1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Yep. I’d say give it a month and if it’s still not changing call them and say that although you gave your fingerprints and biometrics are done your status did not update.

Looks like I'm gonna do that, I also haven't heard form my expedite advance parole I guess it's the same problem with the updates...

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband had his biometrics appointment this morning here in Charlotte and it was a breeze. Came home to a Request for Initial Evidence because I'm a dope and submitted an outdated I-864. So... just finished getting that together and will send it out first thing tomorrow! Otherwise things are pretty much wedded bliss over here for us!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

@Gibus

Apparently complaining for a whole day by myself helped or something! My case status just changed to "case is ready to be scheduled" now my long long wait begins.. as my field office is not giving out interviews less than a year anyway...

Timeline

@Naes

Mine hasn't changed yet but I'm gonna look closer! I really hope I can get updates at least.. I remember seeing a list ranking all the field offices and mine was at the bottom as well. It's a small one but living a few miles from the south border I'm sure they are pretty busy too!

K-1 Visa

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

@Naes,

Do you have a screen shot of your I485 supporting documents you sent? I've seen your list for I765 and I131 but not the I485 (I dont think).

Someone in another group is confusing me hugely by saying I must submit a copy of my USC's divorce decree when really my AOS application has nothing to do with his previous divorce and the I485 only asks for my prior marriages information. They are also stating I must send a copy of the all of the pages of my passport as the applicant PLUS the pages of my USC spouse's passport to show all of our travels in those passports. I just dont see how that is relevant now or where in the I485 instructions/on the form that info would satisfy anything...

Any clarification? Could you provide that screen shot to clear my head. I'm rereading the I485 instructions profusely and cant see the relevance of either of those documents.

Hi all, 

My case was received on August 31. Fees accepted Sept  7. So unsure which group I fall under. I follow both August and September :)  anyway, does anyone know how long it takes for Uscis to update after biometrics? I had my fingerprints taken on October 3rd. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

@Naes,

Do you have a screen shot of your I485 supporting documents you sent? I've seen your list for I765 and I131 but not the I485 (I dont think).

Someone in another group is confusing me hugely by saying I must submit a copy of my USC's divorce decree when really my AOS application has nothing to do with his previous divorce and the I485 only asks for my prior marriages information. They are also stating I must send a copy of the all of the pages of my passport as the applicant PLUS the pages of my USC spouse's passport to show all of our travels in those passports. I just dont see how that is relevant now or where in the I485 instructions/on the form that info would satisfy anything...

Any clarification? Could you provide that screen shot to clear my head. I'm rereading the I485 instructions profusely and cant see the relevance of either of those documents.

I don't know about divorce decrees we don't have any  (but all the samples I checked I don't think I ever seen this in them) 

USC spouse passport is not needed especially all the pages to show passport stamps.. - bio data page or birth certificate is all I-864 needs. you will see I added other proof of relationship, but this wasn't necessary either. I just had it so I added it -  but normally aos from k1 only needs marriage certificate.

1.    Payment in the amount of $1225 (1 page)

[$1140.00 Adjustment of Status Application Fee, $85.00 Biometrics Fee]

2.    Form G-1145, e-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (1 page)

3.    Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (18 pages)

4.    Passport Style Photographs (x2 attached on a page) (1 page)

5.    Copy of International Birth Certificate “FORMUL A” with Apostille and Translation (3 pages)

6.    Copy of Extract of Vital Records and Translation (4 pages)

7.    Copy of biographic data page of passport (1 page)

8.    Copy of K1 visa and entry stamp (1 page)

9.    Copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record (1 page)

10.  Copy of I-797, Notice of Approval for the I-129F petition (1 page)

11.  Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, Form DS-3025 (2 pages)

12.  Copy of Certified copy of marriage certificate (1 page)

13.  Other Proof of Relationship (41 pages)

a.     Wedding Ceremony and Reception Photos – Carpinteria, CA, August 18, 2018 (3 pages)

b.     Copy of Joint Bank Statements (Checking and Savings Accounts) (25 pages)

c.     Copy of Rental Agreement & Lease Addendum (10 pages)

d.     Copy of Renters Insurance Policy (3 pages)

14.  I-864, Affidavit of Support from my husband along with the following documents: (39 pages)

a.     Form I-864, Affidavit of Support (10 pages)

b.     Recent six (6) months paystubs  (12 pages)

c.     Copies of W2’s for years the past three (3) years  (7 pages)

d.     Copies of IRS tax transcripts for the past three (3) years (8 pages)

e.     Biographic data page of passport of petitioner/sponsor (1 page)

f.      Copy of birth certificate of the petitioner/sponsor (1 page)

15.  I-864, Affidavit of Support from joint sponsor my mother-in-law along with the following documents: (45 pages)

b.     Employment Verification Number Cover Letter and “The Work Number” Brochure (3 pages)

c.     Recent six (6) months paystubs (13 pages)

d.     Copies of W2’s for years the past three (3) years (3 pages)

e.     Copies of IRS tax transcripts for the past three (3) years (15 pages)

f.      Biographic data page of passport of joint sponsor (1 page)

3 minutes ago, Naes said:

I don't know about divorce decrees we don't have any  (but all the samples I checked I don't think I ever seen this in them) 

USC spouse passport is not needed especially all the pages to show passport stamps.. - bio data page or birth certificate is all I-864 needs. you will see I added other proof of relationship, but this wasn't necessary either. I just had it so I added it -  but normally aos from k1 only needs marriage certificate.

1.    Payment in the amount of $1225 (1 page)

[$1140.00 Adjustment of Status Application Fee, $85.00 Biometrics Fee]

2.    Form G-1145, e-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (1 page)

3.    Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (18 pages)

4.    Passport Style Photographs (x2 attached on a page) (1 page)

5.    Copy of International Birth Certificate “FORMUL A” with Apostille and Translation (3 pages)

6.    Copy of Extract of Vital Records and Translation (4 pages)

7.    Copy of biographic data page of passport (1 page)

8.    Copy of K1 visa and entry stamp (1 page)

9.    Copy of Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record (1 page)

10.  Copy of I-797, Notice of Approval for the I-129F petition (1 page)

11.  Copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, Form DS-3025 (2 pages)

12.  Copy of Certified copy of marriage certificate (1 page)

13.  Other Proof of Relationship (41 pages)

a.     Wedding Ceremony and Reception Photos – Carpinteria, CA, August 18, 2018 (3 pages)

b.     Copy of Joint Bank Statements (Checking and Savings Accounts) (25 pages)

c.     Copy of Rental Agreement & Lease Addendum (10 pages)

d.     Copy of Renters Insurance Policy (3 pages)

14.  I-864, Affidavit of Support from my husband along with the following documents: (39 pages)

b.     Recent six (6) months paystubs  (12 pages)

c.     Copies of W2’s for years the past three (3) years  (7 pages)

d.     Copies of IRS tax transcripts for the past three (3) years (8 pages)

e.     Biographic data page of passport of petitioner/sponsor (1 page)

f.      Copy of birth certificate of the petitioner/sponsor (1 page)

15.  I-864, Affidavit of Support from joint sponsor my mother-in-law along with the following documents: (45 pages)

b.     Employment Verification Number Cover Letter and “The Work Number” Brochure (3 pages)

c.     Recent six (6) months paystubs (13 pages)

d.     Copies of W2’s for years the past three (3) years (3 pages)

e.     Copies of IRS tax transcripts for the past three (3) years (15 pages)

f.      Biographic data page of passport of joint sponsor (1 page)

Thanks hunny! I really appreciate it. I do have all my bases covered after all. I am going to attach my husband's divorce decree again just to be safe. 

One more thing ....Did you include your WAC receipt number for the I129F as your underlying petition with the NOA1 received date or did you leave that part blank?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Gibus said:

@Naes

Mine hasn't changed yet but I'm gonna look closer! I really hope I can get updates at least.. I remember seeing a list ranking all the field offices and mine was at the bottom as well. It's a small one but living a few miles from the south border I'm sure they are pretty busy too!

I know many people in my office didn't get their status change. and my I-765 didn't change nor my status in the new site. so they are pretty messed up... I caught it on case tracker app by the way by accident, the mail came even later.

I understand borders would be busy, sometimes I wanna move just to get this going :D . I have no idea why where I am is that busy.. but oh well. can't do much other than waiting...

Timeline
Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

Thanks hunny! I really appreciate it. I do have all my bases covered after all. I am going to attach my husband's divorce decree again just to be safe. 

One more thing ....Did you include your WAC receipt number for the I129F as your underlying petition with the NOA1 received date or did you leave that part blank?

yes I wrote the WAC number with the noa1 date. After searching I decided I-129f is counted as underlying petition even though it is not an active petition, and decided thats why they're asking for the noa2. 

Just now, Naes said:

yes I wrote the WAC number with the noa1 date. After searching I decided I-129f is counted as underlying petition even though it is not an active petition, and decided thats why they're asking for the noa2. 

Agreed. Thanks again!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Colorred said:

Hi all, 

My case was received on August 31. Fees accepted Sept  7. So unsure which group I fall under. I follow both August and September :)  anyway, does anyone know how long it takes for Uscis to update after biometrics? I had my fingerprints taken on October 3rd. 

Had biometrics on Oct 2, case status changed on Oct 10.

Some cases seems to never update. And some says fingerprint review completed, some says case is ready to be scheduled for an interview... 

Timeline

@K1visaHopeful I sent the copy of my US spouse divorce decree too, I think I read somewhere that it was needed but I don't remember where.

K-1 Visa

AOS/EAD/AP:

17 minutes ago, Gibus said:

@K1visaHopeful I sent the copy of my US spouse divorce decree too, I think I read somewhere that it was needed but I don't remember where.

Perfect! I cant find anywhere in the instructions that would make it's submission relevant but in going to send it anyways just in case. Thanks for your input!

Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Perfect! I cant find anywhere in the instructions that would make it's submission relevant but in going to send it anyways just in case. Thanks for your input!

In the I-485 instructions page 10 - part 6 - Second paragraph ;)

K-1 Visa

AOS/EAD/AP:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.