hours ago, paracelsus said:

Hi everyione,

My aos interview is scheduled for January,  can anyone tell me if already had how was it? What questions they ask, did u bring pictures, what kind of evidence they asked? What kind of documents ? Thanks !

Congratulations on your interview being scheduled, im just curious , in your timeline you have chicago as field office. Isnt chicago field office busy and takes around a year to scheduel an interview? You are having yours in less than 4 months which is awesome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.