1,357 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Mr & Mr said:

And when you have got email? Im just curious, they received our case yesterday at 12 pm and nothing yet. No email, no sms, nothing. Just curious how long them takes to send notification after receiving?

Sent on 29th August 

they received on 31st August 

text/email on 11 September 

in mail 15th September 

I wouldn’t expect anything for at least a week.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, SanaW said:

Hi guys I have a question that one of you can help answer, so we are trying to get Social Security for my Husband he came here on a K1 visa and we went to our local SS office with his passport, I94 and our marriage certificate and they told us that because his status change because we got married it needs to change on the I94 as well and I printed out the I94 and it still says that my fiance came to the US on Fiance Visa and the lady told us that we need to go to the immigration office and have his status changed and then we can apply for his SS! I though a person can hold an SS on fiance visa, is anyone else having the same problem? and you guys please advice me on what to do! 

For an easy change you should have gone to SSA before getting married. He is no longer a fiancé. And most officers are not familiar with the process unfortunately.

you can try another office and hope someone will give you a different answer (cause it sometimes depends on the officer you got) this resolves the situation in most cases, how many days left on his I-94 by the way?

the worst case scenario you will get it after he has his status/ead.

check these posts:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/156-social-security-numbers/

Edited by Naes
Additional info!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Naes said:

Sent on 29th August 

they received on 31st August 

text/email on 11 September 

in mail 15th September 

I wouldn’t expect anything for at least a week.

Ahaaaaa, that way...okey.. good to know... i think i will just let it go as it goes...

What you are doing guys while waiting for work permit? Im going a bit crazy, even i live next to the beach, already treating it as annual pass to the gym 🤣.

To be unemployed is not for me at all...

K-1 journey

09/30/2017 - petition mailed

10/03/2017 - case received

10/03/2017 - NOA1

04/04/2018 - NOA2

04/25/2018 - NVC received & case # assigned 

04/27/2018 - NVC left

04/27/2018 - embassy received, "ready"

05/08/2018 - medical - sputum test

07/11/2018 - sputum test results

07/18/2018 - embassy recieved results

06/07/2018 - interview - approved

07/20/2018 - VOH

08/05/2018 - POE Miami

08/14/2018 - wedding

AOS journey

09/15/2018 - petition mailed (I-485 + I-765 + I-131)

09/17/2018 - cases received (case status date)

09/27/2018 - NOA1 (hard copy)

10/11/2018 -  biometrics appointment

12/17/2018 - i765 and i131 approved (expedited)

12/21/2018 - combo card received

12/22/2018 - NOA2 for i765 and i131 received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
9 minutes ago, SanaW said:

Hi guys I have a question that one of you can help answer, so we are trying to get Social Security for my Husband he came here on a K1 visa and we went to our local SS office with his passport, I94 and our marriage certificate and they told us that because his status change because we got married it needs to change on the I94 as well and I printed out the I94 and it still says that my fiance came to the US on Fiance Visa and the lady told us that we need to go to the immigration office and have his status changed and then we can apply for his SS! I though a person can hold an SS on fiance visa, is anyone else having the same problem? and you guys please advice me on what to do! 

Hi, I am in Milwaukee, WI and I got my SS card without problem after we were married, but I had read that some SSA officers were saying the same as you found, it seems that many officers don't know that because we are here on a K1 and a current I94 we can apply for a SS card, I only took the application, my passport and I94, plus document RM 10211.530 (see the link below) which I didn't need, and was very carful what information I volunteered, the guy never asked if I was married and I 'forgot' to mention it, I was there 20 minutes while he entered the info and he said the card would be with me within four weeks and it arrived in three.

This is where I got my info from:  http://www.visajourney.com/content/ssn     You could go back to the SSA with the RM form and see what they say or try another office and hope nothing is in the system,  any VJ's have any idea's? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mr & Mr said:

And when you have got email? Im just curious, they received our case yesterday at 12 pm and nothing yet. No email, no sms, nothing. Just curious how long them takes to send notification after receiving?

We never got the email, just the SMS text. The text was sent on the 12th at 7:00 am.

Removing Conditions 

I-751 Sent:    04-Nov-2020

i-751 Received: 10-Nov-2020

Fee charged: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1 Received: 17-Dec-2020

24 mo. Extension: 15-Nov-2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
11 hours ago, SanaW said:

We were able to get her SSN without any issues. The local office just stated that there is a large communications issue between the Social Security Administration and USCIS. So it took them a bit of time to determine her immigration status. We just used the passport, I-94, and marriage certificate; we brought extra copies of everything else too just incase though.

Removing Conditions 

I-751 Sent:    04-Nov-2020

i-751 Received: 10-Nov-2020

Fee charged: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1: 14-Dec-2020

NoA1 Received: 17-Dec-2020

24 mo. Extension: 15-Nov-2021

18 hours ago, Naes said:

For an easy change you should have gone to SSA before getting married. He is no longer a fiancé. And most officers are not familiar with the process unfortunately.

you can try another office and hope someone will give you a different answer (cause it sometimes depends on the officer you got) this resolves the situation in most cases, how many days left on his I-94 by the way?

the worst case scenario you will get it after he has his status/ead.

check these posts:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/156-social-security-numbers/

we did and the SS never came and they called my husband a week ago and told him to come back because his status changed and when we went there they told us that we need to go to immigration office to have his status changed which was so weird all this happened in Baltimore MD, I'm thinking of trying the office in CT where my parents live. 

18 hours ago, colin57 said:

Hi, I am in Milwaukee, WI and I got my SS card without problem after we were married, but I had read that some SSA officers were saying the same as you found, it seems that many officers don't know that because we are here on a K1 and a current I94 we can apply for a SS card, I only took the application, my passport and I94, plus document RM 10211.530 (see the link below) which I didn't need, and was very carful what information I volunteered, the guy never asked if I was married and I 'forgot' to mention it, I was there 20 minutes while he entered the info and he said the card would be with me within four weeks and it arrived in three.

This is where I got my info from:  http://www.visajourney.com/content/ssn     You could go back to the SSA with the RM form and see what they say or try another office and hope nothing is in the system,  any VJ's have any idea's? 

Yes I'm going to try a different location and see what they say..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
47 minutes ago, demortae said:

So is it better to send I485 first and wait for noa before sending the rest of the forms?

no
Send all 3 forms at the same time.
It costs the same $1,225 to send the other two forms with I-485

Hi,

I had a question about the medical result, when we entered the U.S at POE in Chicago. They held on to our medical result, and the guy was saying that after they review, they'll send it to our address, it's been 2 months since we entered the U.S and we have everything ready to apply for our AOS. but we still haven't received our medical records back from the POE.

What should we do?

@Naes @Greenbaumdo you have any suggestions?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, raiiley said:

Hi,

I had a question about the medical result, when we entered the U.S at POE in Chicago. They held on to our medical result, and the guy was saying that after they review, they'll send it to our address, it's been 2 months since we entered the U.S and we have everything ready to apply for our AOS. but we still haven't received our medical records back from the POE.

What should we do?

@Naes @Greenbaumdo you have any suggestions?

I never heard of them sending it to you. They will keep the papers archived so they can pull your records when needed for AOS.  Didn’t you come with k1?

14 minutes ago, Naes said:

I never heard of them sending it to you. They will keep the papers archived so they can pull your records when needed for AOS.  Didn’t you come with k1?

Yes, 

I came with K1 visa, we had our wedding and our marriage license. And now we're filing AOS and we also need to submit the form I693, and they ask for civil surgeon, is this suppose to be another physician in the U.S? Do I need to be seen by another doctor and this person will fill out on this from?

When I was reading the instruction, they said that if we had our medical exam oversea, we don't need to do another one, so I thought we'd need to send in our medical result but mine was being held at the POE.

I'm very confused because I couldn't find the forum where they discuss the process of filling AOS after K1. If you know where the portal is, that'd be a great help

Timeline
35 minutes ago, raiiley said:

Yes, 

I came with K1 visa, we had our wedding and our marriage license. And now we're filing AOS and we also need to submit the form I693, and they ask for civil surgeon, is this suppose to be another physician in the U.S? Do I need to be seen by another doctor and this person will fill out on this from?

When I was reading the instruction, they said that if we had our medical exam oversea, we don't need to do another one, so I thought we'd need to send in our medical result but mine was being held at the POE.

I'm very confused because I couldn't find the forum where they discuss the process of filling AOS after K1. If you know where the portal is, that'd be a great help

As instructions says, you don’t need to send one (nor a copy) if you had it within the year. This is AOS after k1. Just sub forum for September filers. 

If your vaccinations were completed outside of us and sent with your k1 you also don’t need to submit those. If they were not completed then you need to get a completed I-693 by a civil surgeon and send that.

however, I can say with ease that they are or going to send you your medical after poe, they will send it with uscis/dhs.yours is not held at poe. I believe They took it with your packet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.