1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
7 hours ago, A_R said:

Hi,

Thanks a lot for answering my queries - any idea how long it takes for the i94 to get updated?

They advice to wait 2 weeks before applying for a SSN so your I-94 get updated, but usually it takes less time, but you can check it online.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys!!

Nice to see some of you again!! 😀😀

Anybody from Las Vegas here?

I'm on 'ready to be scheduled for interview' status on my i 485 and 'fingerprint review completed' status on my ead. anxious as to how long this field office process petitions. Do you guys have any idea? 

Thanksss!! 

4 hours ago, Annaguilar said:

Hey guys!!

Nice to see some of you again!! 😀😀

Anybody from Las Vegas here?

I'm on 'ready to be scheduled for interview' status on my i 485 and 'fingerprint review completed' status on my ead. anxious as to how long this field office process petitions. Do you guys have any idea? 

Thanksss!! 

USCIS currently states 14.5 to 25 months for I485 applications for Las Vegas.

Here you go (you can check when you'd like now):

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 10/15/2018 at 12:16 PM, Johnp12 said:

Hello All - 

I just joined VB. Happy to see you all!.

Below is my timeline

AOS Mailed: 09/04/2018

Text Messages: 09/07/2018

NOA:09/11/2018

Bio Metrics: Still waiting

I see lot of you got Bio metrics, But I'm still waiting. My application is at California Service Center and I live in Virginia. Let me know If any one is in same boat.

All the best to everyone!

My application was received on 24th September, which is a bit later than yours but, nonetheless, I'm also still waiting for the biometrics appointment QQ.

Good luck!

Hi Guys, 

can one of you answer my question so I got an update for AOS 13 days ago saying that "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" are we suppose to get an update for the EAD as well or USCIS doesn't notify and just sends the combo card? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi, I filed for AOS and EAD last month (14th September). I had my biometrics done in Houston on 4th October, the appointment was booked for 10th but I did a walk in instead as it was more convenient. My status changed 2 days ago to waiting for an interview to be scheduled so I'm a little relieved threat I wasn't asked for a RFE

Good luck to everyone waiting. 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I got my first emails from the USCIS saying "We are still reviewing your case and there's no updates at this time". But to me it is an update because it says "We last took action on your case on October 4"  just after my biometrics and my case status haven't changed since September 11 and still on "fingerprint fee was received".

So I suppose it should be showing interview is ready to be scheduled instead.

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Hi guys! 

My i485 says “Fingerprint review was Completed” but my EAD says “Case was Received.” Was it supposed to update at the same time? Bio appointment was Oct 9.

Edited by TND

Timeline

I’m an August 24 filler NOA1 from August 28th, still don’t have biometric appointment, but on September 20th my status on USCIS website changed to “ your case is ready to be scheduled to interview “ I see some people who filled at the end of August still didn’t have a biometric, I just wonder if it’s ok that my status changed to ready for interview without biometrics?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Anuta_snowy said:

I’m an August 24 filler NOA1 from August 28th, still don’t have biometric appointment, but on September 20th my status on USCIS website changed to “ your case is ready to be scheduled to interview “ I see some people who filled at the end of August still didn’t have a biometric, I just wonder if it’s ok that my status changed to ready for interview without biometrics?

Ready to be scheduled for interview only means that NBC thinks the materials u submitted is sufficient. They don't deal with biometrics
I don't think you will actually get an interview scheduled until you do biometrics.

Your biometrics letter should have come by now since those tend to be done between 4-5 weeks of filling (update ur VJ timeline so we can help better guide you)

If you don't get it by this weekend, consider calling USCIS to see what's up. That is definitely not normal

Timeline
33 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

Ready to be scheduled for interview only means that NBC thinks the materials u submitted is sufficient. They don't deal with biometrics
I don't think you will actually get an interview scheduled until you do biometrics.

Your biometrics letter should have come by now since those tend to be done between 4-5 weeks of filling (update ur VJ timeline so we can help better guide you)

If you don't get it by this weekend, consider calling USCIS to see what's up. That is definitely not normal

Thank you for answer. Updated my timeline. I called to USCIS and made a request last Friday they told me to wait 15-30 days

4 hours ago, Anuta_snowy said:

Thank you for answer. Updated my timeline. I called to USCIS and made a request last Friday they told me to wait 15-30 days

Let me know how this goes.

I raised a SR last week and they told me it is taking long and they may reuse previous bio information and the fee wont be refunded.

Went for a Info pass, they said they dont have any control on CSC since I live in east coast and I need to wait. Very frustrating. Never thought Bio metrics was going to be hassle. Very frustrating!!!

Edited by Johnp12

On 10/17/2018 at 12:41 PM, Linkie said:

My application was received on 24th September, which is a bit later than yours but, nonetheless, I'm also still waiting for the biometrics appointment QQ.

Good luck!

I think you still have time. Raise a SR once it crosses 30 days from the day you receive receipt notice.

Good Luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I have a query. Is there anywhere in the process that you are required to submit the original birth certificate/ English translation of the K1 Fiancé at the AOS stage or green card stage?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.