1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, just changed my AOS status now to “interview scheduled” now just waiting for the appointment letter in the mail.

@Naes hello, can you help me? what do I need to bring for my interview? I will be with my husband and our 2yrs old daughter. Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 3:31 AM, Annaguilar said:

Hey guys!!

Nice to see some of you again!! 😀😀

Anybody from Las Vegas here?

I'm on 'ready to be scheduled for interview' status on my i 485 and 'fingerprint review completed' status on my ead. anxious as to how long this field office process petitions. Do you guys have any idea? 

Thanksss!! 

I'm in Las Vegas too!! Just received my biometric appointment notice!!!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I had my greencard interview today in the Atlanta Field Office. The officer's name was Swift. He was very nice and correct. He went over my application first asking basic questions (where we live, where I lived before, ...) And making sure the info was correct. Then he asked the questions about terrorism etc. Then he asked for some proof. We had tons of proof, so I asked which things he'd prefer to see. I gave him bills, joint accounts, affidavits from family, rental agreement. I had more, like pics etc but I think he got the gist. 

He went through a few more things and then said I was approved. I think he was one of the toptier officers as he was able to make that decision on the spot? Not sure.

He was friendly, and we didn't really get any questions. He did ask my husband when he came to me (twice), but nothing much more.

I was stressed out because one officer gets to decide over your future, but in the end, it was not weird, nor did we get the impression he was out to get anyone. I think his experience normally points him towards possible trouble and we weren't a blip on his intuitive radar.

After we were approved, he went over the AP/EAD card (that it's no longer valid now, as I was approved for the greencard), where my greencard would be sent (our home address), how long it would take (four to six weeks), what "conditional" meant, how to apply to remove those conditions, and how and when to become a US citizen.

We had a very positive experience.

The only thing that was risky, was that I did not have an updated medical, but he clearly knew I didn't need this, although he did ask if I had an updated one or not (I didn't). It wasn't a problem.

Timeline
1 hour ago, moosy said:

I had my greencard interview today in the Atlanta Field Office. The officer's name was Swift. He was very nice and correct. He went over my application first asking basic questions (where we live, where I lived before, ...) And making sure the info was correct. Then he asked the questions about terrorism etc. Then he asked for some proof. We had tons of proof, so I asked which things he'd prefer to see. I gave him bills, joint accounts, affidavits from family, rental agreement. I had more, like pics etc but I think he got the gist. 

He went through a few more things and then said I was approved. I think he was one of the toptier officers as he was able to make that decision on the spot? Not sure.

He was friendly, and we didn't really get any questions. He did ask my husband when he came to me (twice), but nothing much more.

I was stressed out because one officer gets to decide over your future, but in the end, it was not weird, nor did we get the impression he was out to get anyone. I think his experience normally points him towards possible trouble and we weren't a blip on his intuitive radar.

After we were approved, he went over the AP/EAD card (that it's no longer valid now, as I was approved for the greencard), where my greencard would be sent (our home address), how long it would take (four to six weeks), what "conditional" meant, how to apply to remove those conditions, and how and when to become a US citizen.

The only thing that was risky, was that I did not have an updated medical, but he clearly knew I didn't need this, although he did ask if I had an updated one or not (I didn't). It wasn't a problem.

Congrats!! 

What is affidavit from family?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 10/22/2018 at 8:47 AM, Gibus said:

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate :)

I think what happened is when they checked the package the first time they saw my check with the correct amount and processed the application but realized later that it wasn't preprinted like it should have been. 

Just wanted to say I'm sorry for this, but I hope it will be a quick turnover and they won't make you do everything twice.. what does the status of your old application says?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys!

Quick question. Our status just has been changed to Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview.

How long does it takes to be really scheduled?

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

3 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

Hey guys!

Quick question. Our status just has been changed to Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview.

If you have confirmation that your GC is being processed at your local service centre (in Miami??) You can check the processing times of that SC on the USCIS processing times webpage.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Oldrae said:

Congrats!! 

What is affidavit from family?

It's a letter from family members that state who they are, what their relationship is to you two, and that they confirm you're married and seem happy. They need to add a copy of their driver's license. We had them from my parents in Belgium (with copy of their ID), from his parents, and his uncle as my husband is close to him. 

They just state simple things, like "I am X's mother. X and Y often come by for a cup of coffee. They seem happy together.". Something like that but in their own words.

He didn't really read them , but added them to the file.

They're not necessary, but I got them anyway.

Timeline
6 hours ago, moosy said:

So sorry, I filed September 2017 not 2018!!! I didn't see I wrote this in the wrong topic. Yikes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

Hey guys!

That will depend on your FO, no telling when that could be. Some FO's are way faster than others. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 10/17/2018 at 3:31 AM, Annaguilar said:

Hey guys!!

Nice to see some of you again!! 😀😀

Anybody from Las Vegas here?

I'm on 'ready to be scheduled for interview' status on my i 485 and 'fingerprint review completed' status on my ead. anxious as to how long this field office process petitions. Do you guys have any idea? 

Thanksss!! 

Hey I`m from Vegas too:P 

same status as you for 11 days now...no idea how long is it gonna take, I just hope shorter than these website estimation:P

At least we are lucky to enjoy nice Vegas weather...makes things a lot easier:D

Timeline
16 hours ago, moosy said:

It's a letter from family members that state who they are, what their relationship is to you two, and that they confirm you're married and seem happy. They need to add a copy of their driver's license. We had them from my parents in Belgium (with copy of their ID), from his parents, and his uncle as my husband is close to him. 

They just state simple things, like "I am X's mother. X and Y often come by for a cup of coffee. They seem happy together.". Something like that but in their own words.

He didn't really read them , but added them to the file.

They're not necessary, but I got them anyway.

Thank you 😊

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 10/20/2018 at 4:34 PM, Gibus said:

Well it says that I have to file a new application, wait again for NOA 1 and biometrics. So loosing the progress I made since early September 😕

Just out of curiosity and sorry if you already covered this. What does the status of your 131 and 751 say?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.