1,357 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, KatziGuthmann said:

Aw, some people are so lucky to get the biometrics appointment close to home.. mine is like 3 hours away, and it’s gonna be my wife’s busiest day at work, so I’ll take a bus to get there alone.. anyone else as lucky as me?

Geesh! Do you have info/a link on how to research where the closest locations are? I'd like to be prepared as I live in Hicksville too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Geesh! Do you have info/a link on how to research where the closest locations are? I'd like to be prepared as I live in Hicksville too.

Biometrics will be at an application support center; you can find yours here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

AOS interview will be at a field office; you can find yours here: https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
8 hours ago, dpcalbears said:

hello people!

About to send out the AOS package. 

Is form G325A required to be filled with i-485?

Hi. The G325A is not longer Require. 

I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you ❤️

6A198021-A7C3-405C-A1FD-28C831D642CC.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi there! Guess I fall into this group as I filed on 09/26. Just buckling down for the long wait, and trying not to burn through all our savings! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm gonna be filing mine next week.. so i'll be an october filer. but i'll be following your thread as well! just letting you guys know! good luck to everyone! hope everyone's goes smoothly!

K1 Visa:
Sent: 12 - 20 - 2017   ||   Received: 12 - 21 - 2017   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 26 - 2017   ||   NOA 2: 07 - 1 - 18   ||  NVC Received: 08 - 02 - 2018 

||  NVC Assigned MNC: 08 - 07 - 2018  ||   USEM Received: 08 - 09 -2018   ||  Interview Date: 08 - 20 - 2018   ||  Visa on Hand: 08 - 24 - 2018   ||  CFO Seminar: 08 - 31 - 2018    ||  POE: 09 - 05 - 2018    ||  Wedding: 09 -16 - 2018

AOS:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

EAD:
Sent: 11 - 20 - 2018   ||   Received: 11 - 23 - 2018   ||   NOA 1: 12 - 03 - 2018   ||  

AP:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 9/29/2018 at 12:41 PM, Mara Liceth said:

Hi. The G325A is not longer Require. 

I dont know, i sent them as much as possible just to make sure they get everything theh need :) even that g325a for both of us

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Anyone here from California that was able to apply for state id/driver lic and change ssn name with just ssn and aos noa1 ? m just curious - biometrics is scheduled tomorrow might as well drop by dmv 

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

Hi Gang,

Here we go again. Uscis is driving me nuts. First, Illinois lockbox team rejected aos package, as I used an outdated form 😮

Now after I resubmited everything I get a yellow RFE from Lee Summit MO asking for birth certificate as it was missing. Urghh I swear I included an original with a translation.

I guess I got no choice but sending again. Anyone had same happen to them? 

Should I call the misinformation toll free line?

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone, told myself I wasn’t going to lurk on visajourney until the end of October yet here I am😂 Hoping this won’t be as stressful as the K1 process but we’ll soon see about that!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Anyone here from California that was able to apply for state id/driver lic and change ssn name with just ssn and aos noa1 ? m just curious - biometrics is scheduled tomorrow might as well drop by dmv 

I don't think it is possible in California unfortunately because of its proof of identity documents.

The last one would work with Valid/unexpired foreign passport with an approved record of arrival/departure (I-94) however, when they give you under k1, as it expires in 90 days of entry (expiration of I-94) the license also expires. So I am not trying till I get my ead. California accepts driver's license from other countries to be used, I believe up to 6 months of entry. 

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/0818af9b-f2a8-4cec-9001-10dd2a9f56d3/Commercial_dl_DocsList.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CVID=

Edited by Naes

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, CaptainAmerica said:

Hello to everyone on this thread! I've just spent ages catching up on everyone's posts until I decided to chime in... I've been here since mid-May, married June 1st and had my NOA1 on 20th July. It's amazing to me that some people have already had interviews! Congratulations to those people. I'm in the Los Angeles area, so I'm not holding my breath to get my interview anytime soon. I had my biometrics done in August and my case status changed to 'ready to be scheduled' since August 17th but no change since then. I'd resigned myself that I wouldn't get my EAD or AP until at least late November or early December, but if those are coming sooner that would be a blessing. I would love to be able to go home for Christmas, but I'm not planning anything until I have the AP in hand! 

I've seen a few people mention getting their driving licences, and it's odd how much it differs from state to state. California is the same pain as that once your I-94 expires, you're back in limboland in the DMV's eyes... I even called California Highway Patrol to ask their thoughts on driving on a UK licence, but they advised I can't. You're a California resident in their eyes, and so you must have a California licence (though the man I spoke to was so friendly and recognised the absurd situation). Thankfully there is the AB60 option. I have that licence, and I'll explain how I got it! 

I initially had quite a fiasco with the DMV (after spending four hours waiting/being seen on my first visit) but I was able to apply for a temporary licence within my i-94 window. I had my written test during my first visit and passed, and was very lucky in being able to find a practical test slot two weeks later. I'd already been driving my husband's car during my previous visits to him (on my UK licence) but wanted to make sure I was able to drive to the California test standard, so I took a few lessons with an instructor so that I'd feel more confident and also know how to pass the test. Thankfully I managed to pass first time! BUT, after passing my test I really only had two weeks of a licence before that would expire. This is when I put in three separate calls to the main DMV call centre, and they helped me clear up what I could do. Each person I spoke to was well aware of this limbo issue for certain visas, and were helpful in how I could resolve the problem. 

California DMV won't accept any other form of verification that you are legally within the US until your EAD is ready, in order to get a regular licence (or the new RealID). They do however provide the AB60 licence, which functions similarly to a regular driving licence with limitations ie you can't use it to fly (which is no problem if you have a passport), or for work authorisation. If you can provide the DMV with your passport, SSN, and proof of residence, you should be able to get an AB60 with no problem. I'd read that there is a secondary review which can take a long time, but twice upon talking to the DMV over the phone, they told me that I had enough documentation to successfully get the AB60 - but I had to go to a specific driving licence processing centre to get that ie not every local office can process it. Fortunately there was one processing centre only a short drive from me, so I went there to prepare to wait hours again. Thankfully I was done in 90 minutes! I'd brought my passport, current temporary licence (that had just expired), SSN card with the slip including my address, bank statements, and even my marriage and birth certificate in case they needed those. All that I needed to show them again was my passport, SSN card and bank statements for proof of residency. And that was it. I received my California licence in the mail just over a week later, and it's been a blessing to have it. My husband and I are looking to buy a new car, and just having that licence with me has been such a help. Once I receive my EAD, I just need to go back to the DMV again to swap the licence for a RealID. 

I hope this information helps anyone else in a similar situation, although it might be that you can now hold out for the EAD if these really might be with us by next month! 

6 hours ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

I’ve just read the above post in July filers, it has info on California drivers license (ab60) if you want to check.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.